The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This makes me mad & motivates me at the same time...

Anything related to matters of the mind

dreamer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Apr 1, 2012
California
I think about this every time I see my paycheck from my "sidewalk" day job. To think of what I REALLY get paid per hour AFTER taxes is a complete joke. Makes me REALLY want to work for myself! (I know you still have to pay taxes, but at least you don't see money disappearing from your paycheck each week).

dnlh0l.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Discourse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 1, 2014
You can't get mad at the weather. Or anything outside your control. If you don't like it, why don't you move to somewhere else!

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
Not entirely true. There were periods of taxation in the 1800s. This is just a Ron Paul sound bite.

Billion dollar naval vessels and multimillion dollar planes cost slightly more than the military hardware of the time. Cross-country highways and extensive roadworks to cope with the tens of millions of cars that now exist.

Unless you're content to revert to horse and carts on dirt roads and waging wars in clunky steel warships without an airforce then these comparisons are silly.

Yeah it sucks losing a chunk of coin but let's not dilute things here. Work hard, get your own, and put yourself in a position of security where taxation doesn't compromise your existence.

And you're about to be exposed to income and corporate tax if you start a company.

runbch

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 12, 2014
Obviously taxation is necessary but how efficiently is our money being used? Just think about how much money it takes to run for office. Where is this money coming from and does this affect decision making?

dreamer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Apr 1, 2012
California
I was just ranting about something that "irks" me everytime I get my paycheck...

I realize taxes are good and necessary... but they still suck, lol. And they motivate me to move towards a fastlane business... because if I was making a TON of money, I wouldn't NEED that extra little bit so badly that they DO take from me. You know what I mean? What I "actually get paid" after taxes is soooooooooooo sad. When you interview for a job they should tell you EXACTLY what you're getting paid per hour, after taxes... because the amount they say you'll actually make if you get the job, YOU DON'T make that much! lol

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
I'm not trying to step on your toes dreamer but it's all about perspective bud. I get how you're looking at it, I'm sure everyone here has been there before.

But let's consider a different perspective for a minute.

Before I do, I'm not here to argue or discuss the efficiency of the government, that's a separate and pointless discussion unless you can take action about it.

if I was making a TON of money, I wouldn't NEED that extra little bit so badly that they DO take from me.
You're seeing this from a victim stand point when you say "THEY do TAKE from ME." No they aren't taking it from you, it's part of being an American. It's the same across the board, you're not being singled out, you're just like everyone else. It's not being taken, you're giving it.

You also said "if I was making a TON of money, I wouldn't NEED that extra little bit" I'm sorry to say, that's not true. Even if you were making double or triple what you're making now you'd still be in the same situation. Parkinson's law states that your lifestyle will always rise to or exceed your income. (that is unless you take conscious action against it) The fact that you NEED it means your lifestyle is exceeding your income, which is the result of your choices, no one else. You need to take control of it now so you can be prepared for more money later in life, otherwise it'll be a riches to rags story.

We all pay taxes so rather than be negative about it look at it differently. I don't necessarily enjoy writing a check to the IRS at the end of the year. But I have to look at it and go "I'm grateful I made so much that I get the opportunity to pay this large amount" unless you want to be on the other side of the fence going "I wish I made enough to owe taxes." If you don't owe some taxes you didn't make a profit. So be grateful you make enough to be able to pay those taxes.

All about perspective.

qvantage

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Nov 22, 2013
Don't worry and i think this is good for you and your business. Its your first reponsibility towards your own country. Spend your money when you need to grow your business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.