The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TheFastLaneForum IRC Chat?

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
I was searching to see if there's ever been one or if people are even open to one but couldn't find any. Is there any reason why this hasn't been done yet? We could set up a Freenode group pretty easily if anyone's interested.

So, whatdya think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I don't think theres a need for a group chat. Personally I wouldn't use it, because I already spend way too much time here ;) and I think the forum is sufficient for almost any communication needs. And for everything else people just get in touch on Skype etc.

thejanitor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Sep 25, 2012
I don't think theres a need for a group chat. Personally I wouldn't use it, because I already spend way too much time here ;) and I think the forum is sufficient for almost any communication needs. And for everything else people just get in touch on Skype etc.

Concurred, the heart and soul of this forum is the documentation. To be honest, I haven't even visited the actual site other than to register. I'm 100% on the go and the forums I'm on I post via tapatalk. Content is why I decided I HAD to join and I'm sure it's the same for many others.

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
Reviving this thread. IRC should be seen as complementary to this site. Forums are good for durable communication with hours to days lag between responses. IRC is volatile real-time chat. It's the difference between a correspondence thru a series of letters and a conference call.

Turns out someone already registered channel #fastlane on freenode. I'll be idling there if anyone wants to chat.

D

DeletedUser394

I wouldn't use it either.

When I need/want to contact someone from here, I use PMs, Skype, or simply meet up in person.

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
It's probably not going to attract people who already aren't using IRC. Anyway I started idling in #fastlane yesterday (which someone else had created and registered nearly a year ago) and already had one person show up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.