The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Silva Mind Control Method

For any book discussion

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014
Has anyone read/applied the principles in this book? The book is highly reviewed on Amazon, but after reading the first couple of chapters, it seems like a lot of bs. I'd like to hear your opinion

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Has anyone read/applied the principles in this book? The book is highly reviewed on Amazon, but after reading the first couple of chapters, it seems like a lot of bs. I'd like to hear your opinion

I'm not familiar with Silvas methods, though I read and forgot the book in the 80s. In general, the value of a self-help book is dependent on what you are trying to get out of it, what you are starting with, and what your personality responds to. Also, in general, any system that encourages you to control your thought processes has great potential. To be more accurate, it has great potential for good or bad.

Humans have the unique ability to dwell on imaginary things, and those thoughts can affect your real life. For example, a friend of mine was a pilot, and he would use what some would call "creative visualization" to work through disaster scenarios. The old auto-suggestion technique of repeating 20 times "Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better" was proven long ago to help people. Hypnotherapy, mediation, and other "mind control" methods are all tools you can use to change your mind, and your life.

If you are focused on better entrepreneurial skills, you might want to consider classics like Napoleon Hills "Think and Grow Rich", or modern derivations of it. Before he died Napoleon Hill revealed his favorite technique was to imagine himself in a conference room with all his idols, and he would ask them for help with different problems. He regarded these imaginary people as different corners of his own subconscious mind that he knew he could never consciously access. He also knew people would call him crazy if he said "I see dead people".

I'm not a big fan of organizations that "break down and rebuild your mind", whether it's Landmark or the Marine Corp, but I think it is useful for people to explore these things themselves. In my life, I have found meditation to be useful for introspection, and I have tried less successfully to learn about self-hypnosis for directed changes.

I would suggest you consider what changes you want to make, and survey the various methods that are out there. For your specific need, there is probably a subset of optimal methods. For example, if you are nervous about something, I would probably suggest creative-visualization to "pre-live" the experience. If you want to consciously access your unconscious mind, maybe something like Napoleon Hill's method. If you want to be more positive, perhaps something like the auto-suggestion mentioned above. Etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.