The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

the life of an entrepreneur

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
What's more motivating than creating! :) Turn some music on, be happy, get in the vibe and take action every day.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
Let me just give you an example of how simple minded this is.... How do you make a world class dish? ...How do you become a master, of masterchefs??........ ohhhh......... Work hard. Never quit. HAHAH

Can You See Now how F*cking laughable this is!!!

No mention about study, preparation of meals, using the righ ingredients. The right amount. etc.etc.

It's the same with business.

I will never understand people that can get something out of this type of SHORT-CUT "motivational" mind junk.

Peace.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
hey guys, here is a short roughly 2 minute video i found that would be quite motivating for you entrepreneurs outthere.
I actually follow Patrick (the guy in the video/narrator) on Twitter. He shares some good posts and videos and he's a pretty chill guy. I'd recommend watching some of his videos.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alex W.

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 30, 2015
Let me just give you an example of how simple minded this is.... How do you make a world class dish? ...How do you become a master, of masterchefs??........ ohhhh......... Work hard. Never quit. HAHAH

No mention about study, preparation of meals, using the righ ingredients. The right amount. etc.etc.

I will never understand people that can get something out of this type of SHORT-CUT "motivational" mind junk.

Peace.

lol

someone needing a little extra attention today?

I enjoy these videos (don't need to justify why, to you). If you don't find value in them, don't watch them. Certainly don't barge in and berate them. That is "F*cking laughable". Do something better with your time.

"Peace."

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
awesome motivating video. im so happy i have found this forum, so i can talk with people i can relate with.

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel

Peace.

I fully agree with that mindset. success will occur only within HARD WORK, and motivation is only time limited. like making the work to a habit,but still those videos are fun to watch from time to time

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
lol

someone needing a little extra attention today?

I enjoy these videos (don't need to justify why, to you). If you don't find value in them, don't watch them. Certainly don't barge in and berate them. That is "F*cking laughable". Do something better with your time.

"Peace."

Well said. What motivates one person isn't going to motivate another.. and that is beyond cool. If you watch, less or just think about something and it gives you a big old "Hell, yeah I'm going to do it" then who cares what it does for someone else. It's your journey, not theirs and each will have it's own soundtrack.

Vidar

Business Ninjette
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jun 22, 2013
Utah

Peace.
Who doesn't like a little "rah-rah, you can do it!" cheer-leading from the side every once in a while? Especially when most of us are lone travelers of the Fastlane, and everyone around us is quite happy and content to sit on the Sidewalk or putter along in the Slowlane.

I'm pretty sure that working hard and never quitting are essential parts of becoming a Master Chef... along with talent, self-discipline, dedication, etc. There's no "short cuts" to be found here on the Forum, or in Life for that matter, but a little Motivation/ Pep Talk can go a long way on rough days.

Heck, we do the "rah-rah" for each other all the time in the Operating Room! Sometimes things just end up horrible, and there wasn't anything anyone could do to make it better. But a little pep talk and a kick in the pants helps tremendously to get back back into the groove.

If your mind isn't in the right place, you're not going to be making the best decisions for you or your company. No?

:rolleyes:

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
There's no "short cuts" to be found here on the Forum, or in Life for that matter, but a little Motivation/ Pep Talk can go a long way on rough days.
Let me just clarify what I meant with the "SHORT-CUT". I meant that, when looking at the big picture of things, "working hard" and "never quit" are like 2/200 of what needs to be done. And there is absolutely no guarantee you will become wealthy. By just working hard, and never quiting. Unless you have the 198 other components. But the gurus like to simplify things.

The reason I had to comment, is because, this two keystones has been posted like 10 times already with 10 other gurus. They all seem to say the same thing.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
I actually follow Patrick (the guy in the video/narrator) on Twitter. He shares some good posts and videos and he's a pretty chill guy. I'd recommend watching some of his videos.
i found out about him couple weeks ago, he is pretty great.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
I fully agree with that mindset. success will occur only within HARD WORK, and motivation is only time limited.
You should read my other post I made. About that guy working SMART. Worked 10 hours a week and made $10 million a year. So it can't be fully true, that hard work is always the key? And no, I am not talking about lottery winners either.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
Let me just clarify what I meant with the "SHORT-CUT". I meant that, when looking at the big picture of things, "working hard" and "never quit" are like 2/200 of what needs to be done. And there is absolutely no guarantee you will become wealthy. By just working hard, and never quiting. Unless you have the 198 other components. But the gurus like to simplify things.

The reason I had to comment, is because, this two keystones has been posted like 10 times already with 10 other gurus. They all seem to say the same thing.
this is not one of those self help bloated videos, if it gave you that impression well sorry i guess i have done a bad job posting it then, that's not why i intended to post it. i just post it simply because of what the guy is saying and by the way it's just two minutes lol, it's not like i said, "hey here is a motivational successful video that will instantly change your life" i would be utterly stupid to do that.

by the way i clearly understand what you are saying and i agree as well, but at the end of the day everybody has their own formula for success i have read tons of books over the years and their is one word that all successful persons always keep saying from time to time and it is persistence which all boils down to working hard and never quit.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
by the way i clearly understand what you are saying and i agree as well, but at the end of the day everybody has their own formula for success i have read tons of books over the years and their is one word that all successful persons always keep saying from time to time and it is persistence which all boils down to working hard and never quit.
Okay. No problem. And that's what I mean too. They all seem to say the same thing. That's why I suggest, trying to find inspiration from people with new ideas. Instead of following the guys with the same ideas. Which we've already heard 10 x times.

Many years ago, I used to follow the same gurus. I used to kiss their asses and write them e-mails. Telling them how great they are. Today I follow zero gurus. I try to look up to my self more. Than to let gurus influence me too much, especially those with little tangible value. Tangible value = CENTS/CENTS.

Last edited by a moderator:

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
Okay. No problem. And that's what I mean too. They all seem to say the same thing. That's why I suggest, trying to find inspiration from people with new ideas. Instead of following the guys with the same ideas. Which we've already heard 10 x times.

Many years ago, I used to follow the same gurus. I used to kiss their asses and write them e-mails. Telling them how great they are. Today I follow zero gurus. I try to look up to my self more. Than to let gurus influence me too much, especially those with little tangible value. Tangible value = CENTS/CENTS.
i used to do the samething as well i guess some of us go through the same process sometimes. i used to listen brian tracy, earl nightingale,anthony robbins(who have some good books),les brown, eric thomas, jack canfield etc. then one day i woke up and i was like damn i am still broke. i was in this mental masturbation state imagining all these fantasies lol. looking back now that was some scary times. i just stopped listening to those stuff and get some work done.but i don't regret it though to an extent it helped shaped my mindset in a new direction i just felt i outgrown those type of content.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
i used to do the samething as well i guess some of use go through the same process sometimes. i used to listen brian tracy, earl nightingale,anthony robbins(who have some good books),les brown, eric thomas, jack canfield etc. then one day i woke up and i was like damn i am still broke. i was in this mental masturbation state imagining all these fantasies lol. looking back now that was some scary times. i just stopped listening to those stuff and get some work done.but i don't regret it though to an extent it helped shaped my mindset in a new direction i just felt i outgrown those type of content.
Well. I gonna be honest. I used to believe in Aliens too and were involved on AboveTopSecret. I used to believe in Ghosts. 10 years ago I was reading about Emanuel Swedenborg and how he used to "speak with angels". By reading other stuff and always looking for answers. I came to the conclusion some years later. That most of what I thought was just built up from my emotional personality type. And to an extent, my mind playing tricks on me.

Last edited:

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
Well. I gonna be honest. I used to believe in Aliens too and were involved on AboveTopSecret. I used to believe in Ghosts. 10 years ago I was reading about Emanuel Swedenborg and how he used to "speak with angels". By reading other stuff and always looking for answers. I came to the conclusion some years later. That most of what I thought was just built up from my emotional personality type. And to an extent, my mind playing tricks on me.
i use to watch alot of scifi bulls%#t and discovery channel stuff lol, i am g glad i stopped now and i use to believe in it as well. i remember one time when i did even wanted to become a philosopher and write about those weird stuff. but i'll leave those stuff for someone else but that just shows how the mind works sometimes as you said.

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
You should read my other post I made. About that guy working SMART. Worked 10 hours a week and made $10 million a year. So it can't be fully true, that hard work is always the key? And no, I am not talking about lottery winners either.
I love your mindset.just to clarify, when I say hard work I meant to mental hard work. I have already know pretty fast that frustrating work isn't the key for me,and if i don't love it I won't get too far. just working harder for more income isn't fastlane, which means life without passions and fun.
Keep searching for ways to work more in less effort and time,learning all way trough and having fun.I believe in SMART WORK instead of hard work and its the decision i took long time ago.
btw thanks for your post, i will read it :)

Blue1214

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
368%
Jun 26, 2014

Peace.

You're overthinking it.

You also conveniently ignored the part in the video where he says "they learned every day, worked hard everyday, learned from a proven mentor." Just to make a point.

I don't see at all how the video is "shortcut" motivational. It's telling you the opposite actually...

It's not for everyone these videos, I agree. I tend to lean more toward learning discipline to finish what I start instead of looking for short bursts of motivation, but everyone is different.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.