The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Fastlane Changes Lives

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
I’ve been around the forums for a few months now and I thought I’d do a more in-depth introduction now that I have a better feel for the place.

To start, at the present time I am halfway through reading The Millionaire Fastlane , which for me, is crazy because I tear through books really quickly usually. But with this one I’m purposefully taking my time and letting the ideas sink in.

I’m currently at a really low point in my life. I’m disabled (got hurt on the job), unemployed, homeless, my wife is sick with a mystery illness that the doctors haven’t figured out yet (they don’t seem to like poor people much, lol) along with several of my other loved ones struggling really bad (my mom suffers from an ultra-rare disease that has made her suffer agonizing pain and too many amputations to count.)

Sob story aside, I am holding on to hope. Mainly because I am learning and working to improve myself so that I can improve my life, my loved ones lives, and others lives eventually. (I guess if I reverse the order of that it is more how it is going to work.)

I’ve been learning a ton and reading like a fiend and so far, The Millionaire Fastlane really stands out. The book is awesome and full of insight. The forums, though, are what I’m loving even more. This community of people is one of the best I’ve come across on this great wide web. There are so many successful people just pouring out value to the readers of the forum.

It’s been inspiring and informative reading and learning from you guys the past few months and I’m really looking forward to continuing it in the future. And eventually being one of the successful people pouring out value of my own to the forum members.

I’ve got quite a way to go before things start to turn around, but thanks in good part to the members of this forum and MJ, I’m really confident that I’m going to get out of this hole.

So, thanks guys and girls. You’re helping change lives.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Where are you located?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Write an eBook specifically on life through the eyes of a homeless person. The struggles, the routine, how the system perpetuates itself, a day in the life, navigating health care, safety and security, food, shelter, survival.

Don't spend too much time on your history (because nobody really cares). A few pages max on your history/personal story. That's not why people would buy this/

Spend the time talking about today. What's it like? Give me the eyes to see through your eyes. Open my eyes to a world I have never seen before. Take me into a journey into a world that I don't have access to.

If your narrative is authentic, raw, and interesting you will find scale.

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
@Vigilante Wow, that is a really good idea. I really appreciate it! Do you think it should be kind of a how-to? (Not memoir, because like you said, people don't really care about ME.) Maybe I could interview others and have a kind of compilation of stories about homelessness. I'm also excited that you said that I'm a good writer because I recently started blogging a little bit. I'm going for a rags-to-riches story that is live and starting from the bottom because most the stories you hear about people going from nothing to prosperity is past tense, where you hear the successful person's memories of their journey.
Not even going to lie, I kinda fan-girled out when you complimented me and took an interest in my thread. Lol :joyful:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Vigilante Wow, that is a really good idea. I really appreciate it! Do you think it should be kind of a how-to? (Not memoir, because like you said, people don't really care about ME.) Maybe I could interview others and have a kind of compilation of stories about homelessness. I'm also excited that you said that I'm a good writer because I recently started blogging a little bit. I'm going for a rags-to-riches story that is live and starting from the bottom because most the stories you hear about people going from nothing to prosperity is past tense, where you hear the successful person's memories of their journey.
Not even going to lie, I kinda fan-girled out when you complimented me and took an interest in my thread. Lol :joyful:

You can do this. Come up with something compelling. You have a unique chance to make a difference. Less "how to" as homeless are not your readers. More of a documentary. Bring your readers in to that world.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
I've started to outline the book idea and it looks like it's going to be a fun project. I'm starting to get a bunch of jobs on Elance/Upwork (thanks in large part to Lex's threads) so it may go on the back burner while I build that up and get back on my feet a lil bit.
One of the things I'm struggling with is actually finding my limiting beliefs that are holding me back. My mindset has improved a ton over the last couple months, but I definitely have blind spots.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
in for updates.

if theres anything i can do to help you, let me know.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.