The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The beginning

lewkirt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Dec 18, 2014
Hi all,

Let me first introduce myself... I am a 19 year old student that studies exercise and fitness management in my first year at university and i worked in a gym for my gap year after college which i also studied a fitness industry related course. From before i can remember success has always been my main priority in life. I have always had this constant urge to better myself and my motivation has always been such a good characteristic of mine, I DONT GIVE UP. At the current age of 19 i have tried a lot of things that could help me reach my dreams, some stupid, some quite clever. However I've never really been in the financial state to start.

In the past few days i decided to pick something that I've wanted to do for ages and go for it. This was to make a clothing line in the fitness industry. coincidentally i found this website hidden in the internet and thought it would be a great tool to use on my journey to make relationships with the people on the same grind as me! I don't really know where i was going with this post but i guess i just wanted to introduce myself and start the ball rolling.

Im hear for the main reason of feedback to help me along the way, ideas and other peoples knowledge as i know there are a lot of clever and successful people on here just by reading a few posts and last but not least to maybe find people that have a different expertise than me that offer a different way to succeed that i may not of considered.

To end this thread i want to tell you want my dreams and goals are from life...

1. I want to have my own fitness clothing line
2. I want to own my own gym
3. I want to property develop some way down the line with my spare cash
4. I want to have the freedom to travel the world
5. THE MOST IMPORTANT: I want to be able to treat the people important in my life, being able to provide my small family and closest friends would mean more to me than having a Ferrari or lambo.

If anyone can help or provide answers to what i should do next please feel free! i am an extremely loyal person and this is not a joke for me I've wanted this for longer than i should've at this age.

Thanks a lot for your time and i hope you welcome me to this forum!

LEW

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Hey!

One of my close friends and you share a lot of passions and ideas... he studied general health sciences at a community college, and decided not to attend University for personal training after he was accepted. Recently, he began working at a local gym to "get his foot in the door", get a free membership, and learn more about the industry. He is going to begin pursuing a personal training certificate through a weekend course-kind of program soon.

I suggest you start working in a gym/sports related environment if you don't already, and save as much cash as you possibly can. Stay with your parents (if you're still there!) and put money away while you have very low overhead. Also, start thinking more deeply about what kind of clothing company you want to own and how it would do anything better than the other companies out there. Is it more beautiful? Comfortable? Better price?

Good luck and look forward to seeing your success.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
To end this thread i want to tell you want my dreams and goals are from life...

Make sure this aligns with a market need, otherwise you'll be swimming upstream.

Welcome to the forum.

PS: There's a 10+ page thread on the INSIDE from @TJPB who started his own fitness line.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...