The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Terms of Service. And When I Even Need It

T

TimeIsMoney

Hello Fastlane Forum,

I am launching a company in the coming weeks. Market research, designs, and coding are finishing up, and right now I am kind of stuck on the legal side of things.

This company, while I don't want to disclose much, is a web service company. The product/service are websites and some other things as well (this isn't freelancing. think Wix or SquareSpace, just a little different). We are kind of "disrupting" the market.

Our company is:
- combining multiple services from various business (without a wholesale deal or anything) and creating one product. Just using one main account to buy their services.
- charging for our service with monthly & yearly contracts.
- we reserve the right to cancel/delete the "product" if the customer decides to cancel their plan with us, but they also have the option to buy it.

There are several other points of course, but thats the jist of it.

1) Should I put together a terms of service based on another companies terms, until I have enough business profits to hire an attorney?

That's what I think I should do. I just want to get this launched, see proof that people want it ($$$), and then move forward. I just think: "why spend money protecting a business that isn't worth ****?" I also am not setting up an LLC until the $85 I need come in from some orders..

If anyone has been in the same position I would really appreciate any insight!

- TimeIsMoney

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Harti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jun 28, 2014
I just want to get this launched, see proof that people want it ($$$), and then move forward
The question you should ask yourself is why you haven't validated your idea good enough. Because if you did you wouldn't be in doubt.

Personally I would never treat the legal side of business care- or clueless. Getting sued (which is unbelievable more common in the US than in Germany) will cost you so much more money than the attorney.

Pre-Selling is the thing that I would do if I were in your position.

Harti

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.