The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Successful entrepreneur tip

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
Entrepreneurs make alot of mistakes it's all apart of the process, but what i would say is don't become an entrepreneur because you want to become an entreprenuer become a entrepreneur because you have to.These so called entrepreneurs these days thinks that startups is the holy grail of becoming rich and successful having that ferrari,big mansion and private jet living the dream but i am here to put the salt in that honey because it isn't what most people think it is like how the media put it, it's so hard and what i hate is that the media tends to cover up all these things about starting a company to encourage alot of startups which at the end of the day most of them will fail. starting a company is so hard i mean it can lead to depression and causes stress and passion alone cannot carry you through these hard times when you feeling like the whole world is caving down on you, you got to know your why and i think alot of entrepreneurs skip this process because they want to jump quick execution which is the how part of it and the why part is the first and most important step you should take which comes from within. your why will carry you through all these ups and downs because entrepreneurship is like a roller coaster ride you chooses if you want to scream or enjoy the ride.

most times in a startup it's not about the idea that makes persons fail it's about the execution and why you are doing it, why you work up everyday giving your time to this company, why are you getting funded which is a risk to get this company started. they are so many elements which can make a company successful but your why is what will carry you through with perseverance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
for real i understand man lol

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
yeah but thats the thrill of it all.

you are right, entrepreneurs are prone to depression in startups, massive burnouts and other things, but at the same time its an adventure

i came to this place thinking id find some proven business that already exists, like hotels or SEO or web design or some shit.

after leaving this place for a while and networking in my city in person, im now part of a founding team of a disruptive startup

yeah i know what im up for and what might happen, but its the butterflies in my stomach and the excitement that i love about it

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
And launching a website with one page hosted at Blue Host that took you 15 minutes to create is NOT a startup.

most times in a startup it's not about the idea that makes persons fail it's about the execution and why you are doing it

So true.

The word "busy" is in "business" for a good reason.

The german word for entrepreneur is Unternehmer, which you can translate into DOER.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Yeah but calling yourself a "start-up" gets you Ooos and Aaahs and sometimes millions of VC dollars without making a cent of revenue.

Me personally, I'd hate to be called a start-up. I want to be swinging with the established guys right away, not to be considered an "up and comer" or "new kid".

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Most of the time when I hear someone talking about their start-up, it means they bought a paycheck with VC money.

"We are doing great, I'm starting off with X salary, we have two heavy hitting investors. We are going places."
Awesome, when is the liquidation sale?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.