The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stripe steps up PayPal rivalry with Australian launch

Tengen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 22, 2014
Australia
From The Guardian - http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...teps-up-paypal-rivalry-with-australian-launch

Payment startup Stripe is launching in Australia, letting merchants in the country join the UK, Ireland, USA and Canada in taking payments using the service.

The company bills itself as a programming language for money, pitching itself to app and website developers on ease of use. It can be added to most services with just a few lines of code, and automatically supports features such as subscriptions, use of multiple currencies, and one-tap purchasing out of the box.

For the Aussies in this forum, here are Stripe's and Paypal's pricing pages

https://stripe.com/au/pricing

Stripe charges 1.75% + 30¢ for domestic cards and 2.9% + 30¢ for American Express or international cards.

Processing more than $40,000 per month? Send us an email at sales@stripe.com

Earnings are transferred to your bank account on a 7-day rolling basis.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

Online sales within Australia*^ 2.4% + $0.30 per transaction
International online sales* 3.4% plus a fixed fee based on the currency received

*Excluding Website Payments Pro – Hosted Solution and API, Virtual Terminal and Payflow.
^If your sender funds the payment by a non-Australian credit or debit card, an additional 1% processing fee applies on the amount funded by the card.

I haven't done more research into the fine print but seems like an interesting option.

Anyone here care to share their experiences with Stripe over Paypal?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kyle Tully

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 13, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I'm using both.

Paypal forever and stripe since the beta launch.

I plugged stripe in and it worked. Haven't had any issues or need for anything so time will tell if/when issues arise.

Sent from my iPhone using magic.

Tengen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Just signed up for an account, very easy to integrate to my Wufoo forms and they have two-factor authentication that works with the Google Authenticator app. The payment also seems to work within the website with no redirects.

My gripe with paypal is that they haven't yet made it possible to use two-factor authentication through the same app, only through mobile text message - what if i'm somewhere with no phone reception?

Everything looks shiny and clean, will report back if there are any problems.

rcdlopez

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Nov 12, 2012
Los Angeles
I use both too. Stripe has good API documentation so using it is a breeze from a developers stand point. Paypal ...is alright.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.