The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Strange Acquisition Channels in my Analytics

pgtownsyou

Forge Ahead
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Oct 29, 2013
Minnesota
As traffic to my site has started to increase, I'm noticing that in my Google Analytics there is a fairly large amount of traffic coming from a few strange sources.

econom.co
ilovevitaly.com
forum.topic56099440.darodar.com
iedit.ilovevitaly.com

When I try to visit the sites, they all seem to redirect to some part of ilovevitaly.com. I really have no idea what this website is or why/how it is directing traffic to my website.

Anyone else have any experience with strange acquisition sources? Any idea why this is happening? I feel like it is skewing with my numbers.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Why not follow each of those referral sources and see where they lead, and if they're linking to you. You can get the exact referral URL in analytics, not just the referral domain name

pgtownsyou

Forge Ahead
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Oct 29, 2013
Minnesota
Why not follow each of those referral sources and see where they lead, and if they're linking to you. You can get the exact referral URL in analytics, not just the referral domain name

I have followed the URLs that I posted, but they just lead me thru a series of redirects, and never to a page that has any sort of linking to my website. They seem to lead to Ali Express and a strange search engine called ilovevitaly.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Funny you mention aliexpress I noticed one referral recently redirected me to alibaba.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Organic traffic? I had a look at ilovevitaly.com and a search on it just sent me to Google. I wouldn't be surprised if they are monetising as a Google search partner or something. Not seen it quite like this. Does look odd, but I doubt you are losing money over it. If you were buying the traffic and it was coming from that site, then I'd check the traffic quality (that it converts the same as the rest of your traffic).

pgtownsyou

Forge Ahead
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Oct 29, 2013
Minnesota
Organic traffic? I had a look at ilovevitaly.com and a search on it just sent me to Google. I wouldn't be surprised if they are monetising as a Google search partner or something. Not seen it quite like this. Does look odd, but I doubt you are losing money over it. If you were buying the traffic and it was coming from that site, then I'd check the traffic quality (that it converts the same as the rest of your traffic).

It is organic traffic. I don't fear that I am losing anything over it, but I do suspect it is artificially inflating my Analytics numbers. The traffic from ilovevitaly is more than any traffic than I'm getting from Google. I don't think it's harmful, but it just seems strange to me.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Just filter it out if it bothers you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.