The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Startup #1: Instagram Ad Marketplace

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Winning

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Mar 8, 2014
So, Startup #1!

I'd like to introduce my fellow fastlaners to:

Adstagr.am | Instagram Ads, Sponsorships, Shoutouts

Features and what makes us unique?
  • Rolodex of Users - We've handpicked the best Instagram influencers, and will continue to do so to provide brands with the best possible exposure.
  • Seamless Experience - We found that buying ads on Instagram was very tedious and time consuming. From messaging about costs, negotiation, back and forth, sending the image or info on what to be posted, when it should be posted, sending payment, etc. Our platform eliminates the stress of Instagram ad buying and also provides payment security.
  • Success based pricing - We only make money when influencers make money. No hidden fees, setup fees, listing fees, etc. We additionally provide influencers with exposure to brands that frequent our site.
  • Marketplace: The true value is that we connect brands with Instagram influencers. Like MJ said, "It's a win-win: A monetization opportunity for the big IG accounts and a way for new brands to reach large audiences."
  • I've seen a few Instagram ad marketplaces but none were doing it right. I'll be using this thread to answer questions, get feedback from you all and mostly to monitor my own progress.
Background: I am a 20 year old online entrepreneur. My projects have grossed $15k+/mo during the highs. So in a way, this is not my first startup-- but it is my first startup thread on FF, hence calling it #1

Anyways, I've been hard at work with the help of a great developer for the past few months. Very excited and humbled to be able to provide an ad marketplace for Instagram influencers and brands.

If anyone is interested in the thread that started it all, here it is.

Credits to @James Amazio; used his progress thread as a template to mine.
Thank you to @MJ DeMarco and others for the validation!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Dude this is awesome, i'd love to use you in the future :)

BTW random questions, do you know how to get line breaks to work in instagram on iphone lol. I've tried everything, nothing works lol.

MindWarrior

Power Moves
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Feb 23, 2015
You're definitely creating VALUE with this business as I am yet to see something like this for Instagram.

Best of luck to you sir!

geekboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Nov 8, 2013
Cheshire, UK
Read about this on the forum a while back and thought it was a great idea. Glad you decided to pursue it!

Really like the name/domain as well

Keep the updates coming!

Winning

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Mar 8, 2014
@piesandak47 Awesome to hear! And a little trick I use is to type it all out in the Notes app (with line spacing how you'd like) and then paste in to Instagram. For the most part, it should retain the formatting.

Winning

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Mar 8, 2014
You're definitely creating VALUE with this business as I am yet to see something like this for Instagram.

Best of luck to you sir!

Appreciate it!

Read about this on the forum a while back and thought it was a great idea. Glad you decided to pursue it!

Really like the name/domain as well

Keep the updates coming!

Thanks for checking back in. Definitely had to pursue this idea. Will keep you all updated!

Winning

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Mar 8, 2014
@James Amazio The PM was much appreciated. I'm subbed to your progress thread- let's keep in touch!

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
@piesandak47 Awesome to hear! And a little trick I use is to type it all out in the Notes app (with line spacing how you'd like) and then paste in to Instagram. For the most part, it should retain the formatting.
Dude i tried that. It only line breaks sometimes. Very hit and miss. Obviously instagram can allow line breaks easily, not sure why they aren't doing it.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
@Winning My suggestion is to add bulk post pricing. For 1 posts most people will just contact the IG channel owner directly, but if you have bulk post pricing (like, buy 10 posts at a much better price), it becomes a great advantage over having to talk with all channels and grab their bulk pricing.

Cheers

Winning

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Mar 8, 2014
@Winning My suggestion is to add bulk post pricing. For 1 posts most people will just contact the IG channel owner directly, but if you have bulk post pricing (like, buy 10 posts at a much better price), it becomes a great advantage over having to talk with all channels and grab their bulk pricing.

Cheers

I like that idea. When luring advertisers via our marketing we can provide them with coupon codes for 10%+ off that will hopefully entice them further to use our service to book ads.

However, even when booking an ad at normal price-- our service is superior than just contacting the IG owner because of the payment protection alone. In addition, like mentioned above, we take out all the email back and forth with upfront pricing.

Thanks for the suggestion- will probably end up doing that at some point!

Cheers!

CrazyChris

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 12, 2015
So, Startup #1!

I'd like to introduce my fellow fastlaners to:

Adstagr.am | Instagram Ads, Sponsorships, Shoutouts

Features and what makes us unique?
  • Rolodex of Users - We've handpicked the best Instagram influencers, and will continue to do so to provide brands with the best possible exposure.
  • Seamless Experience - We found that buying ads on Instagram was very tedious and time consuming. From messaging about costs, negotiation, back and forth, sending the image or info on what to be posted, when it should be posted, sending payment, etc. Our platform eliminates the stress of Instagram ad buying and also provides payment security.
  • Success based pricing - We only make money when influencers make money. No hidden fees, setup fees, listing fees, etc. We additionally provide influencers with exposure to brands that frequent our site.
  • Marketplace: The true value is that we connect brands with Instagram influencers. Like MJ said, "It's a win-win: A monetization opportunity for the big IG accounts and a way for new brands to reach large audiences."
  • I've seen a few Instagram ad marketplaces but none were doing it right. I'll be using this thread to answer questions, get feedback from you all and mostly to monitor my own progress.
Background: I am a 20 year old online entrepreneur. My projects have grossed $15k+/mo during the highs. So in a way, this is not my first startup-- but it is my first startup thread on FF, hence calling it #1

Anyways, I've been hard at work with the help of a great developer for the past few months. Very excited and humbled to be able to provide an ad marketplace for Instagram influencers and brands.

If anyone is interested in the thread that started it all, here it is.

Credits to @James Amazio; used his progress thread as a template to mine.
Thank you to @MJ DeMarco and others for the validation!
Hey mate
I had a quick look, so forgive me if I missed something, but what's stopping me from just going around you? Have these insta pages signed a contract or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Site does look promising but is empty.. you can easily have more people to choose from..

Looking forward to see how it goes!

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
Have you made any sales?

Are these prices over priced or market average?

Asking because I might sign up my pages.

Npl9

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Dec 27, 2014
Something that I've been looking for myself and couldn't find: a platform for mutual shoutouts. There seems to be a lack of an outside place where Instagram users can easily connect with similar accounts to find free mutual shoutouts. I thought about trying to create something like this myself, but I don't think I'm going to pursue it. Perhaps you could add a section to your site with it. You could monetize it with advertisements or something, or at the very least it would likely drive extra traffic to your site.

Winning

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Mar 8, 2014
Update: I know it has been quite some time. There's been progress in signing up new influencers to the platform. Many are enthusiastic to sign up because it allows them more ways to monetize their accounts.

I've got a new opportunity that I couldn't pass up so the progress has stalled a bit. I'll keep everyone updated if there are any changes to my situation but at this time I'll definitely entertain possible partnership or buyouts to the right people.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Check out Brand Snob on the app store, I've seen Instagram influencers posting about it

Winning

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Mar 8, 2014
@BookwormMitch Thanks for pointing me towards them. They definitely have an interesting twist to it.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.