The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

start now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything related to matters of the mind

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
one of the number one killers of success is procastination, and the level of procastination that i have seen
over the years is extremely huge. everybody has a dream in life but only a hand full of them made it to fruition, they usually say that the wealthiest place in the world is the graveyard and that's really true because there lies cars that were never invented, books that were never written. I mean all of these ideas that have to die with the owner, some of them perhaps could've changed the world. what i find quite interesting is that there will never be another you on this earth, there will never be another person like you with the same characterisitcs and dna never ever again.

i found that quite extaordinary sometimes when i think of it and yet still we are wasting our time on unimportant stuff. i was apart of this couple years ago you know chasing chicks and wanna have sex everyday and party alot but when you look into it all these things they don't worth it, i never felt accomplished wanting to do all that and i am not perfect but i am gradually improving on my weak areas and to see how far i have came sometimes i feel like wow!!! this is really me. if someone would tell me 5 years ago that i was going to be the person i am today i would be like, "WTF!!!!! you're talking about man get away", that's the person i once was but anyways though let's get back to the point. All of us have something we really want to do in life, something meaningful, something we really would wake up early and stay up late for.

we all have dreams but only handful of them will make it to fruition and a thousand years from now that philosophy will still hold true because that's just life most of us settle for mediocre and that's just how it is. most of us feel comfortable doing things that's unimportant and i also fell into this trap daily but sometimes you got to make a fist and said no not this time around i got to do this, because it's going to be hard but as they usually say the hotter the battle the sweeter the victory, so just keep on working towards your dream and never give up and remember start now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EdKirby

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jun 29, 2015
United States
Agreed. There's a Chinese proverb that says "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is Now". So stop putting it off.

Now, that being said, I've read a book recently ( I think it was Choose Yourself, by James Altrucher) and he makes a point of discussing what procrastination could mean. He maintains, and I'm inclined to agree, that there could be reasons that you are procrastinating other than the old basic assumptions. It may mean that you don't feel that you have all the information you need to get started, make a decision, take that first step. It could be due to your subconscious trying to tell you something about the deal you're about to make or what have you.

So, while it's important to not procrastinate due to fear or perfection (my father's curse) you should be introspective enough to ask why you are being hesitant and procrastinating. Trust your gut.

Jesse Dallenbach

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jul 3, 2015
Northern California, U.S.A.
Nice Post Obrian.

I am 36 years old and am finally realizing that procrastination is killer. You just have to get up, move your a$$ and do what you got to do. Even if you don't feel like it, you're tired, even it its not your best effort has long has your sincere and doing whatever it is you have to do JUST DO IT!! Man that sounds like a great slogan....

May I ask what endeavors you have achieved/attempting to achieve since you adopted this new mind set?

Thanks!

- Jesse

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
Agreed. There's a Chinese proverb that says "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is Now". So stop putting it off.

Now, that being said, I've read a book recently ( I think it was Choose Yourself, by James Altrucher) and he makes a point of discussing what procrastination could mean. He maintains, and I'm inclined to agree, that there could be reasons that you are procrastinating other than the old basic assumptions. It may mean that you don't feel that you have all the information you need to get started, make a decision, take that first step. It could be due to your subconscious trying to tell you something about the deal you're about to make or what have you.

So, while it's important to not procrastinate due to fear or perfection (my father's curse) you should be introspective enough to ask why you are being hesitant and procrastinating. Trust your gut.
that's true man but i am not gonna lie sometimes it's hard to keep going you got to just push yourself to not procrastinate because it is natural for us to do things that's easy.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
Nice Post Obrian.

I am 36 years old and am finally realizing that procrastination is killer. You just have to get up, move your a$$ and do what you got to do. Even if you don't feel like it, you're tired, even it its not your best effort has long has your sincere and doing whatever it is you have to do JUST DO IT!! Man that sounds like a great slogan....

May I ask what endeavors you have achieved/attempting to achieve since you adopted this new mind set?

Thanks!

- Jesse
good question, right now i am just working on affiliate marketing. I have learned alot since starting out as an affiliate marketer i have lost over 15,000 in about 3 months but the good news is i have learned alot and one my lessons are is that you got to create something of value. when i first started out in affiliate marketing, i was focusing on myself and my own selfish desires, i wanted to make alot of money and don't give a damn about my customers, i should've focused on the customers and provide something they needed and created enough value so in return they could pay me and we both would've won. i was buying alot of ppc ads and just drag customers to a product page on clickbank instead i should've created a blog with wordpress and give them valuable information and free pdfs and stuff like that. i am also a programmer so i am working on some projects and i am working on forex trading so i can gain investing experience for the future so instead of working hard for money i would make money work hard for me , you know i would put in a 1,000 and get back 2,000 so that's basically it now.

EdKirby

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jun 29, 2015
United States
that's true man but i am not gonna lie sometimes it's hard to keep going you got to just push yourself to not procrastinate because it is natural for us to do things that's easy.

Oh for sure! Rather than take action, I'll overthink things and put them off. Or worst case, talk myself out of it. I've got my demons and this is one of the worst. That, and embarrassment by failing miserably and publicly.

I'm quickly getting over that crap though. Thanks in large part to MJ, his book and this forum. I'm putting it out there, F it. I'm going to be 48 this year, (I know I know, I don't look a day over 50, thanks. LOL) so I need to really get going or I'm going to run out of time and energy. I've also gotten kicked in the nuts by some clients this year who still owe me money. I need to get control. I don't have control when a billion dollar company and a several hundred million dollar company decide to stall your payments.

So your post is timely and on point. For me, it's time to put up or shut up. Or my other favorite saying "It's time to shit or get off the pot"

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
Oh for sure! Rather than take action, I'll overthink things and put them off. Or worst case, talk myself out of it. I've got my demons and this is one of the worst. That, and embarrassment by failing miserably and publicly.

I'm quickly getting over that crap though. Thanks in large part to MJ, his book and this forum. I'm putting it out there, F it. I'm going to be 48 this year, (I know I know, I don't look a day over 50, thanks. LOL) so I need to really get going or I'm going to run out of time and energy. I've also gotten kicked in the nuts by some clients this year who still owe me money. I need to get control. I don't have control when a billion dollar company and a several hundred million dollar company decide to stall your payments.

So your post is timely and on point. For me, it's time to put up or shut up. Or my other favorite saying "It's time to shit or get off the pot"
lol for real man everything you said is sooo true!!!!!!!!!!!.

EdKirby

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jun 29, 2015
United States
I should probably clarify that it's in my main (Slowlane) business. I'm an IT consultant. So it's not Google or Paypal or anything like that.

One short, seemingly innocuous sentence in a contract bit me on the a$$.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
I should probably clarify that it's in my main (Slowlane) business. I'm an IT consultant. So it's not Google or Paypal or anything like that.

One short, seemingly innocuous sentence in a contract bit me on the a$$.
lol you look like you got your stuff together which is a good thing.i got my own flaws as well which i am tiredlessly working hard to improve on i believe in the kaizen formula, you know continuous development. i feel like sometimes i am not in competition with anyone, you know i am just competing against myself i always try to be better than i was yesterday, even if it's a minor 0.00001% as long i am improving it's all going to add up at some point to make a major difference.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Don't procrastinate on getting rid of this. I suppose I laugh at this because I've witnessed people being called out on this phrase in the business world. And I know just from saying "Yay!" and being lazy answering an email to a business professional once I got a huge lecture from my professor. I know we like to slack sometimes watching our grammar and vocab and I do it too. Man...just is one that always makes me laugh because the situation I witnessed, it does make you sound less professional. More like a hippy beach bum in sandals or gangster, maybe a pot head on the street.

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California

Thanks for the proverb, I like it!

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
All of us have something we really want to do in life, something meaningful, something we really would wake up early and stay up late for.

Nope, most people have just a brain fog, lots of hope (from religious teachings) and some dusty ideas they got from books or TV but very few know exactly, specifically, in detail what they want.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
Nope, most people have just a brain fog, lots of hope (from religious teachings) and some dusty ideas they got from books or TV but very few know exactly, specifically, in detail what they want.
lol good point i can't argue against that it's really true.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
Obrian, I underwent a counseling during college and was told

Be motivated always.
Create a work area for yourself free from distractions.
Break larger tasks into smaller goals.
List out all the tasks - ta - da list.
Identify the time of day when I have highest energy to do more important tasks.
Lessen the anxiety.
Reach out to people who is more familiar with the process.

Result: I still procrastinate :)
I could never learn the art of time management.

ClaytonAlbright

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 25, 2015
Cumming, GA
Result: I still procrastinate :)
I could never learn the art of time management.

Sounds like you have your mind made up that you never will, since you have your excuse.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
Sounds like you have your mind made up that you never will, since you have your excuse.

Buddy, I tend to really not get a hang of it. All methodologies, all counseling, all tips - tactics, all tools, all time management gurus speeches. NOthing worked on me. You have soething else carved out for the improvement?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.