The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Some Motivation If You're Still Living At Home With Your Parents

A post of a ranting nature...

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Don't give up. The fight is not over, you will be financially independent. Just think of everything you've done up to this point in your life, and hone that power. Your decisions, your choices have led you to where you are today, consider this a blessing, many would love to be where you are today. These are only obstacles.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
This is meant to motivate people to continue living with their parents?

Not sure where you're going with this thread...

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
I'll do you one better:

"If you're over 18 living at home with parents you are a lazy bum. There is no excuse as to why you can't get a part-time job, rent a room and take the control of your life in your own hands."

GreatestManEver

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 19, 2014
NYC
Almost 90% of the world lives with there extended families, people living with extended families normally do better in life, it was like this in the United States until the nation wide shaming campaign, by the businesses that sell you houses, shamed you and got people to shame you for living with your parents, I have told many college students and young people there 2 things.
1- people who shame young adults for living with your parents are losers, I'm busy in my life winning, I'm not going to take time out of it to put you down, look out for people who need to put people down to put them self up.
2 - Your focus should be on college, or work, or business or what ever it is that will take care of you for the rest of your life. A lot of young people leave there family house at 18, then struggle to pay rent, pay there bills, go to school, and go into massive debt, stay with your parents, and put that extra time and energy into college, or your business and not going into massive debt, because some one shamed you and called you a loser.

Last edited:

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Almost 90% of the world lives with there extended families, people living with extended families normally do better in life, it was like this in the United States until the nation wide shaming campaign, by the businesses that sell you houses, shamed you and got people to shame you for living with your parents, I have told many college students and young people there 2 things.
1- people who shame young adults for living with your parents are losers, I'm busy in my life winning, I'm not going to take time out of it to put you down, look out for people who need to put people down to put them self up.
2 - Your focus should be on college, or work, or business or what ever it is that will take care of you for the rest of your life. A lot of young people leave there family house at 18, then struggle to pay rent, pay there bills, go to school, and go into massive debt, stay with your parents, and put that extra time and energy into college, or your business and not going into massive debt, because some one shamed you and called you a loser.
Agreed, but what if it was your own father who called you a loser? Ha

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015

Nailed it. Pure social conditioning. The issue here is being dependent to your parents, not living with them. I think Mark Zuckerburgerface still lived with his parents until recently.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Been living with my mother 25 years now, wanna move out badly so i can get laid at home, but want to succeed in fastlane more.

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
Most Asians does well in the US because they are able to rely on their parents to build up the foundation for them before they are ready for the independence thing to kick in, too bad I see a lot native born Americans being thrown to the real world and not being ready on any front. Not exactly a smart move period.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.