Enjoy Freedom? Money?

Get Breaking Fastlane Updates.
  1. the entrepreneurs red pill

Talk To Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs ... for FREE!

Some people take advice from millionaires, others take advice from people who want to be millionaires. If you're tired of taking millionaire advice from your broke uncle, your paycheck-to-paycheck friend, or your 30K millionaire co-worker, register today and get the uncensored, and yes, the sometimes uncomfortable truth from real millionaires who live and die in the entrepreneurial trenches.
    register for the fastlane forum

Start Your Own Personal Revolution: Grab the Book that Started it All!

Get The Millionaire Fastlane ||| Download 3 FREE Chapters ||| Learn More
  2. On Saturday September 20th the forum is scheduled to be down for 1, perhaps 2 hours while the software is upgraded. During this time, the forum appearance may be altered with some functions, such as Rep Speed, non-functional. Just an FYI and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Some great self-publishing advice for the aspiring

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing / Writing and Authorship' started by MJ DeMarco, Jan 4, 2013.

1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Admin Staff Member FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $53,530
    I know a lot of folks here are dabbling in self-publishing.

Fastlaners who experience success may get the bug to write and share their knowledge.

Here are some great self-publishing advice over the years from JD Konrath.

A Newbie's Guide to Publishing: Konrath's Resolutions For Writers

I've found self-publishing to be an unexpected "Fastlane" as I have made more $$ with TMF than I could have ever imagined -- and I'm only marketing ONE TITLE. As far as I'm concerned, I've fallen "ass-backwards" into a publishing Fastlane, not on my intent, desire or will, but on market velocity.

14 people like this.
  2. secretentourage

secretentourage 120 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $569
    I self published 2 book and was published on 1 of them. I think self publishing is the way to go especially since publishers dont do much for you other than take their cut. I think there is somewhat more credibility to being published but any good self published title with enough buzz or enough PR behind it will do just as well and leave more $$$ in your own pocket. The real barrier is simply knowing how to deal with good and bad criticism of your book. Just like any business or product out there, each book published needs a plan and effort to sell well.
  3. Held for Ransom

Held for Ransom Butt In Chair Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $3,348
    All of this. 100% percent. I love Konrath.

I remember reading this earlier in the year. All of it distracts from money making - which for writers is writing. The funny thing is that most of the traditional advice for fiction writers is to get mired down in some (or all) of this nonsense. Here's a guy that makes a TON of money writing every year and he doesn't do any of it.

I had already made the transition but it was a great confirmation for me. The best marketing that you can do for your books is writing more books!
Certain Xenforo Add-Ons by Waindigo