The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Solving a problem within the Automotive industry

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Aston_M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 31, 2014
England
I've been writing down a list of problems I have found from working in a marketing position within a car dealership and ways to solve them and make tasks quicker and more efficient.

I've researched each of the problems over the last few months and have found solutions already on the market to some of the problems on my list.

I have found a tedious and dated process which from my research doesn't have a solution (Yet!). This process from my experience annoys the sales managers and the directors of the dealership.

I starting mapping out ways I could make the process so much easier and quicker for the sales executives whilst giving the customer a more interactive experience when searching for their next car purchase.

I have found what I think is the solution and have spent the last 2 hours working out how to get two bits of technology talking to each other and now have a working prototype. I don't have any coding experience and have spent under £15.00 building a fully functional prototype.

Next Steps:

1:
Show the prototype to some sales managers and get their feedback.
2: Implement the prototype into a showroom and test the customers response rate.
3: Find the best way to monetise this product/service:
(1: Sell online direct to the dealerships.)
(2: Show the concept to the market leader in the automotive industry for a fee of course.)
(3: Partner up with companies who already have the client base and let them do the selling.)

I'll keep you updated on my progress. The first update will be tomorrow, once I have shown it to a few people.

Any thoughts on the best way to monetise would be appreciated :)

Just for anyone who would like to know, I'm 20 years old and manage digital and offline marketing for two large car dealerships.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Aston_M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 31, 2014
England
Thanks Jon, good point, I'll rethink how I test this.

I might have to spend a bit more time building and setting up the backend system and give a free trial to a dealership with a low volume of stock (Less than 30 cars) to keep my costs down.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.