The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So I took pity on this guy and tried to help him.

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Well thats what I am finding out is I can share my ideas with others and 99% will never even try. All my friends and family know how I make money and never try. Just a different way of thinking I guess.

Could be thinking, in my experience it's almost always laziness of even trying and fear of unknown.

Go watch "Free loaders". Perfect example, they want someone to give them money not work to get it.

[video=youtube;4teq7aKTNJ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4teq7aKTNJ4[/video]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ashj1893

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 14, 2011
Sorry to hear you got burned like that, was this all because he felt insulted by you saying that you don't allow Wal-Mart products in your home?

RazvanRogoz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 18, 2011
Romania
I don't want to be mean ... but he didn't asked for your advice.

The best advice you can give to a fat guy? Go to gym and get slim.
The best advice you can give to someone with low self-esteem? Do something to improve it.
The best advice you can give to a girl in a damaging relationship? Find someone else.

In 99.9% of the cases, no one will follow your advice. So I stop giving them long time ago. I give advice to those who request it and those in my immediate circle (as in family) who actually needs it.

I can give you an idea for $100.000/year.

I can show you from where you can get the best education of your life (the book list from sivers.org)

I can summarize three years of my life in which I've tried to learn how to live effectively in a few sentences. Understand it and you'll have a wonderful life.

Does anyone want to hear for my advice? I doubt it.
Does anyone care? I doubt it.

Because the last time I've checked, people weren't the most rational beings.

As a marketer / copywriter, I know that people are highly ressistent to change. I know that if a guy things 1 + 1 = 3, then it's 3. You can be the best authority in mathematics in the world, for him it's still 3.

If a guy thinks the world is full of whores and he can't find a wife no matter how much he's looking, no matter the amount of proof and arguments you bring him, he will act accordingly to his belief.

And if he beliefs a certain set of facts about him and his situation, you can give him 100 ideas, that won't change a thing. Go to any book store / library and you'll find books containing the seeds to be happy, rich, sexy, smart, etc.

Razvan

PS: Some people can't understand why a Macbook is better than an normal PC.

Some people can't understand why a BlackBerry is better than a Android phone for business purposes and that a phone's quality is not measured in the quality of the camera.

And if you try to explain them why, you'll just lose your time. In the end, it's not my duty, it's not yours to change the world.

smmirza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Sep 26, 2011
Everyman has his own paradigm about life. As he gets older, his paradigm crystallizes and he fears new ideas and new ways of thinking. You can teach a man to fish only if he thinks fishing can be taught.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Everyman has his own paradigm about life. As he gets older, his paradigm crystallizes and he fears new ideas and new ways of thinking. You can teach a man to fish only if he thinks fishing can be taught.

Is that your paradigm?

Kuhzaam

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 15, 2011
I can show you from where you can get the best education of your life (the book list from sivers.org)

Wow... thank you sir. I was just sort of skimming this thread, and that link just happened to catch my eye. What a great resource for information! I have been spending the last couple of hours perusing his site and watching his videos. Thanks for sharing!

newbeginning

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 16, 2011
I would be eternally grateful

Just to get in on this before the ebook / seminar blows up, I would be eternally grateful for ANY specific advice on setting up an additional modest cashflow :). Heck, I'd even give the advice-giver a sizable cut on our first venture together just for giving me advice. So it's not all thankless hobos in the world :). But I'm serious though, I know I'm new to this forum, but I'm ready to get going on the fastlane (just considering the best options for first venture now; will probably make separate thread soon).

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
Razvan

PS: Some people can't understand why a Macbook is better than an normal PC.

Some people can't understand why a BlackBerry is better than a Android phone for business purposes and that a phone's quality is not measured in the quality of the camera.

And if you try to explain them why, you'll just lose your time. In the end, it's not my duty, it's not yours to change the world.

I have learned this lesson a lot in sales. I used to try and educate the customer on what the best deal is but at the end of the day you have to sell them what they want instead of what you think they should buy.

RazvanRogoz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 18, 2011
Romania
Let me introduce you the best example ever.

I sell a service. It's related to writing ads. I'm in the higher tier, premium fees.

There was this guy interested. He was ready to pay me. I've told him that I'm not going to take his money until we take a look at his product and actually see if it's marketable.

In other words, I'm not taking my chances with something that can't be sold. I was doing him a favor, actually watching out for him.

You know what he told me?

I don't care if it's marketable or not. I pay you, you sell it or I'll find someone else.

And in that moment, my theory that idiots are in every walk of life, from homeless people to the elite was confirmed, once again.

paradigm

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 31, 2011
East Coast, United States
Wow, that is all I can say. Well, and that I find it difficult to understand how ANYONE can laugh/mock/etc in the face of any who offer help... and ask nothing. I am seriously facepalming here. Heck, I have been looking for good advice for a while now, and reading this frustrates me just as much as it does to not find the assistance.

jessica_david

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Mar 15, 2012
Feeling bad after reading your post dear. but you should be proud of yourself as you helped him and whatever he did with you shows that he was mentally sick that was why he lost his car, house and was unable to feed his family..
Best of luck for the future.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.