Enjoy Freedom? Money?

Get Breaking Fastlane Updates.
  1. the entrepreneurs red pill

Talk To Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs ... for FREE!

Some people take advice from millionaires, others take advice from people who want to be millionaires. If you're tired of taking millionaire advice from your broke uncle, your paycheck-to-paycheck friend, or your 30K millionaire co-worker, register today and get the uncensored, and yes, the sometimes uncomfortable truth from real millionaires who live and die in the entrepreneurial trenches.
    register for the fastlane forum

Start Your Own Personal Revolution: Grab the Book that Started it All!

Get The Millionaire Fastlane ||| Download 3 FREE Chapters ||| Learn More
  2. On Saturday September 20th the forum was updated. Some functions may be offline or temporarily buggy.

So I took pity on this guy and tried to help him.

Discussion in 'People & Relationships' started by NHS, Jan 31, 2011.

1. NHS

NHS 20 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $43
    On another forum I go to they were talking about walmart and the topic turned to why would you buy that stuff.

I said I don't allow that kind of stuff in my home.

So the guy replies back, well we are not all in the top 1%, I'm losing my house, I'm losing my car, I cannot afford to feed my family.

So yeah he tried to insult me but I took pity on the guy and gave him not just advice. I laid down step by step one of my ideas that I currently do on a weekly basis and cost me less then $100 to do and brings in close to 2k a month. I mean I put it down word for word. "Here is how you can help your family and get yourself out of the hole. It's not alot of money but 300-600 a week sure will help alot."

I mean literally laid it out down, how to buy, were, when, where to sell, links to everything. To me it was like passing on one of my great ideas to someone I thought could really use it.

So what does this self pity piece of shit do? Fucking laughs at me! I seriously could not believe it. How brain damaged do you have to be. I gave this guy IMO a $25k a year idea for free, laid out and he laughs at it.

Needless to say I deleted the entire post and told him good luck. He just lost 25k a year and to remember that when he is out on the street.

1 person likes this.
  2. Flatlander

Flatlander 20 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $26
    You can lead a horse to water...

3. ZCP

ZCP 140 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $1,668
    Humorously, if you had put it on a website and charged him money for it, he would defend your name and be your disciple until the day he died. Then he would have tried to sell his friends on it.........hmmmmmm

Back on topic, the last to take a handout are often the neediest.

4. Bozigian

Bozigian 25 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $38
    I guess it is pyscology what ZCP said. you can give the information for free and people will not pay attention to it. Or you can give the information for a set price and people will use the method that you sold to them.

Thats why people like us succeed. And others, who onced laugh at an oppurtunity to regain their lives back, now suffer debt and financial issues.

5. maximus20895

maximus20895 40 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $58
    This is also one reason he is in the position he is in. His mindset is faulty which leads to not taking your advice seriously. Even if he did, I doubt that he would take action and follow through the the plan you laid out.

6. Rickson9

Rickson9 210 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $2,068
    In sales one learns to recognize when an individual is ready to be sold. To proceed with the selling process without first achieving these milestones has always turned out poorly for me.

Selling from a position of pity has never worked well for me either.

Best regards.

7. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Admin Staff Member FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $54,045
    What a perfect set of circumstances to be laughing and not taking advice. Obviously what he is doing works fabulously ... the guy is a genius.

8. 1mancrew

1mancrew 15 kph

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $20
    Hold your head high as you did the right thing, not your fault he is not ready.

9. NHS

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $43
    Well thats what I am finding out is I can share my ideas with others and 99% will never even try. All my friends and family know how I make money and never try. Just a different way of thinking I guess.

topherea likes this.
  10. maximus20895

maximus20895 40 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $58
    Totally different. Entrepreneurship is not just about having a plan and taking action. It really starts with your mind.

11. FDJustin

FDJustin 25 kph

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $47
    Sounds to me like he was in a fighting mood. You could have said anything and not have gotten a good response. There's no point in dealing with people in that mindset, because they will take anything as an insult and deliberately act in a way to spit in your face. I'll bet if you offered him a cheque for a grand, he would have spat at that, too.

Good job on reaching out though. I hope it doesn't make you jaded, just maybe shows that the only people worth your efforts are those who gladly receive them.

12. JayKim

JayKim 90 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $59
    Waste of a legendary thread. I know some of the fastlaners could have used it. I know I could.

topherea likes this.
  13. FDJustin

FDJustin 25 kph

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $47
    Oh, but it does reiterate one very important point. You don't have to covet your ideas quite as closely as you think. Most people won't bother executing them. (Though I'm not sure if giving a perfect step by step really counts as simply sharing an idea, as it's giving the whole process..)

14. Neon

Neon 20 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $38
    Pride goeth before the fall.

15. John Rogers

John Rogers 20 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $26
    I can't begin to tell you how many people I have tried to help. Our company has even done a couple of fundraisers for people who needed immediate assistance. I can't think of more than one or two who used the help to get them any further along. They took care of their immediate need, but didn't change any of the behaviors that put them in the situation, and ended up right back where they started.

I vaguely remember an old Tony Robbins analogy about a thermostat. The temperature setting on the thermostat represents a persons comfort zone. While the temperature may fluctuate or even spike, it always goes back to the comfort zone temperature.

16. andviv

andviv 210 kph Staff Member FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $1,315
    I agree with the other posters.... although I take a different approach.

Write up your idea as a PDF (e-book), put up a page, and start selling it for $7, getting your payments through paypal. Those that pay $7 are willing to look at it and give it a try. Those that don't won't make you waste your time.

If somebody ever contacts you and asks you for a break in the price cause they are broke then you can decide if you want to send it to them for free.

17. NoMoneyDown

NoMoneyDown 40 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $46
    I've tried to give free real estate advice to many people, and almost without fail, they would do the same thing (i.e., laugh and/or come up with 100 reasons why it wouldn't work). Unless I know for sure the person will take the free advice, I don't even bother any more.

As others have said so eloquently, box the advice up and sell it.

18. cjrocks

cjrocks 5 kph

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $9
    Can you please post a link to the post?

19. phade

phade 5 kph

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $10

You never know: while the person in question may have ignored your advise, you may have inadvertently helped someone else reading your post implement your methods to get themselves out of a hole. :jackson:

As a few others have mentioned, I too would love to see a re-post of your idea(s,) publicly or via PM if you're so inclined.

20. ZCP

ZCP 140 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $1,668
    I'll push you one step further.....I'll pay you $7 for your idea in a readable pdf or similar form. (your first paying customer)

In return, you let me know one year from today what this post was worth.

21. NHS

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $43

Well I deleted the post but someone did read it and contacted me the next day and told his wife what I said and she was very excited over it. So that was good.

In return he shared some info with me that was pretty handy.

Anyways I got about 10 emails on this site about what I told the guy. I don't feel comfortable sharing it here and IMO not really a fast lane idea. It was more if a get yourself out of the hole idea anyways.

By the way I came across this guys youtube page. Redneck Picker. I watched just about all his videos at work today. Nothing he talks about is FastLane stuff but this guy finds a way to make money with everything. In these troubled economic times I think everyone should be watching his videos. Not to mention I found it really motivating.

22. phade

phade 5 kph

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $10
    That's great! :eusa_clap:

Cool. I have some friends who do this. While it doesn't bring in massive amounts of income, and sometimes leaves them temporarily cash strapped with lots of product on hand, eventually they average around a 30%-50% profit. In their case, it helps that another family member runs a 2nd hand retail store which they can pump product into for a quick sell.

23. Blu

Blu 20 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $49
    Some people are beyond help. I remember a quote somewhere saying that at least 100 people in the world have had the same idea you have, 90 of them are too lazy, 8 too incompetent. That just leaves you and your competitor :)

Out of interest, what other forum was it?

24. ClintonSkakun

ClintonSkakun 20 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $46
    Right! Lots of people are capable of planning and action, but not everyone raises their standards high enough and that's where the mindset problem comes in. If you don't really believe, you won't try.

25. Kinsey6287

Kinsey6287 Blazin Fast! FASTLANE INSIDER

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $99

Blu, I'm gonna steal this if you don't mind. Sounds like a good email signature. lol

Sorry for getting off track.

Back on track,.... So this idea..... :ears: lol

I have been waiting for FOREVER to use that smilie. lol

Certain Xenforo Add-Ons by Waindigo