The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So I moved in to my a dream home this week.

Anything related to matters of the mind

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I still don't know what I am doing business-wise, but I do know where I will be living. In my dream home. It's a 6.5ft x 14ft travel trailer. It has everything I need for living, and it can go anywhere. It's made of fiberglass, like a boat hull, and will last forever. No leaks. No rot. No rust. Ever. It weighs 2600lbs and can be pulled by anything with a class 3 hitch, which my car has. It has AC, furnace, water-heater, fridge, microwave, 2-burner stove, queen-size bed, computer-desk, toilet, shower, coat-closet, and multiple cabinets. If I don't like my neighbors, I can move. To anywhere.

Some of my coworkers would have a good laugh if they knew I was living at campgrounds, not even at a trailer-park. My legal address is legal, but just barely. If they knew my campground fees were only a few hundred a month they would probably call the cops and report me for "cheating". It's not my fault they bought their houses in 2007. I bought mine for $18k in 2015. They pay that every 2 years in property tax.

My next step is to get an online income. Somehow. I'm rereading TMF , trying not skip over sections I think I know about. I'm a lot more cognizant of the idea to "make a system that makes you money" (by providing something of value). I know about so many things, and want to know about so many more, it is easy for me to get lost in a world of ideas. I still don't know what I can provide to people online. I will figure out something. I do know, that whatever I do, will be done from my new home. So that is one less thing I have to figure out.

lib-ind-home.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

blackhat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Mar 24, 2015
it is easy for me to get lost in a world of ideas. I still don't know what I can provide to people online.
Are you saying you have an abundance of ideas? And also that none of them can provide value?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Are you saying you have an abundance of ideas? And also that none of them can provide value?

I have an abundance of interests and ideas. My interests turn in to ideas, but I usually get a new interest before I have developed the original idea. For example, I have an interest in making trading systems for Forex, but I've never been able to make one that I considered good enough to trade real money with. Today I had an idea that I could join a site like Collective2, where people sell trading signals, and I could make a system that was simply better than the other ones. If people spend money on systems that don't work, and mine is better than the other ones, then they would probably spend money on mine. Until it blew up. Which all of them on C2 eventually do. But you can make a lot of money selling signals if it doesn't blow up for a year or two. Tomorrow's interest will probably be dramatic narratives, and the idea will be to write a program to generate erotica ebooks. So people can pay me 99 cents to read "she begat coddling his stink-hammer". Saturday I will probably be interested in poetry, and have the idea to write a 5/7/5 haiku starting with "His guilt affirmed by / Her broken biology". Sunday I will probably go to work because none of my ideas have panned out.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Cool idea with the the trailer home if that is your dream home. Get focused with your ideas and stick to something specific until you start seeing some results. I like your mindset and I look forward to seeing what you make of your situation.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
I read a short book on living in campers/vans a while back.

While I don't think it's the lifestyle for me, I find people who do it fascinating. There's something to be said about the freedom to take your whole life anywhere you want to go, at any time. I prefer being a bit more grounded, but these types of stories are always interesting to read.

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
@loop101 interesting! It will be fun taking your life wherever u want.

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
If you're single I think it's a great idea. Most people waste a lot of capital on putting a roof over their heads. Save that for when you need it, like when you get married! I never did the camper bit but did a lot of couch surfing in my single days. It wasn't because I couldn't afford a home, it was because I didn't want to waste the money. I was rather proud to be known among my friends as "the only guy we know with no fixed address that rides around in the back of a private jet!" Go for it....

Cheers,
O-2

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.