The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SMS Marketing?

Marketing, social media, advertising

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
What do you guys think of SMS marketing? Studies show that there is a 98% open rate along with a 20% click rate when it comes to SMS marketing.

Does it work in a way that you can simply mass text thousands of people with good copy and a link? Of course, you have to get these numbers. Perhaps finding/creating a mobile phone list of a certain demographic and using a software to mass-text all the numbers at once?

Would love to hear your opinions on this and any experience in this unique form of contacting new prospects/existing customers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Scott Robertson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 10, 2018
San Diego, California
What do you guys think of SMS marketing? Studies show that there is a 98% open rate along with a 20% click rate when it comes to SMS marketing.

Does it work in a way that you can simply mass text thousands of people with good copy and a link? Of course, you have to get these numbers. Perhaps finding/creating a mobile phone list of a certain demographic and using a software to mass-text all the numbers at once?

Would love to hear your opinions on this and any experience in this unique form of contacting new prospects/existing customers.

Simply put, have you ever not read a text message that was sent to your phone? As you said, the open rate is over 98%. Personally, I've found SMS marketing to work well for some industries but not so well for others. I've used several platforms including Twilio and cell-phone-list.net products and targeted local location based SMS marketing has been the most effective. I won't go into too many details, but marketing a local brick and mortar shop via SMS with a promotional coupon has yielded the best results.

I wouldn't advise sending out 1000's of links due to spam concerns. Maybe send out a message asking people if they are interested in a promotion regarding your product/service, and if they are then send them the link. Also, I've used demographic lists to target everyone with the same first name (although this was done via recorded call sent via ring-less voice mail message, not SMS), and that was successful to some extent. If you are interested in that, the products I used were:

Demographic Lists: cell-phone-list.net/cell-phone-number-list-demographics.html
Ring-less Voice Mail: stratics.com and cell-phone-list.net/ringless-voicemail-drop-platform.html

Overall, YMMV depending on what type of service/industry/product you are marketing, and to what degree (local/national).

Hopefully this info helps in some way.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.