The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sleep is for the dead...

Anything related to matters of the mind

firewaterx

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 3, 2013
I just found this video while sitting on my a$$, browsing YouTube. I have watched plenty of "Motivational" videos, and have said to myself each time that I am going to change my life. I think the message in this one has finally pushed me over the edge.

I'm not currently on the Sidewalk. I am on one of those moving sidewalks, that they have at the airport - going backwards! It is time for me to get to work.

Does this video belong to somebody here in the forums? The message is the same as numerous posts I have read here, but seems to have actually gotten through to me this time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
I just found this video while sitting on my a$$, browsing YouTube. I have watched plenty of "Motivational" videos, and have said to myself each time that I am going to change my life. I think the message in this one has finally pushed me over the edge.

I'm not currently on the Sidewalk. I am on one of those moving sidewalks, that they have at the airport - going backwards! It is time for me to get to work.

Does this video belong to somebody here in the forums? The message is the same as numerous posts I have read here, but seems to have actually gotten through to me this time.

Since it was shown in the video, I decided to take a look at the wakeupnow site. First google search result brings up this: http://multiplestreams.org/wake-up-now/ and MLM. I have no affiliation with them whatsoever. Guess they died. Remove link if needed.

firewaterx

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 3, 2013
Interesting. I didn't even think to look it up. Looks very scam-like, but the video was still motivational at least!

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014

Pretty sure thats Tyrese bro.

Pretty sure he isn't a member of the fastlane forum..

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
1. Sleep is not for the dead. How can you function and be productive with no sleep? I'm good with 6 hours which leaves me with 18 per day to work
2. wakeupnow is an MLM scamming company...the sharks on the forum don't take kindly to anyone affiliated which such organizations...I hope you're not part of it. Stop following these goofs.
3. That was the worst video I have ever witnessed, horrible video, audio, choppy and they stole bits and pieces from Tyrese Gibsons fb videos (which they also did a horrible job at)
4. I follow Tyrese and if you watch his original clips, he does talk real world shit and it's very motivational for the most part.

firewaterx

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 3, 2013
1. Sleep is not for the dead. How can you function and be productive with no sleep? I'm good with 6 hours which leaves me with 18 per day to work
2. wakeupnow is an MLM scamming company...the sharks on the forum don't take kindly to anyone affiliated which such organizations...I hope you're not part of it. Stop following these goofs.
3. That was the worst video I have ever witnessed, horrible video, audio, choppy and they stole bits and pieces from Tyrese Gibsons fb videos (which they also did a horrible job at)
4. I follow Tyrese and if you watch his original clips, he does talk real world shit and it's very motivational for the most part.

Definitely right...I just browsed through some of his older videos and found this:
One of the clips was definitely taken from this video. Forget the video I linked to...I'm just going to watch Tyrese's channel when I need some motivation!

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Definitely right...I just browsed through some of his older videos and found this:
One of the clips was definitely taken from this video. Forget the video I linked to...I'm just going to watch Tyrese's channel when I need some motivation!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, motivation videos and things like it, won't provide motivation at all.

They won't change anything, at all.

It's an event, not the process.

These videos give you motivation for about.. 10 minutes. Then it goes away.

Making them an absolutely waste of time. You need to find other things that give you lasting motivation.

firewaterx

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 3, 2013
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, motivation videos and things like it, won't provide motivation at all.

They won't change anything, at all.

It's an event, not the process.

These videos give you motivation for about.. 10 minutes. Then it goes away.

Making them an absolutely waste of time. You need to find other things that give you lasting motivation.
I have lurked here for quite a while, and know these kind of questions always open up a whole can of worms, but here we go...
"You need to find other things that give you lasting motivation." - Such as?

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
@The Grind does make a good point. Spend your time wisely, creating something, gaining experience hands on and learning by doing. A 2-3 minute motivation video doesn't hurt anyone, but don't spend your time on a nightly basis watching these videos or your just mentally masturbating, as mj would call it.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
I have lurked here for quite a while, and know these kind of questions always open up a whole can of worms, but here we go...
Have you read the book?

firewaterx

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 3, 2013
@The Grind does make a good point. Spend your time wisely, creating something, gaining experience hands on and learning by doing. A 2-3 minute motivation video doesn't hurt anyone, but don't spend your time on a nightly basis watching these videos or your just mentally masturbating, as mj would call it.
That makes complete sense. I only figured Tyrese's videos looked like they would be good for a quick pick-me-up.

firewaterx

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 3, 2013
Have you read the book?
I have actually, but it has been a good 2-3 years. I am definitely overdue for a re-reading. Obviously I didn't take enough away from it the first time around. I joined the forum, and just kind of watched everyone else talk about their success.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania

The feeling I had when my side hustle income surpassed my job income and I no longer needed to rely on a boss.

That's one of mine anyway. You need to find what motivates you.

---

Also, I too hate the "I'll sleep when I die" thread title. I shoot for at least 6 hours a night, though 7-8 is optimal. Who cares how many hours you work--it's about how productive you are in the hours you are awake. For me, being healthy and energetic makes me work more effectively. Sleep is 1/3 of that puzzle (diet + exercise being the other 2/3.)

James Altucher sleeps 8-10 hours a day while running a popular blog, podcast, and authoring multiple books.

Last edited:

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Had to click and comment on this, it's one of those "paradigm" problems I think people need to solve on their own.

I personally need and love my sleep, doesn't mean I won't go until 3-4am though, all it means to me is that if I do, I'll be asleep at 3PM the next day catching up. I'm not one of those "no need to sleep 'til I'm dead" types, and there is a lot of evidence against it, but also plenty for the lack of sleep subset too.

Hal Elrod's book seems to be suggested a lot here, maybe that'll be worth looking into. I'm still learning, and that is all we can do to find our own personal way.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

Hmm I wonder if that drink in the video has anything to do with this ad....I doubt Tyrese even knows they're using his words to make some dumb video.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY

The Why? list is a good one, but honestly, I've found a good mix of planning and process to be the most effective tool. I find motivation is like the starter engine, it gets the engine going, and then the mechanics of the engine take over. Motivation gets you to plan out what you want, process helps you execute it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.