The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I stay on Amazon?

Davor

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
May 12, 2014
Hello everyone,

I recently started selling on Amazon my own branded product ( spent around 1k for product and shipping to Amazon) and got few sales so far.

I didnt really care about competiton on Amazon as I just wanted to start my first "business" and get some experience on how things work (from finding the supplier to making my first sale). I am in a beauty niche and number one seller already has 3k reviews on his own product( for a product in same category) and I would like
to know your opinion or advice if it is worth investing my time and money with this product on Amazon ? By that I mean giving away product so I rank better and get more reviews, using amazon ads more aggressivly etc. or am I better of with creating website and focusing totally on social media, seo and adwords.
Looking forward to hear your opinion guys and thank you.

Note: I cannot do both of these strategies atm as I dont have that much money and I guess first option is cheaper.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Since you're just starting, I would stick to amazon. They already have millions of potential customers for your product. You can't get that type of traffic from social media or SEO starting off. Build your presence there, as sales start to pick up, start to expand. Get a website, social media, etc. etc.

Tyler Ellison

Digital Advertising Ninja
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 18, 2015
Brazil
@Davor if you're already setup on Amazon and getting sales, it'll be easier to optimize what you've already got than to give up and start anew.

I recommend you look up videos from Amazing Selling Machine, I recommend watching the videos by Ryan Moran who teaches a lot about selling on Amazon and has sold entire businesses built on Amazon sales. I'd recommend focus, patience, and perseverance even though there will be some failure. Learn from it and improve, it's worthwhile.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.