The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Shifting Gears...Toronto Newbie

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Hey everyone,

I'm an older guy compared to most of the young whipper-snappers I see on here (I'm 40). I've been working in a J O B for the past 4 years after going through a divorce. Prior to that I had a slow lane business providing engineering consulting and project management in a niche industry. I've been reading a LOT of different business books over the past year+ (audiobooks consumed during my insane daily commute).

I've been looking to get back into self employment but have been struggling to find 'a good opportunity'. I don't want to go back into the slow lane I had which was tied to my work effort. I'm itching for something more fulfilling and to have more freedom with my schedule. I stumbled upon the Fastlane Forums recently; even before I read the book. I plowed through the book and now I'm even more eager to pull the trigger and get going. My new wife and I have a couple income properties that provide some extra cash flow but are mainly investments for long term wealth building strategies.

I'm realistic about this process and not looking to become an overnight millionaire. In fact, money isn't my motivation at all. I'm a driven individual who thrives on new challenges and I'm really encouraged by a lot of the people here in the forums. Now I just need to rework my mindset to see the opportunities in the everyday environment and get the ideas flowing!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Welcome aboard fellow torontonian. You'll love it here. Make sure to read the gold threads that pertain to you. They contain loads of nuggets.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I hosted a Toronto meetup last year. Probably coming up with another one very soon. It might be helpful.

Welcome to the forum

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...