The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Selling American items in foreign markets

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
Has anyone ever done this? I plan on selling American grown food in an eccomerce store available to china. Any tips/comments/suggestions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

adoredunchin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 18, 2013
If you ask me it only makes sense when your product are connected with your country.
For example: swiss watches, italian wool or something like that.

I simply can't think of any product people in china will by from the US and not from the cheaper china version if its provides not a better quality. And most of the time quality is represented by the origin of the product or the brand. If you don't have a brand you have to use your country.

So I hope for you that you actually have a product people connect with the US and think because of the origin it has a better quality :)

Just my 2 cents

edit: what do you plan to sell ?

found this link. i hope its one of these ^^
China%20gold%20demand_0.JPG

Last edited:

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
The food in China is very unregulated and can cause many problems. I have heard that most Chinese people wouldnt mind paying a higher price to get American food. Someone told me that American Milk sells for $16 over there.

Strive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I've actually seen that Chinese are willing to spend xx% more for American made goods. Forget exactly where I saw this but it's definitely something to look into.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.