The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Self publishing: financial literacy

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
So, what are your qualifications to write about this topic?

sQri

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 27, 2014
So, what are your qualifications to write about this topic?

Well I don't have a degree in finance or so, but I have a read a lot of books and the knowledge in my mind.

bradipaus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 25, 2015
I'm quite new on the forum ... question for the fastlane INSIDERS regarding writing a book on how to make money without having practice what you are writing. in other words, if I want to write a book on 'how to make money' (doesn't matter if I write about slowlane or fastlane) but I've not done a dime yet
and if in the "About the author" section I write which is my actual situation (not rich at all), I guess the book will be self-referenced and lose trust.
what do you think of it?

Mass

It's about time
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Would you trust Bill at the Bar to fix your broken ankle? No? Why?

Is it because he doesn't have any qualifications? Or any experience? What do you mean he hasn't put a ankle in plaster before? Or he's never worked at a hospital? That's fine, I trust him any way. Not likely to be your thought process is it?

I wouldn't take work out tips of a 5 foot 1 Skinny Bloke but sure as hell I'll take them off Dwyane Johnson.

In short. You can't tell some one how to build a house until you can build a house. I can't tell anyone how to become financially free because I'm not. Hell I can't even tell people how to sell even though I'm the top salesman at my company. Do you know why I can't tell them how to sell? Because I have no credibility, I may be the best at my company but I'm not the best in th UK and I'm not the best salesman I know of.

Once you've made your millions then tell people how to make them. Otherwise you could be responsible for a whole lot of hurt for people, do you want that on your shoulders?

bradipaus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 25, 2015

Is it because he doesn't have any qualifications? Or any experience? What do you mean he hasn't put a ankle in plaster before? Or he's never worked at a hospital? That's fine, I trust him any way. Not likely to be your thought process is it?

I wouldn't take work out tips of a 5 foot 1 Skinny Bloke but sure as hell I'll take them off Dwyane Johnson.

In short. You can't tell some one how to build a house until you can build a house. I can't tell anyone how to become financially free because I'm not. Hell I can't even tell people how to sell even though I'm the top salesman at my company. Do you know why I can't tell them how to sell? Because I have no credibility, I may be the best at my company but I'm not the best in th UK and I'm not the best salesman I know of.

Once you've made your millions then tell people how to make them. Otherwise you could be responsible for a whole lot of hurt for people, do you want that on your shoulders?

Mass, that was exactly what I meant ... it would be a self-referenced book without any value since its content comes not from real experience but from other readings.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.