The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeking the first sale/ many questions

Marketing, social media, advertising

CDM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jun 17, 2013
So, I put up a landing page to sell my product and have been advertising on Adwords. My ads seem to be getting a decent amount of clicks, but I haven't had a single conversion yet.

The big question right now is: what can I do to get my first sale?

There are similar products out there that sell very well, so I'm disinclined to think the problem is a lack of need. But I am open to the possibility that I'm just delusional and nobody wants my product.

Speaking with others, they think nobody is buying because of a lack of social proof. Right now I have only three testimonials on the landing page and am seeking more from family and friends. It has also been suggested that I contact bloggers who write about topics relating to my product, send them free copies of the product, and hope for positive reviews that I can add to my page. I think this is a great idea and will spend most of today implementing.

But while I'm doing that and waiting for responses, there are a few things I'd like to figure out.

1) Should I continue to run Adwords while I wait for reviews? So far I've only spent about $100 and have received 200 clicks. Not a lot of money, but if its getting zero results, I'm wondering if I should bother throwing more money at it or if it would be better to wait for reviews first.

2) What are some good resources for building a better landing page/web page? My programming skills are minimal. For the page I have, I purchased a template and customized it. It is also a single page, so I'm wondering how useful it would be to build a few more pages like an "about us" etc.?

3) What good (preferably free) A/B testing software can you recommend? I tried Google Experiments and found it was very slow when redirecting.

4) How useful is putting my product on Amazon? I was thinking that the family and friends I have that have used the product could post reviews. But they would be the same people who have put reviews on the webpage so far. Worth it?

5) What else can I be doing to try and get that first sale?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

zoomzoom

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Apr 22, 2013
You're getting clicks so there is a obvious desire for your solution. If your lander isn't converting, it may be that the solution laid out in your landing page is not the one that the person clicking on the ad expected... in other words the solution isn't relevant to the promise in your ad.

It may also be that you need to warm the prospect up by giving them some free advice first, then step them up to your paid solution. It's awful hard to sell some items in one step, kind of like asking a girl to marry you on the first date.

and Google Experiments is the only free test solution that I know of but you can get a free trial of 'visual website optimizer.' That would get you going until you make some sales.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Just a few pieces of advice from my limited experience in this field. I'm sure others can credit or discredit my advice.

1) pay for reviews on Fivver, Video reviews are always a plus!

1a) pay for traffic as well, it will up your Alexa rating

2) now or later, hire someone to build a better page for you

3) when doing so find a freelancer who does SEO and keyword research. There are a lot of businesses that do this, but most grossly overcharge. I have a website I can recommend but I'd rather do it via pm if you're interested.

Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.