The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeking a business partner

Topics relating to managing people and relationships
G

GuestUser116

So I've got a product presented on a sales page. (link) I made a few sales but not anywhere near what I want to make; I don't know anything about marketing. And I don't want my product to fail because of that.

The few people that purchased my product liked it. So I'm looking to partner up with someone who knows some things about marketing. We'll split profits 50/50.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I don't think it's going to fly 50/50.
It seems like what you're basically looking for is a super-affiliate who's used to making 70-90% comission on digital products.
Sales are worth their own salt and there are a buttload of opportunities out there for world class sales people other than yours.

PM me your product. (nvmnd I saw the link)

Last edited:

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
Just something I noticed right off the bat, you say "How I got Shredded in 90 Days with no Money and no Gym", but then there are numerous pictures from your videos with you at the gym leveraging some of the equipment. Just seems a bit contradictory to me.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
G

GuestUser116

I don't think it's going to fly 50/50.
It seems like what you're basically looking for is a super-affiliate who's used to making 70-90% comission on digital products.
Sales are worth their own salt and there are a buttload of opportunities out there for world class sales people other than yours.
I'm learning marketing in the process. I'm advertising too, so the buyers I pull also goes to that 50/50.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I didn't write the copy.
So?

You either did a poor job of writing compelling copy or you did a poor job of outsourcing that shiz. Either way the next steps are the same.
  1. Erase 90% of what you have
  2. keep the compelling bits
  3. ???
  4. Profit
I also said your pricepoint might have been a bit off... I said maybe lower it down to $9... I now retract that advice. I thought about it a bit more and in SOME cases that's a good move, and in other cases it's not. There are too many variables at play for me to stand behind that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
Didn't we see a few topics about this product before?

As suggested under one of the other topics: Scratch your site, (I would even say put your product offline until you got a new one)
and rebuild the site from scratch.
You also need to get some basic SEO in place for your website. Weightstenics, combination of weights and calisthenics. Even if I fill that combination in on google, or any other combination of keywords that a potential buyer would fill in. your site is not to be found on the first 20 pages.

If you would have put the same effort in those few basic steps instead of finding alternative ways (Ads, partnering etc) you would have been a lot further than you are now.

I would suggest cutting down your website for now, rebuilding it. with the steps that others have adviced you in another topic, and relaunching your product under a different name after you got the basics down.

At this moment a fair rate would be 90% for a partner and 10% for you. As you expect your partner to:
- Write a new website
- Write new content for your website
- Market your product
- apply SEO to your website

While you did/do:
- Write a book
- Market your website to a value of $1.00 per day.
- Placed 1 link on a website back to your website(The link is on this website, where therés a real low chance of finding customers)

http://nibbler.silktide.com/en_US/reports/weightstenics.com
has a nice report about your websites weak sites. Marketing: 1.9 out of 10.
Several other websites give your site an even lower score.

Now some steps that you can do that doesn't involve in giving away your money to a 3th party;
I see that you're using wordpress, which is good as it's really easy to build decend sites.
There are several free theme's out there that automaticly optimize for SEO. (Hybrid core, Genesis etc.)
There are several plug ins that help you even further with SEO. (Yoast SEO, All-in-One SEO etc.)
Get a caching plugin aswell to speed up your traffic.
Improve the safety of your buyers by installing Wordfence or another security plugin on your website (Your site scores below 20% on safety following another test)
I would suggest setting up a mailing list
Get everything "proofread" with a free online service (as I assume that you cannot afford a real proofreading service) Grammarly, Ginger are some nice programs, if you're looking for "Free online proofreading" in google you'll find a list of them. - Always double check- if using free services.
Then get someone with adequate english skills to proofread your website (and book just to be sure). could be a teacher you know, or someone that you're not close friends or relatives with.

Think about your formatting on your (new) website. several pictures are not optimal. For example, your "Before picture"
- it is bigger than your after pictures
- You have really bad posture in that picture
- You look like you're about to attack someone or that you're super bored.. People want to see emotions, smile for example!
- Your after pictures have their head cut off. this makes people doubt if it's you. put a full picture for the after picture and....smile!

Go over your entire site and product with this objective mindset.

It requires some work but it will pay off.
Your site is worth $1 a day at the moment, if you rebuild your site and get these basic things that I wrote up here you can already up your worth by several 1000's of %% without having to partner up with someone.

FLYmk

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jul 8, 2014
You're better off going through JVzoo, ClickBank, and others to find affiliates to sell for you if you don't want to hire someone. I could re-write your copy, create a better sales page, improve upon the lead generation process....but what's your budget for advertising? 50/50 on a sale every couple days would not be worth my time...and others will likely be in that same position.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.