The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Search the best available business apps

D

DeletedUser391

Hi, on Monday we've launched a beta version of MAQTOOB, a platform for entrepreneurs and freelancers, which helps you easily discover useful and affordable tools to grow your business. At the moment, you can browse over 530 business tools in 44 categories.

Because we're just starting out, we also need your help. There aren't many app reviews and ratings, yet. Please look around and if you come across a tool you're using, or used in the past, share your feedback and help others with their choice.

The main objective is to introduce products tech startups make to the wider non-tech entrepreneurial audience. I’d be happy to hear your feedback:)

Kristyna

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looks promising! And useful! Monetization strategy? (Bookmarked as well!)

Last edited:

DrJake

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 21, 2014
Shreveport, Lousiana
This seems really neat!
One thing that bothered me is that when I viewed the description on a specific site, the categories wouldn't show up.

That's just a small detail though. The site's looking good! Keep up the good work.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
There are plenty of similar sites out there, how is yours different:
GetApp
BestVendor
ETc..

D

DeletedUser391

Looks promising! And useful! Monetization strategy? (Bookmarked as well!)
Thank you!

As for monetization - to submit an app is for free (anybody can do it) but the free listing has its limitations (1 screenshot, description max 250 char.). The premium (paid) listing can feature up to 10 images, social media links, logo, about/features/pricing tabs (up to 1000 char.) and app creators can interact with ppl who submitted reviews. During the beta testing, we offer it for free, though. Apart from freemium - at a later stage advertising - (to be gradually developed into independent ad platform).

D

DeletedUser391

This seems really neat!
One thing that bothered me is that when I viewed the description on a specific site, the categories wouldn't show up.

That's just a small detail though. The site's looking good! Keep up the good work.
This bothers me also:) We are working on it.

D

DeletedUser391

There are plenty of similar sites out there, how is yours different:
GetApp
BestVendor
ETc..
Not so many, actually. GetApp is clearly targeting enterprises and it's not so user friendly. It's not a website your mom would use when she decides to start earning some money on the side.

We focused from the beginning on developing a super simple and easy-to-get interface. We tested it on people whose IT skills don't exceed posting on Facebook. I don't see websites you mentioned, or tools like Product Hunt (for startups), as strictly direct competition. I always felt that there's a huge neglected group of people who have never even heard about things like Wordpress, Dropbox etc. And for those, I am doing it in the first place.

And yes, everything has been here before - we can only make it better. I hope it's a bit clearer:)

themaxx

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 14, 2014
London, UK
As for monetization - to submit an app is for free (anybody can do it) but the free listing has its limitations (1 screenshot, description max 250 char.). The premium (paid) listing can feature up to 10 images, social media links, logo, about/features/pricing tabs (up to 1000 char.) and app creators can interact with ppl who submitted reviews. During the beta testing, we offer it for free, though. Apart from freemium - at a later stage advertising - (to be gradually developed into independent ad platform).
Why aren't you using affiliate links to link out to the website - eg shopify affiliate program

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.