The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sales Advice

Marketing, social media, advertising

Djchrist15

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 23, 2014
I've been in sales for about two almost three years. Of course I have a lot to learn still, but I want to hear from those people who have been doing sales their entire life. What is your most effective technique when it comes to sales? What is the right way to approach an objection?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Harley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 9, 2014
SPIN is a great book to read - they did studies with top sellers over many years.
For me - I have found there is no real magic formula and it is all about uncovering the true need through the right questions and wanting/being able to offer a solution. Nobody likes to be sold, but everyone likes to buy.

Djchrist15

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 23, 2014
I'll check out the book. I find it easier to sell when I develop rapport with the customer. It's so much easier when people are friendly lol.

Emanuel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 23, 2014
USA
Did you do a forum search? There's a lot of information on this topic. Not trying to sound mean :p

Just spend a couple of weeks reading some of the topics on here and you'll get answers to many of your questions.

Focus especially on the topics marked as GOLD. They're gold for a reason.

Last edited:

Djchrist15

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 23, 2014
Nah, it's cool lol. I didn't do a in depth search. More like a glance. I am going to see what I can find lol

Harley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 9, 2014
I'll check out the book. I find it easier to sell when I develop rapport with the customer. It's so much easier when people are friendly lol.
IDK. Some of my best successes have been with the grouches in the buying community. The ones most sales guys stay away from as they will rip you another A hole in 2 sec flat if you don't know your stuff. However, persevere and push where others won't and you will often find these guys to be just as friendly, they are often the busiest and have the most power to say yes. it's just that they don't suffer fools lightly. Read the book and practice practice practice. Even the most accomplished sales guys, suffer rejections daily. It is a life long craft.

Djchrist15

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 23, 2014
Oh, yeah. I completely agree. I learn new stuff everyday. I used to be a telemarketer, so some people can get really grouchy lol. I appreciate the advice!

Blair

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 4, 2014
New Zealand
I found that finding a common interest always works well or if you are not interested just shut up and listen to the customer talking and by the time you start selling they are already head over heels with how good you are at listening and how interested you are with them. People love to feel recognised and important.

Harley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 9, 2014
I found that finding a common interest always works well or if you are not interested just shut up and listen to the customer talking and by the time you start selling they are already head over heels with how good you are at listening and how interested you are with them. People love to feel recognised and important.
Very true. I held a presentation for my sales team once and it was just a 2 page slide - first said how to increase your sales exponentially. Second slide simply said "SHUT UP and listen"
Problem with most sales people is they think they have to have the gift of the gab and fill all the silences. They are not listening to the customer as they are thinking what they should say next. Let the silences linger and the customer will talk/explain the "real problem"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.