The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ryan Deiss' Digital Marketer

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I've searched for reviews or insight on this but have found nothing. (If my search was weak, and I didn't try hard enough, please pardon.)

Anywho, I've been promoted to Social Media Strategist at my job. (I was copywriting before - and still will). My goal is to hit the ground running, because there's so much to do in the span of a short time.

My Internet Marketing degree was great but we didn't get as knee deep into social execution as I would have liked. I know what to do... not necessarily how to do it. (No pun intended... LOL).

I came across the swipe file on Facebook and seeing everything you get for the price, I'm hoping I can get this material, dive in, and when I get results ask for reimbursemnt or a raise.

This material can also help with my own business developments.

http://www.digitalmarketer.com/

Any thoughts on joining this program? Any red flags that would turn you off?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nik Krohn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jun 27, 2014
Utah
It is my experience that any marketer trying to sell their training/secrets is all BS! They do 1 case study and decide to make a product out of it.

The best way to get into DOING social media is to DO it through experiments. Spend 10 minutes and turn it into a science experiment. Find the controls and the variables. Then execute with brilliance. Do this over and over and over again. You will find out what works best. NO ONE CAN TEACH YOU THE RESULTS YOU WILL GET FROM THIS.

Go and do!

R

redshep

I don't know much about Deiss, but before spending $400: Jab Jab Jab Right Hook ($20) + Infusionsoft's Ultimate Marketer Binder (free) will give you a ton of case studies of what works for social and how to integrate it into your funnel.

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
I have the course. It's good. But if you are tight on money, watch the free content they put out. Covers most of it. That will be enough to get your feet wet.

Or, ask your company to foot the bill for the course. Get them to see it as an investment rather than a cost.

EDIT - Thought you were referring to the funnel optimization course. Still though, see if your company will pay for access to their training.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Thanks for the information and feedback guys.

I've gone ahead and invested in Direct Marketer.
I'm going through the Facebook modules.

So far the information is pretty basic. But it's basic to me - and I'm someone who has experimented with these things before.
With that said, I'm also open to listening to the calls and other trainings - and will use my time to explore further questions with the trainers.

I will report back the highs and lows.
I will also be asking my boss to reimburse the costs of this training, if I can prove it viable to our growth.

ETA: I did the month to month option first. If I see it as beneficial, I'll upgrade to one year and ask the bossman for reimbursement.

Last edited:

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Ryan Deiss is the real deal ... he has mutiple 7-8 figure businesses OUTSIDE internet/online marketing.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
if you bought a traffic course and you are looking for a secret that will change your business, you won't find it ... the money is made in your sale funnel.

Most people think they have a traffic problem while the real problem is their funnel.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Ryan Deiss is the real deal ... he has multiple 7-8 figure businesses OUTSIDE internet/online marketing.

Yes, no matter what happens, he has a following and he has proven himself. I at least decided to try him and see what happens.

I'm not looking to change the business, working with a new client with a level 0 fan base. Looking to create social momentum when we deploy, which is very, very soon. I'm just trying to get a clear funnel because the Customer Value Optimization is not in place. There's nothing to "sell" except the freedom of expressing oneself... and for the media, when it's time, the accessibility to a specific and highly niched audience we are developing content and traffic from and for.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
Ryan Deiss is the real deal ... he has mutiple 7-8 figure businesses OUTSIDE internet/online marketing.

was that before or after he made a killing churning out products? No offense, he is great at what he does, (especially with belcher as a partner as an aside), but, what came first the chicken or the egg?

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Update:

I joined and the information is very thorough, but it's more for a beginning marketer. There are some funnels in the products that lead to you purchasing products. The "value" in the program comes from the live calls and the Facebook forum. However, it's not what I need right now, and I've somewhat stepped away from the program. I need to conserve funds, I'm a little advanced for the material - even though I did learn a few new things - and right now I've even stepped back from the position I took.

So really, it's nothing that lurking here on the forum and paying attention to the marketing threads won't teach you. I would even say spend some time on Social Media Examiner. But if you want interaction and support with Ryan and the team, you can join and the price is worth that on the calls and the group.

Note: I never attended calls or really posted in the group.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I would recommend lynda.com

$27/month will give you in-depth fundamentals on ANYTHING you need to know for a job like this.

I did this at my previous job as Marketing Director for a manufacturer and blew them away with my work for 2 years. I'd say about 80% of my marketing, online, design, and software application (adobe CS) knowledge came from watching these super high quality tutorials.

Just remember that the whole process is to learn just enough to "get it" and then take that knowledge and make the project your own.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I remember and love Lynda. It's been out of my budget for so long. Time to re-add that, and my INSIDERS.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
if you bought a traffic course and you are looking for a secret that will change your business, you won't find it ... the money is made in your sale funnel.

Most people think they have a traffic problem while the real problem is their funnel.

How much are you making from your sales funnel?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.