The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Roadmap student

SirYoungMan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 29, 2015
Hello all,
I am new to the whole game. I am 35 years old and ashamed to admit that until just 5 months ago, I had no sense of financial literacy at all. Just go to work, pay bills and repeat. I'm honestly looking to turn my future around after being introduced to the books Rich Dad Poor Dad and of course The Millionaire FastLane . Can anyone suggest more learning criteria as far as books, podcast, YouTube channels, etc..., that I should study before taking action in the real world. I don't have any ideas at the time, just need to learn the whole concept of money, business, economics and the whole 9 yards. Thanks in advance for all suggestions and I look forward to joining lots of you in the FastLane soon.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Great to have you, and the first step which is initially the toughest, is admitting that you knew nothing prior to this...or so you thought.

I think we all have a basic level of financial education, whether we learned it in school or from our parents it's never too late to start. You're already ahead of millions by just reading TMF , and even more by reading Rich Dad Poor Dad. I would recommend further studying TMF as there are many concepts you might have missed. Sometimes rereading things gives me extra inspiration. ;)

As for the books you should add to your repertoire, I recommend Business @ The Speed of Thought by Bill Gates, one I am currently working on finishing.
There's hundreds of books on finance and economics that will satiate your desires to learn about business, some of my favorites:
  • Rich Dad Poor Dad
  • Freakonomics
  • The Big Short - A must read.
  • The Power of Broke by Daymond John. - Very entertaining.
  • How to Win at the Sport of Business by Mark Cuban - Mark Cuban is legit.
  • A Random Walk Down Wall Street
  • Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance - Amazing!
As far as reading goes, nothing will teach you more about finance than starting a business. As many have said on here before, learn to read balance sheets. It will teach you what really goes on in a company. Take C.E.N.T.S. and apply it to a business to learn whether they're scalable, is there a need, time, etc.

Some great shows to teach you about investing and companies are The Profit, and Shark Tank.

Hope this helps! And if you need anything you can always send me a message.

Last edited:

7.62x51

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 27, 2015
Don't wait till you're "ready", just dive in and start.

Take the best idea you can come up with and just do it (try to find something that meets as many of the CENTS principles as you can).

Get in the habit of executing. Become a person who does stuff, not a person who just reads and talks about doing stuff.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...