The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ready for the Journey - Questions/Comments Welcome

MindWarrior

Power Moves
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Feb 23, 2015
Hello Fastlaners!
It's a pleasure to be in such a wonderful place surrounded by amazing people.

I'm not really sure what I should say here so I will start by getting some things off my chest. You see, I'm the type of person that likes to bottle everything up inside and I feel like first step is opening up and releasing a few things that have been crushing my subconscious psyche.

The past 2 years have been some of the roughest times I've had to go through in life (NO, I'm not looking for pity by any means)..

I'm 24 years old now living with my mother due to some extremely poor decisions I've made in the past. Rewind 2 years ago and I was living on my own in a decent apartment working a part time job and running my online business on the side. I was seeing decent success running paid advertising campaigns with a few business partners. Living in area surrounded by wealth I felt the need to "keep up with the Jones", so to speak.

This Lead Me to My first Major Mistake
I bought a fancy new BMW that I could not afford thanks to my need to feel accepted and some encouragement from someone I used to call a friend. About 6 months later after failing to make payments my car was repossessed. This absolutely crushed me as I no longer had means of transportation and felt like a complete idiot. Of course I didn't tell anybody what really happened to my car, I just told them that I was forced to get rid of it. Not even my friends know the real truth to this day.

After being forced to move back in with my mother due to quitting my job and thinking I could make it on my own without the proper income streams in place I began seeking ways to escape reality. These events sent me into a severe depression that lead to me smoking weed all hours of the day, every day, trying to compensate for the pain I was feeling. In hindsight this was obviously a huge mistake and more self-destructive behavior.

The bad times continued to come as I had an unpaid speeding ticket from months back witch lead to my license being revoked and being kicked off my insurance.

It really pains me to say all this but I feel I need to share it with someone to get some real perspective moving forward. Feel free to critique/criticize as you wish, I fully realize my mistakes, have learned from them and am doing everything in my power to move past them.

Fast forward to today, I'm still living with my mother, 2 months sober from marijuana and seeking to move forward with my online business ventures. I currently make enough money to pay my mom rent every month and invest a small amount into my business.

The biggest issue I'm facing is the self-doubt and tainted self-image I have due to my poor decisions of the past. I'm doing everything in my power to hit the grindstone and get back up on my feet and be fully self sustainable but I'm struggling to find like minded people to keep company with. I don't see any of my friends from the past anymore due to their poor lifestyle choices (smoking weed daily & not being motivated) and honestly, they don't even contact me anymore since I'm not willing to sit around and smoke weed with them. Without a license or transportation I'm literally stuck in my mother's house 24 hours a day.

However, I have learned a lot from my past and fully realize that I am where I am because of the decisions I've made. I currently spend 12-16 hours a day on my computer working on my business. It has taken me reaching an all-time low to realize what it's going to take to be successful (get in the fastlane!). One day I'll have one hell of a story to tell!

If you have any advice please feel free to share it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...