The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question Redacted..

Anything related to matters of the mind

Spartan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 3, 2014
Just a little background, I'm a 19 year old sophomore in college and currently studying to become a mechanical engineer. As anyone who has ever tried their hand at engineering knows, the work is hard and time consuming no matter what your intelligence level is.

On Top of that,

I'm working 40 hours a week at GE Aviation helping develop auto pilots for commercial jets. Interesting job, most people never even realize that pilots don't even have to land or takeoff, the autopilot does it for them on a good percentage of planes! The work is tough! Lots of days I leave work totally mentally drained, and it's really difficult to do other activities.

To recover from work and school, I weight lift five days a week. Some people think that is a energy draining activity, but I feel a lot better after bending bars for a little while.

The pay from my job is great for a college student, and so far between scholarships, this job, and various other things, I've managed to save up around $12K. I expect that number to be around $16K by the end of the year.

I feel totally drained at the end of the day. I really want to put all the rest of my effort towards learning and trying to start a business, but I just feel like I physically and mentally can't bring my self to put in the needed effort. I don't think I'm a lazy person, but a lot of the time I'm pretty hard on myself for not trying harder.

This is my question - For those of you guys that have worked long hours while starting a business or planning to, do you have any advice for me on keeping motivated and finding time for ventures and entrepreneurial education?

Redacted - found the answer I was looking for!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

firmwear

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Dec 26, 2013
I'm working 40 hours a week at GE Aviation helping develop auto pilots for commercial jets. Interesting job, most people never even realize that pilots don't even have to land or takeoff, the autopilot does it for them on a good percentage of planes! ...

Sum Ting Wong...

Wi Tu Lo

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Texas. (Mars during summer)
off topic: Great pic. Dude, I am a great admirer of Von Braun. I read many bios, seen the places where he worked etc. I actually have a pic of me similar to the one you chose as avatar, made at an unknown NASA facility in Mississippi I stumbled upon by chance (only in the US you can choose the wrong highway fork and end up facing a Saturn V engine).
Keeping motivated? Read what Von Braun had do go through.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.