The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pulling the trigger and going for it.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Right, lets get started. Will dedicate every moment into constructing a simple fitness ebook based on my transformation: http://justfitmotivation.blogspot.com/2014/08/its-possible-this-is-here-is-my-3-year.html

If i fail then so be it but i will give 100% before i acknowledge its not working.
The theme will be around simplicity.
Currently dieting down so i can use my body on the cover etc.
Will set up a website that provides membership with personal online training help in regards to the book.

I know the industry is crowded, so i still need to work on how to seperate myself

Wish me luck

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Banned

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
I plan on writing two books. The other will be losing fat and building muscle without a gym.
My goal is 7000 copies and memberships

Last edited:
  • Banned

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
After doing some research on the books availible, seems like you need to create some sort of gimmick to stand out

ventio

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 5, 2014
good luck man, looking forward to your progress. Maybe you could release your book for free for a few days, that could be how you stand out

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Feels like it will take me a week or 2 to write. Seems too short?

Takes however long it takes to get your point across. 2 weeks, 5000 words, 3 months, 60,000 words, or something in between. Do what it takes to convey your message and embed it within a story

i am an avid fitness enthusiast myself and tell me...

who is your book for? people that want to transform or people that already excel in this area of their life?

why should i buy your ebook instead of getting trained by joe or larry down at the local gym?
why should i buy your ebook instead of using all the free information online, such as through bodybuilding.com or tnation?
what makes your ebook a more suitable thing than all the DVD sets out there by celebrities, with tons of social proof and people saying it works?

these are rhetorical questions you dont have to answer them, but start thinking about your unique selling proposition. it has to be more than a gimmick, which you mentioned. felix dennis said, think BIG, act small

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
I'm assuming you've already checked out all the top fitness stuff on Clickbank? Kyle Leon's stuff is always ranked at the top. He may be someone you could model your business after. Six Pack Shortcuts comes to mind also. Go through their sales funnels step by step and put your own unique spin on whatever they're doing. Good luck!

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Takes however long it takes to get your point across. 2 weeks, 5000 words, 3 months, 60,000 words, or something in between. Do what it takes to convey your message and embed it within a story

i am an avid fitness enthusiast myself and tell me...

who is your book for? people that want to transform or people that already excel in this area of their life?

why should i buy your ebook instead of getting trained by joe or larry down at the local gym?
why should i buy your ebook instead of using all the free information online, such as through bodybuilding.com or tnation?
what makes your ebook a more suitable thing than all the DVD sets out there by celebrities, with tons of social proof and people saying it works?

these are rhetorical questions you dont have to answer them, but start thinking about your unique selling proposition. it has to be more than a gimmick, which you mentioned. felix dennis said, think BIG, act small
Let me try answer some and then you can tell me if im headed in the right direction

For people who want to transform
Why spend xxxx money on a trainer when you can buy my book and get online coaching
Why sift through all the info on the net, when i have experimented and can get to what works and what doesnt
As for the last question, im not a celeb trying to sell you a fad

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
@borntodominate Also check out Joe Donnelly on FB, he runs a fitness coaching/ nutrition style business right now. He has over 20,000 subscribers at like $9/ month. That's a kick a$$ business and he's truly providing value to subscribers!

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
I'm not 100% sure on the execution of your plan, but @Bigguns50 gave some solid advice in your other thread about marketing to the teen, early 20's crowd. Follow Joe Donnelly on FB and IG, absorb what he's doing and try to focus on your market. He posts ton of pictures of him doing squats w/ 495lbs and other stuff. It's hard not to look at his pics and say, holy F*ck this guy knows what he's talking about $8/ month is peanuts! Lol

WinYourself

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
304%
Aug 11, 2013
Writing the ebook is by far not the tricky part of your plan. You'll end up with an ebook but no audience.

For every hour you write, you need to invest two hours into marketing. With marketing I mean finding an influencer outside the fitness industry, who has an audience that might be interested in your product. Think car tuning audience, propably 20% will also be interested in fitness.

Develop an relationship with the influencer, provide value, be real. Once your ebook is up, offer him an great affiliate deal. Do this with 5 influencers in different niches outside the fitness industry. You'll have a smooth launch. Start working today.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
heres a piece from my introduction, what do you guys think?

I’ll keep this introduction short so that we can dive straight into the important principles and start your own transformation. That’s the type of person I have always been, cutting through the fluff and getting straight to the point. Which is exactly how I wrote this book, by the end of reading this book you will have a clear plan to achieve your goals. Think of this book as a form of an online personal trainer. Over the course of 4 years I have experimented with various diets, training routines and supplements to achieve my dream body and stand out from the crowd. I have wasted plenty of time finding out what works and what doesn’t, so hopefully you can learn from my mistakes and achieve your dream body faster than I did. Life is a whole lot better when you are fit!

WinYourself

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
304%
Aug 11, 2013
You failed the "I" - "You" test. As a reader I don't know you. As a reader I don't care about you. All I care is you to make me feel good, to give me the hope of achieving a great body in an reasonable time, to get me excited. Get me excited in the first sentences. Then back your claim up with your story.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
I have completed my first draft. Now to see what i can add.

Its more a course than a bible on the topic.

Now to come up with a title. Did a keyword search for my niche and its 51290 searches monthly with low competition, so lets see how this goes.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
You failed the "I" - "You" test. As a reader I don't know you. As a reader I don't care about you. All I care is you to make me feel good, to give me the hope of achieving a great body in an reasonable time, to get me excited. Get me excited in the first sentences. Then back your claim up with your story.
Thanks, I took this into consideration and added it. I wanted to give it a personal feel to it, since most are not directed at anyone but general tips

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Most people fail as new authors because they fail the process of publishing. Having a successful book is as much about the book as it is about the platform. Everyone talks about the book (writing it, publishing it, marketing it) but no one talks about the platform. The platform is where you stand out. And that's where people fail because it is in the platform where the process lives and dies. Process isn't about the book -- I wrote a book! It took me 4 days! It's about platform because the platform WILL NOT take you 4 days, but more like 4 months, 4 years, or however long. And that's a place people cannot skip or shortcut. And without that, you're just another eBook author with another eBook sitting on Amazon for $1.99. Authors who invest in a platform are authors that move units, not just for a month or two, but for years.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Most people fail as new authors because they fail the process of publishing. Having a successful book is as much about the book as it is about the platform. Everyone talks about the book (writing it, publishing it, marketing it) but no one talks about the platform. The platform is where you stand out. And that's where people fail because it is in the platform where the process lives and dies. Process isn't about the book -- I wrote a book! It took me 4 days! It's about platform because the platform WILL NOT take you 4 days, but more like 4 months, 4 years, or however long. And that's a place people cannot skip or shortcut. And without that, you're just another eBook author with another eBook sitting on Amazon for $1.99. Authors who invest in a platform are authors that move units, not just for a month or two, but for years.
Im assuming by platform you mean website? I still have alot to learn

G

GuestUser116

Authors who invest in a platform are authors that move units, not just for a month or two, but for years.
Other than a blog, what options are there?

I’ll keep this introduction short so that we can dive straight into the important principles and start your own transformation. That’s the type of person I have always been, cutting through the fluff and getting straight to the point. Which is exactly how I wrote this book, by the end of reading this book you will have a clear plan to achieve your goals. Think of this book as a form of an online personal trainer. Over the course of 4 years I have experimented with various diets, training routines and supplements to achieve my dream body and stand out from the crowd. I have wasted plenty of time finding out what works and what doesn’t, so hopefully you can learn from my mistakes and achieve your dream body faster than I did. Life is a whole lot better when you are fit!
Sounds like every other book.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
Good luck to you. i hope you know what you're talking about. Very very few people actually know the ins and outs of getting a killer physique. 99% of all crap out there (machines, gadgets, books etc). they are all nonsense, the lot of them. yes even supplements, all a complete waste. no supplement is going to help you gain muscle or lose fat...nothing. the protein shakes merely substitute for food and pre-workouts energise you. so they are exceptions. creatine is also an exception.

There isn't much to learn at all.
Looking like a greek god is merely a matter of knowing how to train for strength/power, knowing how to train for hypertrophy. and basic know how of macro/micro nutrient counting. Then its a matter of progressing slowly and consistently (years). either strength should go up or body fat should go down (whichever you choose).

But people don't want to hear that. to market something like that I have to tell them ''how i got abs in 6 weeks". no one wants to hear the simple, blunt truth.

Hears just 1 thing which should set off your bullshit detector. ''gaining 20lbs of muscle in a year''. I believe the max amount the human body can synthesise is like 10lbs over a year...and thats for a newb.

G

GuestUser116

But people don't want to hear that. to market something like that I have to tell them ''how i got abs in 6 weeks". no one wants to hear the simple, blunt truth.
100%

You can't market the truth in competition with all the BS fitness shortcuts in the market.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
100%

You can't market the truth in competition with all the BS fitness shortcuts in the market.
You can. Well like i said in op. If it fails then its a learning experience. There is def a demand since i get asked daily to help or give advice to people

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Good luck to you. i hope you know what you're talking about. Very very few people actually know the ins and outs of getting a killer physique. 99% of all crap out there (machines, gadgets, books etc). they are all nonsense, the lot of them. yes even supplements, all a complete waste. no supplement is going to help you gain muscle or lose fat...nothing. the protein shakes merely substitute for food and pre-workouts energise you. so they are exceptions. creatine is also an exception.

There isn't much to learn at all.
Looking like a greek god is merely a matter of knowing how to train for strength/power, knowing how to train for hypertrophy. and basic know how of macro/micro nutrient counting. Then its a matter of progressing slowly and consistently (years). either strength should go up or body fat should go down (whichever you choose).

Hears just 1 thing which should set off your bullshit detector. ''gaining 20lbs of muscle in a year''. I believe the max amount the human body can synthesise is like 10lbs over a year...and thats for a newb.
I wrote about what has worked for me over the years. There is none of the get abs in 6 weeks bs. I clearly outline that supplements are bs. I just plan to market it well, no gimmicks

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads