The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Prototyping Application

maybach

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 17, 2014
I'm thinking of focusing on creating prototypes for web applications for companies or entrepreneurs, at fixed rates, depending on what the application needs are of course. Just something that can be made in a matter of days to show investors the concept, or for beta testing.

These would just be [HASHTAG]#prototypes[/HASHTAG] and not used for large scale testing, or would would the coding language be chose by the prototype purchaser.

What do you guys think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wzrd

The Creator
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Aug 9, 2014
Portugal
Cool idea, this has been done before (and ongoing) as far as I am aware.

My 2 cents: You could create prototypes and generate some revenue but you might benefit from taking equity in the bigger projects/the ones you believe as a developer instead (Kinda like http://www.thestartupcoders.com/). The prototypes you would have created thus far would serve as a great track record.

CreateLiving

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 27, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
You could start as a prototype(r) and scale that into something much more. Like Wzrd said you could basically expose yourself to tons of new ideas and pick and choose the ones to target the most equity in. Very cool idea.

G

Guest24480

Would you ever go the equity route on something like this, i.e taking a percentage of the company's equity rather than a fixed rate?

Doing so may be a little riskier but if someone hit it big you would as well. The idea is much more scalable from this route. Also, you could remain in control rather than hiring more designers once the operation got too big.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maybach

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 17, 2014
Cool idea, this has been done before (and ongoing) as far as I am aware.

My 2 cents: You could create prototypes and generate some revenue but you might benefit from taking equity in the bigger projects/the ones you believe as a developer instead (Kinda like http://www.thestartupcoders.com/). The prototypes you would have created thus far would serve as a great track record.

Thanks for this.

maybach

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 17, 2014
Would you ever go the equity route on something like this, i.e taking a percentage of the company's equity rather than a fixed rate?

Doing so may be a little riskier but if someone hit it big you would as well. The idea is much more scalable from this route. Also, you could remain in control rather than hiring more designers once the operation got too big.

Yea it's definitely a good thought, the only thing is I got to get stuff paid, and creating prototypes does take time. Perhaps creating a Prototype marketplace, where people can come find willing developers to do the equity and vice versa.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.