The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

*PROBLEM* Manufacturer can't ship properly

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
I have made 2 orders from a peptide manufacturer in china

The problem is he doesn't even bother putting in any work to ensure the product is not broken

and by this I mean shipping glass vials in a plastic bag

both shipments had about 1/2 the product broken and unusable

Are any of you aware of a company I could possibly use to help ensure the product is packaged correctly?

I am also using others money for this order and would not like to get burned for the 3rd time

btw I have tried using imex/elizabeth shi in the past, the MOQ with them is around $20,000 which I can't do

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
[QUOTE
Are any of you aware of a company I could possibly use to help ensure the product is packaged correctly?

I am also using others money for this order and would not like to get burned for the 3rd time[/QUOTE]

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
I think a Chinese-based Inspection Company could ensure correct packaging.

However I expect you would have to specify the packaging first yourself, agree it with your manufacturer, and have the Inspection Company audit against that.

I only know the theory, hopefully someone can recommend such a company.

I expect that knowing the city or region your manufacturer is based in will help anyone who does have a recommendation for you - it will be cheaper for you if the Inspection Company is based in the same region (lower travel expenses to charge to you).

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
I think a Chinese-based Inspection Company could ensure correct packaging.

However I expect you would have to specify the packaging first yourself, agree it with your manufacturer, and have the Inspection Company audit against that.

I only know the theory, hopefully someone can recommend such a company.

I expect that knowing the city or region your manufacturer is based in will help anyone who does have a recommendation for you - it will be cheaper for you if the Inspection Company is based in the same region (lower travel expenses to charge to you).
Will give full response in a bit, have to head out this moment

I will say I have tried talking to the manufacturer about this and would disagree with me that they arrived broken (with photos provided)

I will also search for an inspection company too, although the order is relatively small $400 worth but half of it isn't my money

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Blake.

The reason we do test orders is to uncover this, and bail.

If the manufacturer won't do this properly, what possible indication do you have that they won't cut corners on the product as well?

You have to be willing to walk away completely, not attempt to solve their problem for them.

I don't care how much you like their product. They might not have what it takes to even QC it properly.

I have a new manufacturer that blew me away last week. Photos at every step of the process, and more detail than you would ever want.

THAT is who you are looking for. That's how you build a business. There has to be implicit trust (plus verification) with your overseas manufacturers, or you're going to eventually get burned.

You know how much business I would do with your supplier in the future? Exactly zero. Done. Turn the page.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We had a factory once ship us flat panel televisions, and the television stand was rough cut metal.

When we got the 5,000 units to the United States, and saw that the stands weren't finished, the factory says:

"oh. you wanted them painted? You never specified..."

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Blake.

The reason we do test orders is to uncover this, and bail.

If the manufacturer won't do this properly, what possible indication do you have that they won't cut corners on the product as well?

You have to be willing to walk away completely, not attempt to solve their problem for them.

I don't care how much you like their product. They might not have what it takes to even QC it properly.

I have a new manufacturer that blew me away last week. Photos at every step of the process, and more detail than you would ever want.

THAT is who you are looking for. That's how you build a business. There has to be implicit trust (plus verification) with your overseas manufacturers, or you're going to eventually get burned.

You know how much business I would do with your supplier in the future? Exactly zero. Done. Turn the page.
Wow, youre right

Looks like I will have to do this despite (knowing product isn't cut) and cut ties with them

Thanks a ton vig

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I hate that, but it is reality.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We had a factory once ship us flat panel televisions, and the television stand was rough cut metal.

When we got the 5,000 units to the United States, and saw that the stands weren't finished, the factory says:

"oh. you wanted them painted? You never specified..."

BTW, we ended up taking the stands to a local autobody repair shop (maaco, I think) and had them paint them before we delivered them to Circuit City.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
What are you doing with peptides?

On a serious note, as Vigi said, the way I blacklist these suppliers is a small sample order. I rather waste $100-500 than get burned on an order of $10k.

With regards to your supplier, packaging glass vials in a plastic bag? Sounds like their factory is their home.

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Brilliant lesson for me from Vigilante - it's obvious that the supplier is clueless, so move on.

So glad I actually added my pointless 2 cents worth, because there I was "helping" the supplier for the OP and Vig just cut through the cr*p.

So I've got a takeaway here - "Remember to take a few steps back and look at the whole picture, the situation behind the asker's actual question, before proposing a solution".

Oh, and "don't try to fix it, walk away".

Making a note of this to stick on my wall. Thanks @Vigilante.

Last edited:

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
What are you doing with peptides?

On a serious note, as Vigi said, the way I blacklist these suppliers is a small sample order. I rather waste $100-500 than get burned on an order of $10k.

With regards to your supplier, packaging glass vials in a plastic bag? Sounds like their factory is their home.
Using them for my personal use/resell purposes

Although, this thread made me realize how stupid i am to inject non governored chemicals from china (just a heads up these are not illegal, so nothing to worry about)

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Using them for my personal use/resell purposes

Although, this thread made me realize how stupid i am to inject non governored chemicals from china (just a heads up these are not illegal, so nothing to worry about)
Bodybuilding?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
to inject non governored chemicals from china
image.jpg

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm going to say the same thing that everyone else here has said, but expand it just a bit.

This lesson applies to quite a few areas in business - dealing with clients, employees, vendors, etc. When someone shows you their character like this early on, there's practically nothing that you can do that change them. Every time I've tried to work with a problem client, contractor, vendor, etc, it hasn't worked out. At all. Even if they end up fulfilling their end of the deal, the amount of time I spent getting them to that point was opportunity lost.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
You cannot test/inspect in quality.
Speaking of quality, you should have these materials tested at a lab here in the US for quality - purity, sterility, etc. It will be expensive, but it will save you a hyuuuuge lawsuit or 3.

Beyond that, I'd also look at some sort of liability insurance.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

This is especially important because I've found that thinking entrepreneurially sets off a kind of "savior" impulse where businesses you patronize or are partnered with are concerned-You start seeing their customer service, layout, pricing, etc. flaws a lot more clearly.

Bottom line is that trying to help them fix everything is just going to slow you down. Focus on your problems-they're the ones that will make you go broke.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"How you do anything is how you do everything."

"The first purchase is a test." (Both ways.)

They failed.

I must admit I keep having to relearn this. One day I will have burnt myself enough times to finally get it into my thick skull.

Those early warning signs that your "gut" picks up on have a habit of being right.

One of the litmus tests I have when dealing with a new client is to determine asap whether they see the cost or the value in what you can do for them.

If they just see the cost, then drop them like a hot snot and move on.

Every time I break this rule I end up regretting it.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
"How you do anything is how you do everything."

"The first purchase is a test." (Both ways.)

They failed.

I must admit I keep having to relearn this. One day I will have burnt myself enough times to finally get it into my thick skull.

Those early warning signs that your "gut" picks up on have a habit of being right.

One of the litmus tests I have when dealing with a new client is to determine asap whether they see the cost or the value in what you can do for them.

If they just see the cost, then drop them like a hot snot and move on.

Every time I break this rule I end up regretting it.
Ha! me too. We should start an "I'm about to do something stupid, please stop me" thread.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Here's the thing..

While you spend time talking to a prospect who has already demonstrated they are going to be a pita to work with, you are not spending time talking to a prospect who is going to be a joy to work with and who will spend progressively more with you whilst referring you to his friends.

While you spend time educating poor suppliers on how to run their business, you're not spending time dealing with ones who send photos of your product being created at each stage.

(I know @Vigilante has already nailed it and you have dropped them OP. This is more a plea to myself rather than anything else. Lol.)

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Here's the thing..

While you spend time talking to a prospect who has already demonstrated they are going to be a pita to work with, you are not spending time talking to a prospect who is going to be a joy to work with and who will spend progressively more with you whilst referring you to his friends.

While you spend time educating poor suppliers on how to run their business, you're not spending time dealing with ones who send photos of your product being created at each stage.

(I know @Vigilante has already nailed it and you have dropped them OP. This is more a plea to myself rather than anything else. Lol.)
Well it is good to have input from multiple users, especially with ones who have more credibility than others in certain areas so we can see problems from different angles

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Ipamorelin sells pretty well. Margins are through the roof.

Used to buy for $200-500/gram. Retailed for $6500/gram ($3000-3500 wholesale)). Of course it was to legitimate research labs in Canada and resellers. Tempting me to get started again. This was like 1 year ago.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Ipamorelin sells pretty well. Margins are through the roof.

Used to buy for $200-500/gram. Retailed for $6500/gram ($3000-3500 wholesale)). Of course it was to legitimate research labs in Canada and resellers. Tempting me to get started again. This was like 1 year ago.
You seem to know what kinds of things I am talking about, yes there is a quite of money to be made especially the margins on some of these are really good

especially with all the scammy sellers out there and the pos customer service it can be very easy to stand out amongst the competitors who ship cut product +++++ if you can achieve forum sponsorships with this type of product it will do wonders for your sales

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Think I may have to start listening to this advice. The export sales manager for the manufacturer I wanted to deal with is an absolute nutbar. It's a product that has very very few suppliers though, and theirs is the best quality product unfortunately. His last email said 15k USD is only the price of a cheap car so it shouldn't matter to me. And his last few emails constantly talk about his wife's mental illness! By all accounts they are a genuine manufacturer (havent finished my researching/sourcing yet though) but I won't be able to deal with this guy.

Once I finish putting all the info and problems im stuck on together I will post in Walters AMA thread.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.