The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please critique/review for my new ecommerce site

Davor

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
May 12, 2014
Hi,

This is my first time running my own business in this case ecommerce biz. Could you please provide me info on what should I change and kind of opinion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
I think the template could be better adjusted to promote a single product. IMO if you are just selling the one product the homepage should be a landing page with all the main selling points, all the information and a 'buy now' button. There is not point in 'products', 'featured products' and 'add to cart' as they all cater to sites selling more than one product.

Also, I think the slider images could be better quality and the copy could be better (and proofread). Your first 'benefit' is that it 'instantly absorbs into your hair' whereas your second point of 'Creates gorgeous, shiny hair' gives more more benefit and a reason to buy.

Davor

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
May 12, 2014
I think the template could be better adjusted to promote a single product. IMO if you are just selling the one product the homepage should be a landing page with all the main selling points, all the information and a 'buy now' button. There is not point in 'products', 'featured products' and 'add to cart' as they all cater to sites selling more than one product.

Also, I think the slider images could be better quality and the copy could be better (and proofread). Your first 'benefit' is that it 'instantly absorbs into your hair' whereas your second point of 'Creates gorgeous, shiny hair' gives more more benefit and a reason to buy.
I agree. I cannot change it to landing page or I dont know how to lol... Should go with wordpress and create a simple landing page there instead.

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
I agree. I cannot change it to landing page or I dont know how to lol... Should go with wordpress and create a simple landing page there instead.

What success are you having so far, are you getting sales?

It's great that you have something up and live. If you are making money then I would use that to develop a better website. If you are not getting sales it may not be the fault of the site.

I think it's great to get 'something' working, then refine and reinvest once you have tested the market, or scrap the idea without considerable investment.

Davor

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
May 12, 2014

It's great that you have something up and live. If you are making money then I would use that to develop a better website. If you are not getting sales it may not be the fault of the site.

I think it's great to get 'something' working, then refine and reinvest once you have tested the market, or scrap the idea without considerable investment.

I created site recently and yesterday my product got delivered to amazon so now I can start selling. I paid 35$ someone who is in hair/fashion niche on instagram to advertise my product on Friday so I will see how this social media works out and if I get sales I will use it to advertise on social media more. If that wont work out then I will start with google ads and facebook ads because it is a lot cheaper.
Of course I will sell and advertise on Amazon as well and that will be my main focus

Last edited:

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Home page should be more than just a photo and a banner. Why not explaining about the product, telling us the benefits for using it and have some testimonials (if you have) on the first page?

To be honest, when I click to your home page now and all I can see is a banner photo and a product photo, then I would never ever put my credit card and pay 33 usd for it. You need to deliver a reason WHY I should buy it, WHY it is so good, WHY others like it, WHY it will help me.

Davor

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
May 12, 2014

Home page should be more than just a photo and a banner. Why not explaining about the product, telling us the benefits for using it and have some testimonials (if you have) on the first page?

To be honest, when I click to your home page now and all I can see is a banner photo and a product photo, then I would never ever put my credit card and pay 33 usd for it. You need to deliver a reason WHY I should buy it, WHY it is so good, WHY others like it, WHY it will help me.
Hey guys. I was working on my site and changed some things that you advised to me.. Please let me know if you think it is any better Also I am in talks with shopify to help me change that Add to cart button to "Buy now"

@Ryllban I will buy some reviews from fiverr ( 4-5 stars) just to kick it off.

Last edited:

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
I think that is much better than what you had.

I would swap round the benefits with the reason people love argan oil so they see the benefits first.

Also, with it being a $58 product I would get some amazing photos taken in a stylish bathroom/salon as well as a before & after of some type to show the difference it makes.

Davor

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
May 12, 2014
I think that is much better than what you had.

I would swap round the benefits with the reason people love argan oil so they see the benefits first.

Also, with it being a $58 product I would get some amazing photos taken in a stylish bathroom/salon as well as a before & after of some type to show the difference it makes.
I dont have the product it is all in Amazon and I put 58$ just so it looks good that it is "only" 28$ now...I will try to find some before and after on photodollarclub

David Wills

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Feb 26, 2015
I think that the site looks good. I would include some testimonials as said above. If you do not have some secondary research about how the product works and any proof that you can have of how good is this product.

Best of luck

Davor

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
May 12, 2014
I think that the site looks good. I would include some testimonials as said above. If you do not have some secondary research about how the product works and any proof that you can have of how good is this product.

Best of luck
Thank you for your input I will add some before & after hair pic and reviews

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Hey guys. I was working on my site and changed some things that you advised to me.. Please let me know if you think it is any better www.calitheabeauty.com Also I am in talks with shopify to help me change that Add to cart button to "Buy now"

@Ryllban I will buy some reviews from fiverr ( 4-5 stars) just to kick it off.

Instead of buying testimonials. Why not sending out your product to bloggers? Influential people in your market. Then if your product is good and you do a good job sending out them with a personal message, they might write about it and you can get a lot of customers.

And then, you contact your customers and ask them to leave a testimonial that you will use on the frontage. Ask permission to use a photo and name. Then you got a real testimonial with photo, much much better. + now you have a few customers as well :)

Kingsta

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Dec 6, 2014
I would never purchase off a site like this and I do a lot of online shopping. I'd try to make it look as professional as possible. Add reviews from big companies in the cosmetic industry etc

Davor

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
May 12, 2014
I would never purchase off a site like this and I do a lot of online shopping. I'd try to make it look as professional as possible. Add reviews from big companies in the cosmetic industry etc
I changed the tactic and changed the site completely

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.