The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please criticize my plan

Davor

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
May 12, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am 20 year old guy coming from a small country in Europe.
Currently I am working but in that time I have read and educate myself a lot. I made a plan for my future E-commerce bussines and here is what I come up to:

1. Pick a product - Done ( Product can be used everywhere; gym, work/school place, at home etc.) prices for that product are between 12$-25$
2. Find a supplier on Alibaba ( Order samples from few different companys at first & then decide which supplier to take)
3.Start looking for a warehouse ( I will probably go with Shipwire )
4. Once I found reliable supplier I will talk with them to put a logo of my company on products so it looks more proffesional. I will create a company as soon as I decide which supplier is best for me.
5. Create an online store using Shopify (Note: Shopify & Shipwire work wery well with eachother)
6.Once products arrive I will ship them directly to Warehouse (I could probably tell a supplier to ship directly to warehouse but I just want to make sure everything is created properly even though it will cost me extra $)
7. Hire someone to set up Adwords on my site (Will have to educate myself a bit more on this topic)
8. Once I set up a company,create a site & ship products to Warehouse I will start with promoting products on social media (IG, TWITTER) & blogs. ( I have nice experience with advertising on social media)
9. Once there is a nice profit and sales go up I will quit my job & put new products on site.

I apologize for my English if you didnt understand some things but I would really like to hear more tips & feedback from you guys.
Thanks,
Davor

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kyle Tully

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 13, 2014
Sydney, Australia
1. Pick a product - Done ( Product can be used everywhere; gym, work/school place, at home etc.) prices for that product are between 12$-25$
2. Find a supplier on Alibaba ( Order samples from few different companys at first & then decide which supplier to take)
3.Start looking for a warehouse ( I will probably go with Shipwire )
4. Once I found reliable supplier I will talk with them to put a logo of my company on products so it looks more proffesional. I will create a company as soon as I decide which supplier is best for me.
5. Create an online store using Shopify (Note: Shopify & Shipwire work wery well with eachother)
6.Once products arrive I will ship them directly to Warehouse (I could probably tell a supplier to ship directly to warehouse but I just want to make sure everything is created properly even though it will cost me extra $)
7. Hire someone to set up Adwords on my site (Will have to educate myself a bit more on this topic)
8. Once I set up a company,create a site & ship products to Warehouse I will start with promoting products on social media (IG, TWITTER) & blogs. ( I have nice experience with advertising on social media)
9. Once there is a nice profit and sales go up I will quit my job & put new products on site.

I would go from #2 to #8b and skip everything in between.

Get your samples and see if you can sell them via social media.

If you can't do that then all the time/cost/effort of all the other steps was for nothing.

Davor

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
May 12, 2014
I would go from #2 to #8b and skip everything in between.

Get your samples and see if you can sell them via social media.

If you can't do that then all the time/cost/effort of all the other steps was for nothing.
Hey Kyle,

Thanks for the input. So you think I should put product on amazon & lead traffic there to see if people would buy it in the first place? I like the idea but this product is quite new & it is already very popular thats why I described the whole process because I am prety confident in it. But I do like your idea and will keep that in mind.

Kyle Tully

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 13, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Only you really know the full picture.

I'm just commenting based on a single post.

I just tend to lean more towards testing concepts quickly and cheaply rather than throwing a lot of time and effort into something that was doomed to fail from the start.

My theory is if you can't make sales from a wordpress website with paypal buy now button then you're in an uphill battle in whatever else you try.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You don't need a warehouse or any other expenses. You need to determine if you can even sell this item first. Get a small quantity, make it available for sale, and see what happens first.

Davor

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
May 12, 2014
You don't need a warehouse or any other expenses. You need to determine if you can even sell this item first. Get a small quantity, make it available for sale, and see what happens first.
I agree I will test it first but still I will need warehouse... Shipping would cost me more than a product if I wanted to ship from my country.

Kyle Tully

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 13, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I agree I will test it first but still I will need warehouse... Shipping would cost me more than a product if I wanted to ship from my country.

Your goal isn't to make money on the test.

It's only to validate the market and prove you can sell the thing.

Eating the cost of shipping for 10 items will probably less than the time/cost/opportunity of figuring out a warehouse.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.