The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pewdiepie makes $7.4 million

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

GreedyBGoode

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 7, 2014
UK

Life, money, angry mobs, mindset, working hard and dealing with haters and criticism - all from some Swedish dude who makes videos on Youtube. So many of the discussion on this forum I felt captured in one short video.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/7/8909553/pewdiepie-7-4-million-response-felix-kjellberg-youtube

The article title says it all.. "PewDiePie's response to making $7.4 million is exactly why he's so successful"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TG_Hawk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Feb 26, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Typical sidewalkers and slowlaners "angry" that he makes $7M/yr on Youtube. I think deep down they're angry at themselves for living a piss poor life. If they wanted to make millions they could easily go get off their a$$ and make it happen (but the'd rather blame somebody else). Remember it took this guy 5 years to get where he's at. People see the event (making $7M last year), but they don't see the process that got him there (the hours of hard work, devotion, and dedication).

I don't know exactly what this guy does, but he obviously creates value for over 9 MILLION people, and gets compensated handsomely for it. Kudos to him for rising above and making it happen, and raising $1M for charity.

A

a k a

I don't know exactly what this guy does, but he obviously creates value for over 9 MILLION people, and gets compensated handsomely for it. Kudos to him for rising above and making it happen, and raising $1M for charity
He provides comedic entertainment for an audience of 35 Million people. Like @MJ DeMarco said... When you provide value to millions. You make millions!;)

EdKirby

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jun 29, 2015
United States
Last edited by a moderator:

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
Ha, funny, I was watching one of his videos lately. He is quite entertaining. I wonder how much markiplier makes? Dude had like 8 million subs

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
the crazy part is that he started without even knowing he could make any money with it or if it was even possible at all with his kind of let's play video. He did get lucky from that perspective, but it just goes to show that if you can find a way to make value then you're on the right path.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump due to multiple postings.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
well, he preaches doing the thing that he loves..... but he also claims that he would love making videos and would be happy to work at a hot dog stand to make enough cash to do what he loves.

so a good example of doing what u love and being an artist and it worked out for him.

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Love this video…specifically when he talks about “If I didn’t do this, someone would be here taking my place."

The more in depth I’ve got into my goals, the more I’m seeing people (some who are very close to me) show their true colors.

The average just seem to hate success.

Thanks for posting this!

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
he deserved his success, he is making more than most artiste and what makes it more interesting is that probably it doesn't seem like work to him because he love what he do each and everyday.

CorsePerVita

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 24, 2008
I think pewdie handles himself very well. As others have said, I think that people stem these behaviors psychologically due to their own inaction or jealousy. Some people are resentful towards others due to making life choices that have drastically changed their ability to take a certain path to success, others because those life choices make things harder for them, or because they are utterly terrified of change and risk and therefore take no action at all. When they see those people succeeding, it upsets them, and they look for any reason to hate.

All things considered I think pewdie comes off as a pretty laid back and humble dude, and I think his fan base demonstrates that, otherwise he wouldn't likely be as popular as he is.

JustKris

Writing and talking, basically.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Oct 16, 2012
In the mountains
PewDiePie definitely has the "scale" part of the Fastlane equation locked down.

It's crazy how much things have changed for performers in the last few years. In 2010, my buddy was waiting tables and occasionally doing some musical comedy shows.

Now, he has one of the top channels on Youtube and performs huge shows all over the world. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, per year.

I personally don't get why you'd want to watch someone play video games on Youtube, but I'm not the target market. People hating on Youtube celebrities can't grasp that THEIR opinions are not the same as the MARKET'S opinions.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
PewDiePie definitely has the "scale" part of the Fastlane equation locked down.

It's crazy how much things have changed for performers in the last few years. In 2010, my buddy was waiting tables and occasionally doing some musical comedy shows.

Now, he has one of the top channels on Youtube and performs huge shows all over the world. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, per year.

I personally don't get why you'd want to watch someone play video games on Youtube, but I'm not the target market. People hating on Youtube celebrities can't grasp that THEIR opinions are not the same as the MARKET'S opinions.
i think it's maybe the way how persons consume videos these days are changing because once upon a time perons usually watch anything these media companies throw on the screens, but now that's so like 2005!!!. now you can watch almost anything on youtube and you have all types niches which fits a certain crowd and i feel like this is just the beginning because ten years from now you are going to find that these youtube stars are going to be ranked with these hollywood celebrities.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
BRB Checking my inbox for tons of messages of people telling me they are about to start YouTube as their careers. LOL Might have to shut down my YouTube thread this is ridiculous.

YouTube, specifically the gaming scene, is pretty hard to get into. It's a highly competitive field. (I have a YouTube channel with 25,000+ subscribers, 3.5+ million views) Even with stats like that, it's still hard to get certain videos ranked. There are hundreds of thousands of gaming videos uploaded every week, it's absolutely ridiculous. I'm not saying it can't be done, hell my channel is growing quite fast. It's just harder then most people realize.

So many people message me saying they are starting YouTube to get famous, good luck. You better have one hell of a plan and lots of patience. There is a lot to learn.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
BRB Checking my inbox for tons of messages of people telling me they are about to start YouTube as their careers. LOL Might have to shut down my YouTube thread this is ridiculous.

YouTube, specifically the gaming scene, is pretty hard to get into. It's a highly competitive field. (I have a YouTube channel with 25,000+ subscribers, 3.5+ million views) Even with stats like that, it's still hard to get certain videos ranked. There are hundreds of thousands of gaming videos uploaded every week, it's absolutely ridiculous. I'm not saying it can't be done, hell my channel is growing quite fast. It's just harder then most people realize.

So many people message me saying they are starting YouTube to get famous, good luck. You better have one hell of a plan and lots of patience. There is a lot to learn.

well everyone can get into making videos on youtube for gaming.... it goes hand in hand

a) everyone has a computer
b) not hard to get a computer
c) not hard to record video game play and record your dorky sounds
d) most dorky people that play video games have all the stuff they need to make in game videos.

but most dorks have shitty personalities and won't get anywhere.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
As usual Haters gone hate, I found that most people who comment, give their opinion or feedback on ventures or success of others are simply voicing their own self-limiting beliefs and hate etc.

Just cause they can't do it never means YOU can't.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.