The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

People who complain the most about their jobs are the ones who never do anything about it

Derek Edwards

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Oct 22, 2014
You know those type of people, "I hate my job" "Management does not care" "As soon as I find another job, I'm out of here." But yet, they still get up every morning, go to their job and complain about everything. They blame their co-workers, managers, and anyone else. You are the only one to blame because you aren't taking action. It seems easier to blame others, but not yourself. The simple solution to this problem is start applying to other jobs. "But I'm tired when I get home" "I'm just exhausted." You mean to tell me you can't give up 15 minutes or less of your time to ATLEAST apply to 2 jobs.

I have a friend who works in retail. She absolutely hates it there. She doesn't like the low wage pay, the BS customer service, the management, and some of her co-workers. I told her that she needs to apply to other jobs if she can't deal with the one you have right now. She says, "well it pays the bills" "Eventually things will change around here." The worst of them all is that she talked to management about her getting promoted to a supervisor position. That was a year ago. It's just amazing that people nowadays are going to let others push them around, take their crap and come in the next day to repeat almost the same exact events.

I just don't get it. The only answer I have is that it's all mindset. These people suffer so much. Is it really that hard to apply to another job? And some of those people who do apply complain that no one is hiring. Then keep applying some more. Apply to every job that you are qualified for each day. I can guarantee you that atleast someone will give you a call. Or you can just go the entrepreneurial way and never work for anyone ever again.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
do you have a job OP? or is this just a rant about a girl you like that wont put out to you and you just listen to her talk about how much she hates her job.

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
Agree 100% with the OP.

It's not just that...

In general, people who talk a lot about something, usually do it to fill a void.

- People who are starting businesses are not talking about it to everybody all the time
- People who have a lot of money don't feel the need to show it off all the time and talk about it
- People who have acquired experience and knowledge know when to say "I don't know", while people who know nothing keep talking like they have found the key to success in life.

Of course there are exceptions...

And all those rappers talking about having all this money, and how they just bought a Bugatti (apart from the big ones)... go check their net worth and laugh (specially the guy who made the song "I woke in up in a new Bugatti", he can technically buy it, but you don't buy a $2 million car when you're worth $5 million)

109839-Nice+success+quotes+thoughts+s.jpg

a94d83240f58a64d2b3a9824405454ba.jpg

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Ha. Word.

People wonder why their life never changes. It's because they never did anything to change it.

Ricoboxing

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Oct 30, 2014
Canada
Yup I'm one of those people. I decided to take action and started a side business. Now finally in year 4 I made more $$ then my regular job. I'm gonna quit after I take my family on vacation in April. My business is very seasonal, so just gonna tough it out till May.

People always tell me to just quit but when you have a wife, kids, mortgage. ... it's easier said than done.
I'm counting down the days. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Derek Edwards

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Oct 22, 2014
do you have a job OP? or is this just a rant about a girl you like that wont put out to you and you just listen to her talk about how much she hates her job.

Yes, I do have a job. No, this is not a rant, it's something I have observed from working different jobs, that's all. But it's widely true that this happens everywhere. Like I said before, most of these people just don't do anything about it but complain.

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
I just don't get it. The only answer I have is that it's all mindset. These people suffer so much. Is it really that hard to apply to another job? And some of those people who do apply complain that no one is hiring. Then keep applying some more. Apply to every job that you are qualified for each day. I can guarantee you that atleast someone will give you a call. Or you can just go the entrepreneurial way and never work for anyone ever again.

I don't mean to call you out on stuff that I don't know anything about. So I am just assuming here; if you hang around this girl a lot I understand your frustration if she drags you down with negative energy. But if you dont hang around her then I can't see why you want to lead her into another employment

There is honor in what you are doing (i.e trying to help someone to find another, hopefully happier, employment) but sometimes giving them the easy way is perhaps not the deal? Like telling her "Apply to ATLEAST 2 jobs"... I mean, put her against the wall and confront her with Responsibility/Accountability and tell her that "Eventually things will NOT change around here." Her $1000 dollar iPhone wont just ring one day with a caller offering her wealth.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.