The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Parts of website blocker idea feedback

Idea threads

zerobrainwash

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 20, 2015
Baltics
Hi guys,

I have been working on this idea in spare time for awhile. It's a web browser extension that allows you to select parts of the website and block them.

So for example when you browse a site and like some of their sections but wish to not see the others as they are distracting, annoying, etc., you can click on these sections and make so that they won't appear again, Facebook news feed as an example.

There is a similar free tool already called Eraser . It's limited to Chrome only though and my idea is to have a paid service where your preferences would be saved across all browsers, and even other computers, since your settings are stored externally.

What do you think about the general idea? How can I find out if there is demand for it before pouring my heart and soul into it? Any input is much appreciated :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

zerobrainwash

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 20, 2015
Baltics
No replies yet. Is it because the tool sounds dull, or the description is not so clear?

Admittedly, it's not an incredibly exciting product but it seems like it could definitely add value for some people by allowing to see only parts of web that you want to see.

Last edited:

Sisyphus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 4, 2015
Toronto
It seems extremely complicated to implement, its going to take you a lot of time to get it the way you want it.

Moreover, nowadays people expect these types of stuff to be free. Ad block? The chrome extension : Stay focused? I dont think you can make much money off this.

Sisyphus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 4, 2015
Toronto
It seems extremely complicated to implement, its going to take you a lot of time to get it the way you want it.

Moreover, nowadays people expect these types of stuff to be free. Ad block? The chrome extension : Stay focused? I dont think you can make much money off this.

David Wills

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Feb 26, 2015
I see that it is a good idea if you change your focus.

Instead of selling it to the general public, how about targeting forums/social networks/ whatever which do not want advertisement in their internet space?

I would not pay for an Ad Blocker, but maybe, Amazon will pay to avoid advertisement in their reviews section.

Goog luck mate,

zerobrainwash

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 20, 2015
Baltics
Thanks for the input guys!

I would not pay for an Ad Blocker, but maybe, Amazon will pay to avoid advertisement in their reviews section.

Could you provide an example of such advertisement? I'm not sure if I have seen anything like that.

I have it working on my browser but it's not ready for general use. Adblock blocks adverts while Stay Focused blocks the whole site. However, I have a problem with Facebook or LinkedIn news feeds, I don't want to see them and thus block them. There are also parts of other websites which only distract me instead of keeping my focused and using the website purposefully. You can visually select part of website and never have to see it again.

You are right about users expecting it for free. I am thinking to release a free extension and provide paid plan to save options in case you want to keep same settings across several machines.

David Wills

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Feb 26, 2015
Apologies; Maybe it is not a good example.

For instance, let say that in this blog, people start to put advertising on every post. Maybe, The Fast Lane Forum will be willing to spend some money on your software to avoid this type of content.

In board terms, what I am saying is that you can change your focus client. It has not to be the internet users, it could be internet providers. It can also fort for instance as parental control. Just keep clear the strength points of your business and then look for interested parties.

Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.