The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Opinions on a business name

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
Hoping to get your thoughts on a name is for a business selling inspirational posters and other products. My initial target market will be entrepreneurs and small businesses, but leaning toward wanting to keep the name generic enough to expand into other industries (fitness, etc.).

(I would need to get creative with domains for a few of these, as the .com isn't always available).

Braindrops
Epic Expressions
Epic Inspiration (I like this, but the name is currently being used as an Etsy store)
Great Inspiration
Creative Zen
Epic Thoughts
Wordseed
ZenSparks
Startup Sparks
Sweet Inspiration
Vivid Joy
Startup Fuse

Other ideas?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GiroudJD

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
361%
Dec 25, 2013
MPLS
I ike Zensparks. Unique enough and still hints at the motivational aspect of things.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Poster4you-Maybe taken I dunno, Whilst I know and see where you want to go with your named suggestions-the reality is, as you admit youeself you want to roll it out to other markets so Zensparks for example in my opinion would be 1 of 2 words a fitness company are certainly not going to type into google or ebay if looking to buy a poster.

I think a more general name is the way forward for this type of venture.

Good luck with the venture dude

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
Poster4you-Maybe taken I dunno, Whilst I know and see where you want to go with your named suggestions-the reality is, as you admit youeself you want to roll it out to other markets so Zensparks for example in my opinion would be 1 of 2 words a fitness company are certainly not going to type into google or ebay if looking to buy a poster.

I think a more general name is the way forward for this type of venture.

Good luck with the venture dude

I'm not worried about using specific keywords in the name. I want it to be a brand, not just keywords.

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
Might back up a bit and think about your brand atmosphere a bit. Sounds like you are sorta throwing this together...selling posters.
What emotion do you want to elicit from your target market when they see/hear your brand name?
Also, "getting creative" with a brand name's .com is the last resort. If the domain isn't available, and doesn't appear likely you can obtain it, move on...otherwise seriously consider the implications of .co, .net etc.

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
Might back up a bit and think about your brand atmosphere a bit. Sounds like you are sorta throwing this together...selling posters.
What emotion do you want to elicit from your target market when they see/hear your brand name?
Also, "getting creative" with a brand name's .com is the last resort. If the domain isn't available, and doesn't appear likely you can obtain it, move on...otherwise seriously consider the implications of .co, .net etc.

.co domains are starting to gain credibility, and there are plenty successful companies using .net. I know it's not ideal, but it's pretty damn hard to find decent .com domains these days.

As far as emotions: desire, energy, motivation, happiness, focus, drive for success, joy, pride

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
.co domains are starting to gain credibility, and there are plenty successful companies using .net. I know it's not ideal, but it's pretty damn hard to find decent .com domains these days.

As far as emotions: desire, energy, motivation, happiness, focus, drive for success, joy, pride

Those are the emotions you plan for your posters to elicit from the viewers, not necessarily what a buyer searching Google for "inspirational posters" is feeling.

May be a mute point since many of your suggested domains are abstract.

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
Braindrops keep falling on my head.

Tyler Ellison

Digital Advertising Ninja
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 18, 2015
Brazil
I think these three are the best:
  1. ZenSparks
  2. Braindrops
  3. Wordseed
The word 'Epic' is trendy and overused - I'd avoid it like the plague.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
I would start with the one where you're able to get the .com domain name

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
Thanks. Pretty tough to find good .com domains these days.

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
Just grabbed InspiringLines.com.

What do you guys think of that? 'Lines' works as meaning both quotes/thoughts/text, and has some graphic design connotations as well.

I'm between this and Braindrops (which is a play on raindrops, and the idea of 'dropping knowledge'. Might sound a little weird to people who don't get the meaning though. Problem with that is I have the domain getbraindrops.com, as braindrops.com is taken.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.