The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One year of stupidity and no results

TheBlaze

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Nov 20, 2013
Hi everyone!
I have been on the internet scene since Oct 30th last year in 2012 (the day i got my hosting account).
Created various niche sites (9 to be exact) selling products as an affiliate.

Bought into various Clickbank products in the Internet marketing community that focused their entire approach on SEO. Had zero success with that.

I have also written two kindle books on amazon that fetched me near about $200.
And that it! There's nothing more that i made or did for others that brought me cash.

But since the previous month i have improvised.
I have been on facebook and have a blooming fan page that is narrowed down to Labrador owners.
(if you want the link i can post it).

It has about 2400 fans that are engaging well.
Just the day before i asked them a question in a post if they would benefit from a concept a have for them. (since i want to see if it would add value to their life as a labrador owner)

So far on that post, i have 8 people that commented well, saying that it would be a brilliant idea.
Now I want to test out the idea.
(What about you? Will you do it it only these many told you they would benefit from it?)

Thats my story in short. Please ask me anything where you need more clarification.

Regards
TheBlaze

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Oitio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Sep 20, 2013
Finland
Test it for sure. People test their products without people saying its a brilliant idea, plus as its said brilliant idea is worth nothing. Test it!

Mexanik

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 4, 2013
Europe
Well, there are too many unknowns to provide any valuable comment. But if you're going to build/implement something that all Labradors can (potentially) make use of, why not think about its marketing value? Perhaps you can use it to further attract attention of your "customers", or even sell it to them?!?

Sent from my GT-I9100

Laubster

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 7, 2013
I heard something on a podcast yesterday about how if you're one of these people who's been dabbling for a year or two and only made a few hundred bucks, you're someone who likes to learn, not execute. It hurt to hear, because I've been tinkering with this stuff since July 2011 and serious about it since March of this year, and only made ~$5,000 or so. I feel like I need to get "Fail Fast" tattoo'ed on my forehead, because I'm really good at SEO but terrified of investing in something that "may not" work out (even though I have a high success rate).

TheBlaze

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Nov 20, 2013
Thanks guys!
Yes, i have acted on that, infact a beta version of the site is up and running.

@Laubster, I'm perfectly cool with criticisms on my performance. Epiphanies are always for the better.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
more often than not, people will say good things and comment positively about an interesting idea that is not real yet, but when it comes to pay money for it, they won't buy. Although comments can be an indicator of interest, only a sales page (or button) will test it for real. I have read Neville Medhora (of AppSumo) used to make a fake sales page just to test how many people would buy their "imaginary" product, after the purchase they would let people know that the product is coming in a few weeks. I haven't tried something so extreme but I thought it's cool and people won't get upset.

TheBlaze

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Nov 20, 2013
@smarty
Wow! thats a brilliant idea to test products.
Will try that within 30 days...

Laubster

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 7, 2013
I have read Neville Medhora (of AppSumo) used to make a fake sales page just to test how many people would buy their "imaginary" product, after the purchase they would let people know that the product is coming in a few weeks.

Tim Ferris talked about this in 4HWW, but there are legalities involved. It's a great idea, but you can get in trouble taking credit card info when there is no product to ship. Pre-sell is a better strategy, where they know upfront the product won't be ready for 8 weeks, but you give them X% off for buying upfront.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Tim Ferris talked about this in 4HWW, but there are legalities involved. It's a great idea, but you can get in trouble taking credit card info when there is no product to ship. Pre-sell is a better strategy, where they know upfront the product won't be ready for 8 weeks, but you give them X% off for buying upfront.

You can actually test it with a fake "Buy Now" button that when people click on it, they are redirected to a page with a message saying "Out of stock" or something along these lines. So there are no legalities involved and if a lot of people visit this "after-purchase" page, you know you could have had X potential buyers and your idea is proved to work. You can track this by setting "Goals" in Google Analytics.
Check out this article for an example: http://www.musechimp.com/testing-a-business-idea/

I am about to test a new product-idea of mine this week with this method :)

Thriftypreneur

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 8, 2013
I have also written two kindle books on amazon that fetched me near about $200.

Not sure why you stopped doing this when it was showing you some results. If 2 books made you $200, 20 books would have made you $2000.

No matter what you're trying, follow-through is a necessary component for success.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
add me on skype I can show you how to monetize your fan page and how to get 0.00 / like to your fan page and getting ten of thousand of fans pretty quickly all of these through FB advertising.

Skype ID: Christopher.Laverdure

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
No matter what you're trying, follow-through is a necessary component for success.

I was inches away from throwing the cards in on a project I've been working on. This one quote forced me to take a look in the mirror.

It's not the project's lack of potential, it's my lack of follow through on the hard stuff.

I took an initial lack of success as an excuse to back out, when really I caused the lack of success by not going all in.

Sometimes, I've got to do what's uncomfortable.

Thanks

TheBlaze

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Nov 20, 2013
@smarty That implementation is absolutely brilliant!

@Thriftypreneur I never thought of it that way! Wow!! I will definitely reassess my goals.

@Laverdure Skype request sent! Awaiting response!

I am currently reading this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0956875653/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

will be finished shortly!
Immediately after which I will be writing a book for kindle platform.

Will let you all know the results in under a month!

Thanks big time guys! Seriously.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...