The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ONE Sale Changes Everything

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I challenge you to get ONE customer.

I never used Google Adwords before.

I built a sales page for my business 3 weeks ago, right after coming up with the idea...and then I didn't go that final 1% of the way where success is.

I published a book, I did some self growth, I explored the mountains of Colorado, went horseback riding through Wyoming. I didn't take action on that thing I KNEW would be the next step on my new business that will finally make me more money. The REAL action.

Do you ever feel that you have your product ready, but you never pull the trigger on that FINAL 1%?

2 days ago I said F$%# it and pulled that trigger on my new business.... and with $32.57 of Google Adwords spend and 2 days of learning later, I got my first customer this morning. It took me about 60 minutes to put up the ads.

I bought paid traffic and sent them to my websites -> My mindset switched and I had success.

paypal.PNG

And since then:
  1. I got my 2nd customer through the same means that I got the first.
  2. I got my 3rd customer in the same way I got the first.
  3. $57/month recurring revenue as long as they stay signed up.
  4. I got a 90 minute long skype crash course in advanced Google Adwords after sharing my success with a friend who is an expert at Google Ads. I learned more in that time frame than I did in any book I ever read. Thank you @Andy Black - more people should pay attention to his postings on here. Gold.
  5. I am actually making progress on my new business..all by taking that one final percent of action.
I wrote this to inspire you.

If you haven't made money through this fastlane stuff yet, in less than 2 days....you are more than capable of accomplishing what I accomplished...by just taking the REAL action.

There is a switch that flips in your mind when you get your first customer. I can't describe it, but I know 100% that it will change your life.

It's funny how simple all this is... By doing this one thing on my last business and putting my work into the market, I had success with that business. I forgot this concept for a while and just re-discovered it on my new business.

Make ONE sale.

If anyone who has been through this before and wants to add to it...I'm all ears to figure out what else I have been missing all along.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dom117

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 17, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
Thanks for all the knowledge and inspiration, Andrew.
Guess I really needed it...
Took two days off from work and already accomplished more than I did in the last couple of months.
-Made a unbounce Landing Page for a conceptual product.(Already exists in other markets)
-Photoshopped some images to make it look like it's real. (Time consuming!)
-Looked for suppliers. (No results here unfortunatly)
-Did some keyword researched and tried to launch a Adwords campaign to see how the product/page would convert. (failed)
-Realised I need to start learning Adwords ASAP.
--Will start a campaign today based on the best 'buy' keywords I can find.

But first I will go trough this pile of Gold:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/andys-adwords-posts.52850/

Looking forward to get to the next level, where the real effort comes in.
Thanks again
Dom

Last edited by a moderator:

Dicky Dee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 25, 2014
I challenge you to get ONE customer.

I never used Google Adwords before.

I built a sales page for my business 3 weeks ago, right after coming up with the idea...and then I didn't go that final 1% of the way where success is.

I published a book, I did some self growth, I explored the mountains of Colorado, went horseback riding through Wyoming. I didn't take action on that thing I KNEW would be the next step on my new business that will finally make me more money. The REAL action.

Do you ever feel that you have your product ready, but you never pull the trigger on that FINAL 1%?

2 days ago I said F$%# it and pulled that trigger on my new business.... and with $32.57 of Google Adwords spend and 2 days of learning later, I got my first customer this morning. It took me about 60 minutes to put up the ads.

I bought paid traffic and sent them to my websites -> My mindset switched and I had success.

View attachment 8221

And since then:
  1. I got my 2nd customer through the same means that I got the first.
  2. I got my 3rd customer in the same way I got the first.
  3. $57/month recurring revenue as long as they stay signed up.
  4. I got a 90 minute long skype crash course in advanced Google Adwords after sharing my success with a friend who is an expert at Google Ads. I learned more in that time frame than I did in any book I ever read. Thank you @Andy Black - more people should pay attention to his postings on here. Gold.
  5. I am actually making progress on my new business..all by taking that one final percent of action.
I wrote this to inspire you.

If you haven't made money through this fastlane stuff yet, in less than 2 days....you are more than capable of accomplishing what I accomplished...by just taking the REAL action.

There is a switch that flips in your mind when you get your first customer. I can't describe it, but I know 100% that it will change your life.

It's funny how simple all this is... By doing this one thing on my last business and putting my work into the market, I had success with that business. I forgot this concept for a while and just re-discovered it on my new business.
Make ONE sale.

If anyone who has been through this before and wants to add to it...I'm all ears to figure out what else I have been missing all along.

Any chance you can make a copy of your skype crash course in google adwords? I would love to learn how to use it for my businesses as you did!

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
I remember taking a picture of the first check I got as down payment on my company's first job. Then there was a second, then third check...

It's exhilarating. The biggest lesson I learned is that to be fastlane, the fulfillment side has to be systematic and easily (or more easily than by business) implemented.

Get to work people, there are millions of people out there waiting to throw money at you.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Right there with you @AndrewNC - it never ceases to amaze me how my mind will do crazy things to avoid going that last 1%, but when I finally do it not only does it feel great (and sales or other positive actions usually result), but I look back and go "why did I wait so long to put up that ad/email that business owner/etc.?"

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Last edited by a moderator:

Ak_CrazyOnion

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Mar 4, 2012
Very inspiring! I should stop hoarding my product ideas and just try to get my first customer. and Commit!

would love a copy of the skype call :D

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I enjoyed the call Andrew. It's pretty much the exact same content as every call I've had over the last couple of months.

We didn't record it, but it seems to really help people cut through the fog and get up and running without having to wade through 300+ page books.

I really should work out how to bottle it and make it available to more people.

We're not learning anything until we take action. We can read books, take lectures, watch videos, but nothing actually comes to life until we have a go ourselves.

Getting your first sale, signup, or phone call from your website is indeed life-changing.

Suddenly everything becomes real. You hear of other people doing it, but you secretly don't believe YOU can do it too. When YOU make that sale, then you're world suddenly opens up.

I experienced that buzz with AdWords in 2009 when my brother-in-law rang me to tell me he'd had a phone call. To this day, I still get a buzz when I hear someone get excited seeing their first ad running on Google.

When you create your first ad, and see it running, you'll be excited.

When you see the first few impressions of your ad and realise OTHER people are seeing your ad, you'll get excited.

When you get your first click and realise that someone has (finally!) visited your website, you'll get excited.

When you get a conversion, you're world has just changed.

Andrew was already running his campaign before we'd chatted, and he'd already got his first sale. But he'll be the first to admit he was putting obstacles in his own way so that he'd not ramp it up. Like saying he'd have to install and learn CPV Labs. And install and learn Analytics. Boll@x to that. :) You don't need that to get up and running. If you spent $10 yesterday and bought 10 clicks, and had 1 sale for $5, then that's all the stats you need to get started.

People are intimidated buying traffic, and hear horror stories of people losing their shirt with AdWords in particular. It's true... there's a "stupid user tax". You have to set things up right or you're going to get taken to the cleaners.

However, there ARE very simple ways to get up and running quickly so that you DON'T lose your shirt (or worry about losing your shirt), and so that you can get some skin in the game.

Until you're dipping your hand in your pocket and paying for traffic, you're not learning anything really. It's all an academic exercise up till then.

And guaranteed, when Andrew goes and re-reads my posts or whatever AdWords books he has on his desk, he's going to "see" them totally differently now.

TL;DR?

Awesome work Andrew, and thanks for writing it up to inspire others to overcome their fear of actually getting their first sale and making their dreams real.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
he was putting obstacles in his own way so that he'd not ramp it up.
Perfectly said. If nobody gets anything from this thread, it is this.

Grandiose thoughts - I thought I would have to spend thousands of dollars before seeing any sales, and that doing Google Search vs Google Display would make me go broke with higher CPCs.... Andy re-framed that limiting belief almost immediately.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I didn't start this thread to talk about my experience.... I want to challenge any of you who haven't made a sale yet to take this challenge. Spend $30...90...100 on adwords and see how many sales you get.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
I didn't start this thread to talk about my experience.... I want to challenge any of you who haven't made a sale yet to take this challenge. Spend $30...90...100 on adwords and see how many sales you get.
Doing it right now with a new venture. Ran an ad yesterday, .05 conversion rate at an average #4 position on google (only 2 clicks). Changed the copy tonight and increased CPC bid, hope tomorrow is a little better.

To everyone else, just f'in do it! Fail, adjust, move on.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Any takers?

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
upload_2014-9-16_23-10-20.png

lol knock $21.75 off that price and we have a deal. I was actually in the process of buying it until I saw that one cost $31.75

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I just lost $128

Ok - maybe I'll include some progress in this thread....

I made my one sale on google display. Andy brought me over to the other side -google search.

I just spent $128 on ad spend on display because I forgot to turn it off. No conversions.

Lesson learned. But the good news is i'm about to launch a new ad campaign :)

Ak_CrazyOnion

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Mar 4, 2012
What are the next steps you can take in order to achieve this?

I should choose one idea I have a gut feel about and go for it, build a landing page, run a campaign and see if I can get my first customer...
thanks for asking about the next step :) its making me think a little more about it...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I should choose one idea I have a gut feel about and go for it, build a landing page, run a campaign and see if I can get my first customer...
thanks for asking about the next step :) its making me think a little more about it...
I have about 50 landing page templates on my computer- shoot me a message if you would like one to save time on that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.