The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

October 2015 Canton Fair - Who is going?

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Three more months until the Canton Fair in China.

Who is going?
What phase?
What hotel?

Anyone like to meet up? If so, let's coordinate. This will be my first time going. I am a mandarin speaker and can help us get around.

Round trip airfare from NY is only $600!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
I have to visit one of the manufactures in Shenzhen. Canton Fair is in Guangzhou.

I would like to stay in Hong Kong. Anyone know if traveling from Hong Kong to Guangzhou or Shenzhen is far? Difficult? Expensive?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I have to visit one of the manufactures in Shenzhen. Canton Fair is in Guangzhou.

I would like to stay in Hong Kong. Anyone know if traveling from Hong Kong to Guangzhou or Shenzhen is far? Difficult? Expensive?

According to Google, it's 4 hours:

3oSdMPH.png

saigon

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 25, 2011
NYC/CT/GA

It's not too bad. Here's the schedule and pricing (KTT has nicer seats in 1st class and "wifi" but didn't work when I went a few months back): http://www.it3.mtr.com.hk/B2C/frmScheduleGuangdong.asp?strLang=Eng

If you are planning on going to the fair daily, though, I would not stay in HK the whole time. Best to stay locally at a hotel or hostel if you're budget conscious.

Enjoy - reach out to me if you have any questions on the experience, etc.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I might be going over to the Hong Kong electronics fair in mid October. Not sure yet but I will post a thread if I decide to go so we could have a meet up over there for dinner and drinks again.

cylonbc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Sep 17, 2014
Hong Kong & Vancouver, BC
I live and work in Hong Kong, and I also have a company in Shenzhen. To go to Shenzhen the easiest way is to take the MTR to the boarder and cross from there. It takes around 2 hours, more or less depending of where you are leaving from in Hong Kong. Another option is to take a bus but I am not too familiar with that option.

To go to Guangzhou you can take the train which will take you about three hours if my memory serves me right. If you are going to Guangzhou from Shenzhen, you can take the high speed train from Shenzhen North Station to Guangzhou South Station which takes 40mn to arrive.

Good luck with the trip!

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
I'll be attending phase 2 for 3 days. It probably does not make sense to stay in Hong Kong then. I ended up booking the Phoenix city hotel in Guangzhou for the 3 days.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
I'll be living in Taipei starting from next month so I'll finally go, Phase 2.

crockbar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jul 5, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I went in April - not going in October. The show isn't what it used to be. At least in my category (home decor)

I used to take a train from Hong Kong to Guangzhou...took about 2-2.5 hours which includes crossing the border. Shenzhen would cut a lot of time off since you're already in China. In April I took a car from HK to Guangzhou - still 2.5 to 3 hours. If it means anything to you I always preferred to stay in HK and suck up the travel time...

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
I went in April - not going in October. The show isn't what it used to be. At least in my category (home decor)

I used to take a train from Hong Kong to Guangzhou...took about 2-2.5 hours which includes crossing the border. Shenzhen would cut a lot of time off since you're already in China. In April I took a car from HK to Guangzhou - still 2.5 to 3 hours. If it means anything to you I always preferred to stay in HK and suck up the travel time...

It would be nice to live in HK through out the whole trip but I'm on a budget. HK hotel is more expensive, the transportation to Guangzhou can also be expensive if I need to commute 2 or 3 days. I will go to HK on the last 2 days of my trip.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Booked my flight just now from Oct 22 - Oct 31. I know its still a couple months out but PM me if anyone want to meet up!

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Booked my flight just now from Oct 22 - Oct 31. I know its still a couple months out but PM me if anyone want to meet up!

Just booked my flight to HK the week before to get a VISA. Will probably arrive during the 24th-25th weekend.

Anyone else going?

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Leaving in 2 days.

Anyone else going?

You guys can add me on wechat, whatsapp, kakaotalk, LINE at 732-853-four844