The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

NYC Meetup Thread + Mastermind

Mark Anthony Le

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2011
NY, New York
Whats up folks!

ANYONE WHO IS LIVING IN NYC should join this group.

Lets create a on-going meetup for the NYC fastlaners. Something where we can always hold each other accountable i.e. creating a mastermind.

Before I set up any dates, I just wanted to make sure the NYC brahs are down.

Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Manhattan brothers are all welcome!

Let me know if anyone is down for one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
I'm in NJ as well, but doing most of my work on my fast lane business in NYC, so I'm there about 3-4 nights a week.

I would definitely be down for meeting up.

Mark Anthony Le

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2011
NY, New York

Ronnie

Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 18, 2013
New York
I'm in Long Island, would love to do this.

Mark Anthony Le

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2011
NY, New York
I'm in Long Island, would love to do this.
That's awesome!

Send me your info. I'll try and get everything up and running.

Even if it means all of us meeting up and working together (our own projects but in an environment that we're all working) or just grabbing drinks and brainstorming ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Anthony Le

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2011
NY, New York

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
Is this more for established entrepreneurs or for people just starting out without any business running? If it's the later I'll definitely be down, I have no one in my social circle who is aligned with the fastlane mentality and this would be great.

Mark Anthony Le

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2011
NY, New York
Is this more for established entrepreneurs or for people just starting out without any business running? If it's the later I'll definitely be down, I have no one in my social circle who is aligned with the fastlane mentality and this would be great.

Experienced or not, if you're in NYC and you want accountability, meet ups, or just hang out for drinks with like minded people, this is the group!

d.weglarz13

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 2, 2014
Long Island here would love to meet up. Sounds great.
Dave

Blhhi

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 23, 2014
Definitely interested, but what are the meetups going to be like?

A forum member set up a little meetup in Canada not too long ago (don't know how well it went) where the guys were going to hang out and discuss their established businesses in specific, giving insight and whatever. There were going to be a few experienced guys and some young guys, but nobody who wasn't already on the grind. Is that how this is gonna be?

I'm almost guaranteed to attend every meeting if there's going to be a concrete idea behind this, but it's just personally not my thing to go hang out with a bunch of guys just to make friends (but I respect it if that's what you're after). I find you're more likely to make good connections while doing real work than while hanging out and talking about doing real work. Killers don't do that. They're too busy getting money to talk about it with people unless there's a good point, usually. If I'm gonna hang out with people, I personally want them to be guys that are killing it.

If this isn't quite that serious, that's cool. Good luck with it either way. But if it is, I'm in.

Mark Anthony Le

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2011
NY, New York
It's going to be a mixture of both. Hopefully when things get rolling, we'll be having two events.

The first event is simply to meet up with everyone and introduce one another. In a way where we're all glad that we're amongst like-minded individuals who are and want to succeed.

But all in all this is an accountability/mastermind group. We'll meet and work together but individually. We'll bounce ideas off one another. We'll ask for help with one another. Essentially, we'll be one another's support system.

You don't have to be wealthy to join and you don't have to be poor to join.

Laptops in a coffee shop setting with eletrical outlets will be amongst one of the things we'll frequent.

Definitely interested, but what are the meetups going to be like?

A forum member set up a little meetup in Canada not too long ago (don't know how well it went) where the guys were going to hang out and discuss their established businesses in specific, giving insight and whatever. There were going to be a few experienced guys and some young guys, but nobody who wasn't already on the grind. Is that how this is gonna be?

I'm almost guaranteed to attend every meeting if there's going to be a concrete idea behind this, but it's just personally not my thing to go hang out with a bunch of guys just to make friends (but I respect it if that's what you're after). I find you're more likely to make good connections while doing real work than while hanging out and talking about doing real work. Killers don't do that. They're too busy getting money to talk about it with people unless there's a good point, usually. If I'm gonna hang out with people, I personally want them to be guys that are killing it.

If this isn't quite that serious, that's cool. Good luck with it either way. But if it is, I'm in.

Lagron

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 8, 2013
New Jersey
30 or less mins away from NYC...count myself in.

...whos running this, how many members do we have, and when can we expect the first meet?

PM me with details, I suggest we get a list of those joining/contact info and a uniform method of communication for meetings to be setup etc.

PM me with details...I can freely help make this happen if you want help.

Npl9

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Dec 27, 2014
I go to school in Poughkeepsie most of the year so I'd be interested.

NYCGoblin

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 14, 2014
New York
I live in The Bronx and would also be interested.

GreatestManEver

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 19, 2014
NYC
Whats up folks!

ANYONE WHO IS LIVING IN NYC should join this group.

Lets create a on-going meetup for the NYC fastlaners. Something where we can always hold each other accountable i.e. creating a mastermind.

Before I set up any dates, I just wanted to make sure the NYC brahs are down.

Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Manhattan brothers are all welcome!

Let me know if anyone is down for one.

NYC here, I might be interested in this, I believe that in the end we all need to find the will power and discipline to keep our self accountable, most people will let you down, but an extra push is also always helpful, fair warning I push hard.

Lagron

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 8, 2013
New Jersey
Can we meet already- sheesh.

CosMoen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!