The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Now dedicated to mastering copy. Here is my reading list. Any tips?

Marketing, social media, advertising

ffp504

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 31, 2014
My day job has been in sales for over 8 years now. Jumping from company to company, industry to industry. Both b2b & b2c, inside and outside. I am burning out chasing pay plans and selling for someone else.

My goal is to master copywriting and utilize it as a driving force for all of my current & future slowlane & fastlane projects.

Being in sales I am able to grasp a lot of the concepts of basic copywriting. Its fascinating to read about sales techniques I have been taught and personally discovered over the years but had no idea why they worked. The psychology of sales is most interesting.

I am not very interested in writing copy that is designed to only grab attention and maintain a brands place in the consumer's mind. I am interested in closing sales. Yes, direct response.

Here is my book list which were recommended to me by copywriters and etc. marketing pros:

1. Kick-a$$ Copywriting Secrets of a Marketing Rebel - completed (great)
  2. This book will teach you to write better - completed (sucked)
  3. Direct mail copy that sells! - currently reading (damn good so far)
  4. Copyblogger.com free ebook series - currently reading (good so far)
  5. Tested Advertising Methods
  6. The Adweek Copywriting Handbook: The Ultimate Guide to Writing Powerful...
  7. Advertising secrets of the written word
  8. Break though advertising
  9. Words That Work: It's Not What You Say, It's What People Hear
  10. Ogilvy on Advertising
  11. My Life in Advertising and Scientific Advertising
  12. How to Write a Good Advertisement
  13. Persuasive Online Copywriting: How to Take Your Words to the Bank
  14. The Irresistible Offer: How to Sell Your Product or Service in 3 Seconds or Less

If anyone can add or subtract a book or course from this list please let me know and provide a reason why.
I intend to eventually post book reviews with important take aways from each book I read.

I understand I need to not just read but write so I will be writing for a number of projects I am juggling which most require good copy to work. Someone suggested that I pick up some fivvr gigs as practice.

I am sure some of you out there have been through this same learning phase. Any tips are greatly appreciated. I hope I can meet some like minded people here and really bring to life the learning process.

Thanks for reading. Now talk to me. lol

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.