The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Not fastlane - Ebay reseller - Raising Money for bigger prospects.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Hey guys,

So I've made an intro thread recently in INSIDERS section, but for those of the open public who don't know me yet, my name is Michael, I have a PT Job that gives me barely any hours and I also sell on Ebay which is slowly turning into the full time wage at less than 15 hours per week doing work!.

I'm 21 years old, I wasted all my teen years playing World of Warcraft with no dreams or goals until I read TMF . Best eye opening piece of art I have ever laid eyes upon. Anyway, to the point.

I will be using this as my Ebay progress thread and allow you guys to keep updated with what I'm up to, lessons learnt, fails, and achievements I've gained via ebay.

I am so aware that ebay is not fastlane, but can be in-between fastlane and slowlane if done properly. Luckily this is simply to raise money to do better things.

Right now, I focus mainly reselling profitable items that I find in thrift stores ect, I also buy from gumtree and I buy on facebook groups.

Perhaps in near future I may decide I wish to build my own brand and start to order via alibaba or one of them websites.

For now I will focus on pure hustling and reselling used goods.

What do I sell?:
I sell mainly clothing, but I also sell anything from guitars to bike to game boards. I keep my knowledge base open and buy literally anything that I think will make some good $$.

How long have you been selling?:
I've been selling since march this year.

How much do you make?:
Currently I'm averaging 300 - 400 per week which is not much, most of the money I made I put it straight back into buying more things to sell and use that money to grow my number of listings. More listings = more sales.

How many hours do you put in?:
I put in very little hours, 10 max as I have someone who lists my auctions for me and I pay that person 1.50 per auction they list.

All I do is go out, collect items, bring them home and take photos and measure ect. But soon I'll be getting someone to do that as well.

GOAL: To hit 500 auctions by the end of this year which should clear 1k per week with little effort.
current: 170 listed items.

Feel free to ask me questions, I must say before you ask that I'm not a expert and certainly not super skilled yet, but I can answer your basic questions and provide some tips if you're just getting started.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
Do you spend a lot of time preparing the items for post, packaging them and also calculating tax?

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Hey man, I've also wasted my teen years playing World of Warcraft. Although it was fun, I didn't realize how much damage It did to me mentally. I would lock myself in and play for hours on end, daily. I eventually got really depressed. Well enough about that lol

Here is my question, you say you "buy literally anything that I think will make some good $$."How do you identify products with profitable margins worth selling? Do you just guess that a certain product will sell and you take a gamble and make a purchase?

It seems like I can never find a profitable product to sell especially after my margins are eaten up by shipping and fees when it comes to reselling.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Do you spend a lot of time preparing the items for post, packaging them and also calculating tax?

Posting is probably the most easiest part of using Ebay, Once you start getting many orders per day you can find some software for shipping which allows you to print multiple listings at once so you don't have to go through ebay sold section manually.

Basically, it's a 3 click process: Print postage label > Select postage and alter address if required > Print

As for taxes, I have not started to calculate it yet, I know stupid me. But, Ebay also keeps a record of sales each month and you can use that to show tax department how much you sold in that month, how much ebay takes ect.
I keep every receipt I get and every piece of paper from each item that has the cost of the item. Which you can also show to tax as proof of how much you payed for the item. I'm sure tax for ebay only taxes the profit.

As for the packaging itself, I have satchels I order via ebay online, delivered to my door. I charge 8.25 shipping, even for more than 3 items it remains the same price as I'm friendly with everyone in the post office.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Hey man, I've also wasted my teen years playing World of Warcraft. Although it was fun, I didn't realize how much damage It did to me mentally. I would lock myself in and play for hours on end, daily. I eventually got really depressed. Well enough about that lol

Here is my question, you say you "buy literally anything that I think will make some good $$."How do you identify products with profitable margins worth selling? Do you just guess that a certain product will sell and you take a gamble and make a purchase?

It seems like I can never find a profitable product to sell especially after my margins are eaten up by shipping and fees when it comes to reselling.

I know exactly what you mean, when I first started I didn't know much at all about what was worth what. Generally, it's a lot of research and I do admit sometimes I take a gamble on what to buy because it looks like something that will sell.

Something I've learned about selling, is everything can sell.. for the right price.
I target well known designer brands mainly as people love names. It gives them a sense of importance. So example, a ralph lauren shirt which I pay 8.25 for, I can sell that for 29 - 35 $ sometimes more depending on the condition / looks / ect.

I best tip when starting ebay is to just look up everything you see.
Ways to do this: Ebay app.
Search your product in the app, and set your preference to sold items and used.
Chances are your item will be there and it can give you a idea of what your item can sell for.

Another app I use is called Terapeak: It's a monthly sub of 29$. But, as i'm going to order from manufacturers off alibaba it's also great for checking competition. You can look up items in terapeak and see how many are being sold, the sell rate, the price, competitors whom are selling it and if it's a hot product and low comp, then chances are it's a good find and worthy to test selling. just make sure you get samples first as mentioned on ecoms post.

General gut feeling works for me aswell, sometimes I see an item which i know nothing about and think "ooh this looks like it'll sell for heaps", i pick it up and try my luck. But don't do that too often as sometimes even i've lost out.

Eventually after some practice, you'll be able to price everything even if you don't know the worth of the item!.

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Very interesting strategy. How were you able to find a Ralph Lauren shirt worth $8.25? I would guess those kind of finds are rare? or are they common?

When you search for well known designer brands and you actually find a cheap deal, would you still buy it if the size is XXL, or a odd size that nobody fits? I would assume odd sizes would not sale as not many people would fit them.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Terapeak is very good. We used it for years and you can get a lot of highly profitable data from it. We used it to pick competitors 10 best selling lines then do the research to see if there is any margin bringing in similar products to compete. If the margin was sufficient allowing for a drop in price to allow for the increased competition we would source it and create a better listing which more attractive pictures and better copy.

Terapeak was worth it's weight in gold.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Very interesting strategy. How were you able to find a Ralph Lauren shirt worth $8.25? I would guess those kind of finds are rare? or are they common?

When you search for well known designer brands and you actually find a cheap deal, would you still buy it if the size is XXL, or a odd size that nobody fits? I would assume odd sizes would not sale as not many people would fit them.

Any size and EVERY size.

some people are very self conscious of themselves and prefer to buy online, some are in remote locations and cannot get to a city to buy these brands.

Ralph Lauren is a very common find for me, since I'm in Australia seem's to be these shirts everywhere.

As for bigger sizes / odd sizes ect.. They sell excellently!.

Places to source items: Garage sales, Gumtree desperate people, Craigslist, Thrift stores like salvation army ect. And flea markets are great too!, i bought a laptop 4 weeks ago for 10$, it was working but keyboard was not, so spare parts.. I still got 100 $ for it.

Recently I sold golf bag + clubs for 100$, I bought for 20$ in a thrift store. ( that was a risk as I know nothing about golf ), but It payed off!.

I know, some of you may think "this guy may be talking poo" so, I'll just link todays sales thus far and provide some proof that I do make sales. =)

Attachments

• sales.png
    sales.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 65

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Terapeak is very good. We used it for years and you can get a lot of highly profitable data from it. We used it to pick competitors 10 best selling lines then do the research to see if there is any margin bringing in similar products to compete. If the margin was sufficient allowing for a drop in price to allow for the increased competition we would source it and create a better listing which more attractive pictures and better copy.

Terapeak was worth it's weight in gold.

I agree!, It's brilliant and also seeing how well they do in sales as well, you can check their sales for anytime in the year.

I'm still very new to tarapeak ( have been using for 1 week so far, and I've gotten value already ). Perhaps if you have time, you could provide me some tips on how to find my way around it a little?. I've looked at tutorial videos, but not many go into a lot of depth.

Regards,
mike

mgore714

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 3, 2012
So example, a ralph lauren shirt which I pay 8.25 for, I can sell that for 29 - 35 $ sometimes more depending on the condition / looks / ect.

Are you selling knockoffs? Or are you buying gently used items and then selling? If the former then quit this "business" now. Otherwise good luck and keep scaling.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Are you selling knockoffs? Or are you buying gently used items and then selling? If the former then quit this "business" now. Otherwise good luck and keep scaling.

I never sell knock-offs. As I don't want to risk any neg feedback or unhappy customers.

I always look for RN numbers, serials, and if I buy a high end item that looks like it could be fake, I'll check the internet for how to tell if it's fake or not. Generally, ralph lauren shirts I don't often find fakes.. and if i do, generally there's no serial and really you can tell by quality of the material.

Another thing I do with ebay is I always follow up with my customers and make sure they're happy with their items.
I also ask for their feedback and ask if there's anything I can do to improve my auctions to make them want to buy more. Doing so, I build a connection with them, and they get a sense of importance because they get to feel like they have an impact on my selling.

Doing that strategy landed me a sale during the conversation and I also got his feedback on how I can improve my sales by adding a photo of how I measure the items. I will implement this with future auctions and see how it goes.

Also following up with them allows them to see that you have other items, and they may potentially buy another product like one of my customers did today ^_^.

All about customer service !.

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
used to do this in high school..great hustle. props for taking action and understanding that you have to start somewhere.

ebay is great to learn customer service, how to research competitors, etc.

How much do you make?:
Currently I'm averaging 300 - 400 per week which is not much, most of the money I made I put it straight back into buying more things to sell and use that money to grow my number of listings

profit or total sales? ever considered quitting the PT job and going full time with it? could be a good move to fully dedicate yourself.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
used to do this in high school..great hustle. props for taking action and understanding that you have to start somewhere.

ebay is great to learn customer service, how to research competitors, etc.

profit or total sales? ever considered quitting the PT job and going full time with it? could be a good move to fully dedicate yourself.

In the last month I decided to get more serious about it and set a goal for 500 listed items. I was at 60 listed last month, and this month i'm at 150 with 80 more things sitting here to get done tonight.

I'm definitely going to take it more seriously and aim for about 10 - 15k per month.

most of that was profit, as i spend less than 10$ per item most the time.

I really need to start adding up what I make, I know.. stupid move.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Update:

I just want to speak a little more in-depth about customer service and how damn important this is... Now I'm not sure how many ebay sellers really take time to interact with their customers, but today I spoke to two of my customers asking for feedback and what I can do to improve my service whilst also relating to them on a humane level.

The book how to win friends and influence people - Dale Carnegie. I think anyone who wants to learn a little psychology behind their sales should definitely read into this book as it not only relates to how to win people, but also it gives you an idea of how pretty much everybody works.

Today, I took some time to start applying these methods, by showing recent customers whom bought from me how much i care about their feedback and opinions. I gave them each a chance to potentially impact my business on ebay by sharing their thoughts and opinions. I also learnt a way from one customer on what I could do instead of just writing measurements on my clothing, I instead should do a picture explaining how items are measured. I will apply that and see if it is effective.

For their time and valued feedback, I offered one seller free shipping on an item he was interested in, and express post free of charge for the other customer.

Want to know the best part?. they BOTH bought from me today a second time.

Showing that you value people, and that they matter to you is certainly so important.. I've always focused to hard on how i can improve my CS, and it is effective as I always have return customers who come back a second, and even a third time.

If any of you are interested in building a brand like I am.. This will be my method.

It's not multiple customers who brings you all the business, It's the multiple customers who return. And you don't have to have the best product in the world, because the customer service is what matters most and they will feel like they want to say thank you, and to do that some will show it by buying from you again and again.

Mike.

Blhhi

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 23, 2014
First of all, this is a great post. I've been doing reselling on craigslist in my area, and it's been not so great, but it keeps my money up. I'm avoiding ebay because I've been F*cked a couple of times. People buying items and then never paying, and then ebay charges that stupid fee even though I made no money.

Second, you should read The Thank You Economy by Gary Vaynerchuk. He talks a lot about the ideas you're exploring with customer service, and might give you a little more insight into using that to convert even more sales. Good job with that stuff so far. My customers are usually quite friendly via text/email, but I'm not a friendly guy so I try to keep our interactions as brief as possible. I guess it's worth a try getting their feedback after a sale.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
First of all, this is a great post. I've been doing reselling on craigslist in my area, and it's been not so great, but it keeps my money up. I'm avoiding ebay because I've been F*cked a couple of times. People buying items and then never paying, and then ebay charges that stupid fee even though I made no money.

Second, you should read The Thank You Economy by Gary Vaynerchuk. He talks a lot about the ideas you're exploring with customer service, and might give you a little more insight into using that to convert even more sales. Good job with that stuff so far. My customers are usually quite friendly via text/email, but I'm not a friendly guy so I try to keep our interactions as brief as possible. I guess it's worth a try getting their feedback after a sale.

The thing with ebay is, yeah it can be a pain in the a$$ when people don't pay. But, simply open a case.. wait an awful 2 weeks basically, and you'll get your money back on the fee's.

What I do is, I message the buyer and if I get no response, I open a case.
But as I state in description; If the pay isn't received within 4 days, I will re-list the item even if im still waiting.
If they leave neg feedback, I open a case against it. Never happened yet!. But that's how I handle it so my sales aren't effected.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I agree!, It's brilliant and also seeing how well they do in sales as well, you can check their sales for anytime in the year.

I'm still very new to tarapeak ( have been using for 1 week so far, and I've gotten value already ). Perhaps if you have time, you could provide me some tips on how to find my way around it a little?. I've looked at tutorial videos, but not many go into a lot of depth.

Regards,
mike

I'll PM you when I get some time on the weekend.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Little update:

I've left my part time job to focus more on my ebay.

I have two illegal employee's, one is my friend whom I pay 1.50 per auction listed. I began her training this weekend and she's doing so much better than i anticipated. Took her literally 10 listings to get the hang of it and she lists them as I would.

Basically, I sort the photo's in numbers and write on the listing template a number.
EG: item one is a ralph lauren shirt. on the paper it says 1 - 7.
She will go to the photo, select photo's 1 to 7 and upload, and they upload in order for her easily so all she has to do is rotate the photo's and crop if required.

Employee 2 starts next week - she is a friend of my friend. She will be coming over on sundays and taking photo's of the items for me. Once I work up to listing 150 per week, she will most likely come over on other days as she's quitting her job soon due to a job that pays better and requires less hours.
I will be paying her about 15 per hour providing she can take at-least photo's for 12 items per hour giving her a timer for 5 min each photo.

Yesterday I also opened a basic ebay store for 19.95 per month which includes 200 free listings and a feature which is a list until canceled. I can also mark percentages off my items as well.

Fee calculated estimated that I should save about half of the fee's for ebay by having a store.

The aim which I wrote down was to have 500 listed by the end of the year. But I think the psychology of the goal has made me push myself further and I'm sure I will hit over 600 with ease.

I will keep everybody posted!

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Hello hello,

So it's been a few weeks since my last reply on this thread. I thought I would update you guys on what i've been up to lately.

So as some of you may have seen, I did purchase a domain from bluehost and I'm well aware I didn't need to spend that much, but I thought it would give me a chance to learn something. My goal for this website is to make a blog/podcast/community forum based on the topic of reselling and ebay/importing all the things involved. Somewhere I can write, and interview the people who have been successful at it so others may get some insight.
Currently, I'm still outsourcing somebody on oDesk or Elance, so that project is pending for now.

Ebay has been doing quite okay, I took some of @RazorCut advise and applying it into action. By the way, thank you once again Razor, I highly appreciate it!.

So with ebay, it has allowed me to not have to work a job, and I don't put near as many hours into it as I would a full-time job anyway. I'm grateful to have all this spare time to myself and not have to slave the 9-5. But as humans, we will always strive for more as it's in our nature to be greedy.

I realized doing all this, I have not focused on any forms of passive income, although ebay is SOMEWHAT passive, it's still not a once off.

Which brings me to my kindle project.

My goal for kindle is to completely outsource ghost writers and publish 200 books by the end of next year.

What have I achieved so far?.
Last night - Created my kindle publishing account - Set up my tax information - created my job post for oDesk.
Today - interviews. ( I have one girl who looks promising, as she has a 5 star book on kindle with 23 reviews. She writes fantasy.) She's a little more expensive ( 15 per hour, but I'm going to see how much I can talk her down, and i have mentioned I will be after a long term writer ).

I think sometimes it's not so bad to pay a little extra if it means getting quality. Another thing is she can take up to 3 weeks to get a book finished, but it's also because she does her research and adds a lot of plots and twists.

I'm hiring a few different writers.
One for non-fiction ( health, fitness, bodybuilding ).
One for fantasy fiction ( vampires, lycan, mystery ) ect.
and one for romance and adult erotica short stories.

I've figured that they are the most popular topics that people would read.

So right now is interview time, and finding a good ghostwriter won't be easy. But, in due time.. I hope to see my money make my money back.

I will try to focus on good keywording for the titles, and a cover which will draw eyes in, I will try different pricing, ect to get it right and bring in sales.
So hopefully, i can come back here in the next month and update a few sales and what I've succeeded at / failed at.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
SIgh.

Been some time since my last post and looking at that previous one - I can say what a load of shit talk. But I'm guessing most of you knew that.

Needless to say; I'm still here and I haven't given up nor plan to.

So a lot as happened since that post and no, I never ended up writing books or doing any of that actually. In-fact, I feel Kindle is just another way to chase easy money. And I, was chasing easy money.

Sure, pump out 200 books of bullshit.. Sounds legit, I'm sure with the recent amazon changes.. that they would make so much ( not ).

So what happened with kindle:

I published one book. It was dog shit.. that writer with 23 reviews couldn't write for shit. I had no clue how to even market my books back then let alone publish 200 of them to fail hahahaha.

I did learn some valuable lessons though such as the whole process of making a cover, publishing the book and attempting to market it. Kindle is great, don't get me wrong but it still lacks control and Amazon will always be in charge.

What happened with Ebay:

Ebay... Ebay.... Ebay........ The word itself makes me mad. And the customers on it make me even more furious.

Some people, no matter how much you try are impossible to please. Even when the problem is out of your control ( Postage service for example ).

So ebay is still going, but I'm no longer listing and frankly, I'm letting it die out. I ended up doing 4000 a month from ebay selling secondhand clothing and various other things. Then, around June... I noticed my sales rapidly decreasing from out of no where. It's now at the point where I'm making just over 500 a month from it. It's picking up a little now but I think that's because it's Christmas time.

So, I was doing 4k yes.. I listed more items and it appears I ended up doing even less.

If i do end up doing anymore ebay, I'll just be listing suits and not wasting my time with the lesser priced junk.

I did however do a lot of selling of items in FACEBOOK groups. One of them items being a camera set and lenses which I bought for 1.5k
I ended up making 2k profit from the camera and lenses and this is my best flip yet. ( All sold on facebook! )

What I'll do about making extra money:

Pretty simple actually.

I'm just going to go to the flea market once a week for 5 hours - 6 hours and just sell second hand stuff and make money this way.

I went 3 times before I left for europe and managed to clear 300 in profit each time which is enough to live off along with paying my bills and eating.

One week, I did 500 dollars profit which was great for the rate of 100 ph. Not to brag or anything, but you guys should definitely try selling at flea markets if you want to make quick and easy money ( yes, it is easy money believe me! )

What I've been doing recently:

Fiverr gigs! - Yep, I've been promoting for people on fiverr and making money this way and it has been doing better than my ebay. Since US currency is way better than my AUD. I was able to make 200 USD the other night... well, would have made 200 USD if facebook didn't block me from posting into groups on both accounts.

This is where I learned How important control is, but how much people will throw their money at you when you provide value !

I finally figured out how to add value on a higher demand and word of mouth was getting around to the point where I would be able to do 100 or more a night from Fiverr gigs!. Can you scale it? - hell yeah! - 100 a night would have been just the beginning... Word of mouth is so powerful is what I've learned.

But, all good things must come to an end.. And due to LACK OF CONTROL I got burned by Facebook.

Which leaves me to my next thing to learn: Control ( as i've said so many times )

And this is what entrepreneurship is all about!

Making those mistakes and slowly figuring it out and just putting the pieces of the puzzle together.. Combining it all into one and turning it into something successful!

So yes, I figured out how to add value on a larger scale, but I lacked control!

So what do I do now?:

I learn to work on gaining control and then combining the two together so that I can add value on a larger scale whilst remaining in control.

See, it all fits together.

Failure is just so great, and I love it. I will fail until I succeed.. I have nothing to lose!, I have nothing. But I can gain much more.

Aside from this, I'm in Europe right now and I have been for the last 3 months.

I'm in Copenhagen and going to London, Berlin, Belgium and Budapest..

If anyone may want to meet up, let me know - I'm always down for meeting some new people.

SmilingFrog

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 23, 2015
Nice mate! Thanks for the progress thread, great to see another fellow Australian hustling onto the fast lane. Best of luck! Will be following this thread :)

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
Aight, so like - Fiverr was a shitstorm as I said earlier.

Ebay is picking up a little since christmas time is near and since I have no Fiverr anymore, I've decided to just start trying to build an affiliate website.

Now, I know that they take some time and they don't always work out, but I've looked into keywords and I feel I have a good niche to enter into. Similar sites are ranking which is a good sign google would rank me too.

My Facebook page as mentioned in another post is at about 1300 likes now, but engagement dies once I stop running ads. Oh well, it's not anything major to focus on in this point of time, just something I wanted to do for fun :).

So, for now I guess I'll finish designing the layout of my wordpress website ( I'm using REhub ) Great theme if anyone is into affiliate sites.

And for those who don't like paying for their websites. I have an awesome website I use which you can download most themes for free.

You can find free themes here: http://theme123.net/

They also have addons and everything. I'm not affiliated with these guys in any way so I'm not trying to promote here; Don't worry.

So the plan is to get the site layout finished.

Write about 30 - 50 articles (Myself) of about 500 - 1500 words each. ( The bigger the article, the more keywords you can rank for ).

Each article will ofcourse not have excessive use of each keyword I choose.

The SEO Will be done with Moz.

I'm targeting smaller keywords with less searches per month. Why?, well - I don't want to do what everyone else is doing for one.

Most people say a main keyword should be between 2000 - 3000 search per month. Well, I would be happy to target a keyword of 500 - 1500 searches per month.

Since I plan to have tons of articles, I'll target all the keywords with 50 - 500, even lower. Please remember, that all of these keywords will add up; if you have targeted a bunch of smaller longtail keywords of 10 - 20, and you have targeted say, 50 of these smaller keywords in various articles.. You can still get a good few hundred more organic searches per month just from doing this. Basically what I'm saying it - Don't ignore the small keywords, they matter too.

Of course I'll target larger keywords If I can get my hands on em', but I'm happy to write articles myself and enjoy the grind of it. I don't think I'll hire writers as I really can't trust their quality over my own.. And I want MY voice on this website, MY style.. Not some cheap shitty article for 5 dollars.

Now I am aware, you wont always rank for every keyword you target, this is why you write longer articles! - The longer the articles, the more chance you will even rank for keywords you didn't even plan on ranking for. :).

Until then, I'll get back to you all once I get the design and such done.

Mikhail Joseph

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2014
Australia
I'm still at it!

I have still yet to go and finish the articles but honestly after returning back from Europe on the 15th of Jan I've struggled pretty bad with keeping up with my rent and bills..

when you're stressed out worrying if you can afford the next bill it becomes very hard to focus on anything really; atleast for me anyway.

So, I needed to start making money.. and I needed to make it fast.

I started off by selling my motorbike for 8000 AUD and with that money I used it to purchase myself a van. I figured, if you have a van you have a job right?. Definitely right!

The competition is saturated in terms of deliveries and van jobs, but if you know a little bit about advertising yourself I can guarantee you'll get work.

I started by going to Gumtree and posting my ad, followed by purchasing a top post spot for 7 days.. It cost me about 27 dollars.

Each day, I also bump my ad to the first page so this way I keep myself as the first to be seen. It cost 3 dollars each time but well worth it, staying above the competition will get you customers..

Most people who do van deliveries are old men or middle aged Indian guys who have no clue how to use a computer let alone market themselves hahaha. And that was not intended to sound racist at all!

I also posted by services on Facebook groups within my areas which I want to work.

within the next day, I had 2 jobs with my van. Moving a house, and doing a delivery. In total I made 140 that day.

I also went and done sunday markets and sold random stuff like clothing and such, I would average about 250 - 300 in that day.

it's been a week since i started doing van jobs, and I have made about 400 dollars with my van doing odd deliveries and house moving, butttt, I have to say moving houses for people are F*cking horrible. If you get a van, stick to deliveries and do quick jobs; Example: Today I picked up a table top about 30 minutes away and delivered it 30 minutes back as the guy lived in my suburb. He was taking a table from the office. For this quick 1 hour and 15 minute job, I charged him 60 dollars. Like seriously, if you have a van and you want money.. Fast jobs are the most profitable jobs you can do and they require very little heavy lifting which means better for your back in the long run.

I'm on a mission to see how much I can make with my man and van side job but my goal is to rake in atleast 150 - 200 per day and believe me, it's very very obtainable as I have already had a 200 in a day job. It's all about how you advertise yourself, remember that.

needless to say, I'm no longer having a problem making rent money and I'm much less stressed. People say money can't buy health or happiness, but I say damn right it can.. Less stress = less chance of getting a heart attack.. Being able to afford to eat better and having the peace of mind knowing you dont have to worry about paying bills.

My facebook page is at about 1400 likes now ( if you read my previous post ) - the website is structured and just needs the content, niche is what I think to be profitable and similar sites ranking which is a good sign.

I'm still doing ebay, but not near as much since it died on me a while back.. averaging about 600 - 800 a month.

And yep, now I feel I can focus again and not feel like shit every day due to the overwhelming stress I had. It's so shit when it effects you physically, such as the tightness in the chest and the constant worry.. the tiredness and feeling lethargic all the time.

Not a very impressive update guys, and im sorry to disappoint but a journey is all about the failure too. We will all make it in the end if we just work hard enough.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.