The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New to the forum. Small Business Owner

Davel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 5, 2016
Phoenix
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself, as I just joined the site about 10 minutes ago. A little about me: I'm in my mid 20's. 2 years ago I moved to Arizona and started up a small business with $3,000 I had saved up while working in college. I own a company that provides a service specifically to college students. First year in business I did a whopping $7,000 in revenue (had NO idea what I was doing). Second year was better, did about $40,000 in revenue. I have absolutely no business background prior to starting this company, and thought I'd join the Fastlane Forum after reading TMF so I can learn from all the great small business minds this forum has.
So with that said, prepare for plenty of questions from me in the coming months, and hopefully I can use what I've learned and will learn in the future to answer any questions any of you have on your business journeys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Welcome to the forums! Small is a word we don't use on here ;) jk

Davel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 5, 2016
Phoenix
Hahah, I see after re-reading what I wrote how that can be interpreted a couple different ways. Hopefully everyone knows what I meant!

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
Hey Davel,

Welcome to the forum.

How did you come up with the idea for your first business?

:)

Davel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 5, 2016
Phoenix
When I was in college I worked for a guy who runs the same business, and was insanely successful with it, but had no plans to expand anywhere outside the state he's in. So, I realized that I could start up something similar, but I didn't want to compete with him, so I moved somewhere that I knew would have a demand for this business. I saw that nobody else was doing it in the area, and I figured that (at the time) I was only 23, my cost of living was very low, I had very little risk, no family to support, etc... so I took the leap and went for it.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
When I was in college I worked for a guy who runs the same business, and was insanely successful with it, but had no plans to expand anywhere outside the state he's in. So, I realized that I could start up something similar, but I didn't want to compete with him, so I moved somewhere that I knew would have a demand for this business. I saw that nobody else was doing it in the area, and I figured that (at the time) I was only 23, my cost of living was very low, I had very little risk, no family to support, etc... so I took the leap and went for it.
That's awesome! I hope you stay here long enough, so we can all learn from you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.