The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Forum Sponsors... Check em out!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'd like to welcome a new directory oriented service that has decided to sponsor Fastlane...

MAQTOOB.

Are you entrepreneur or freelancer? MAQTOOB helps you easily discover useful and affordable business tools:

1) search the best available apps
2) provide and share feedback
3) improve your productivity, save your time, and slash your costs

Really a great website to help find the tools you need to grow and build your business.

Check it out! (I've bookmarked it and found services that I never knew existed.)

MAQTOOB.

~ MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
D

DeletedUser391

What an odd name. I just checked it out though and it is seriously cool. have a look
Hi, sorry for my late reply. I somehow missed this thread.

As for MAQTOOB, it has connection to the Arabic word "maktub", meanint "it's written". I liked the connection between "entrepreneurship" and "maktub" in a sense that we all have a unique path to follow written in our destiny.

I hope it's clearer:) Don't hesitate to ask me any other questions you might have about the platform. I hope you will enjoy it.

Berters

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 20, 2013
UK

As for MAQTOOB, it has connection to the Arabic word "maktub", meanint "it's written". I liked the connection between "entrepreneurship" and "maktub" in a sense that we all have a unique path to follow written in our destiny.

I hope it's clearer:) Don't hesitate to ask me any other questions you might have about the platform. I hope you will enjoy it.
Definitely put that on an about page ;)

I like it! Will definitely have a good look over the next few weeks as I'll need to start using some services.

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014

alchemist reference or just what you enjoyed as a name

Ronnie

Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 18, 2013
New York
Any problems regarding Google search? Searched the name of your website and the results were all for Maktoob an Arabic social network and email provider.

D

DeletedUser391

Definitely put that on an about page ;)

I like it! Will definitely have a good look over the next few weeks as I'll need to start using some services.
It's INSIDERS information;)

Anyway, I'm glad you like it. It should serve aspiring entrepreneurs in the first place.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Design's a little washy, nonlinear, edges bleed into one another. I have a hard time visually processessing where to go or what to do. Seems like A LOT.
I want to explore the site, but something about the design is stopping me.

Seems like a resource if you need something.
But what if you don't need something at the moment?

It would be super useful to allow users to "collect" entries and file them into categories.
"Want to use", "already use", "Hear good things about"
More people will collect than rate.
You can use the option to sort by: "most collected" or "most used"

If I see a resource I know I want to use or buy eventually, I can collect it, come back later and buy it.
It's the type of thing that'd get me to use a sit elike that damn near everyday to see what's new, not just when I need something.

Just a suggestion
-Dennis

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
t would be super useful to allow users to "collect" entries and file them into categories.

Not a bad idea!

D

DeletedUser391

Design's a little washy, nonlinear, edges bleed into one another. I have a hard time visually processessing where to go or what to do. Seems like A LOT.
I want to explore the site, but something about the design is stopping me.

Seems like a resource if you need something.
But what if you don't need something at the moment?

It would be super useful to allow users to "collect" entries and file them into categories.
More people will collect than rate.
You can use the option to sort by: "most collected" or "most used"

If I see a resource I know I want to use or buy eventually, I can collect it, come back later and buy it.
It's the type of thing that'd get me to use a sit elike that damn near everyday to see what's new, not just when I need something.

Just a suggestion
-Dennis
I'm sorry you found it difficult to navigate through the site. As for the design, we have had really amazing response so far. Anyway, I appreciate your feedback (sorting, collections). I will note down your suggestions. Thank you.

BTW You can easily follow what's new by sorting the tools by "new". The homepage features newly added tools almost daily.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Folks I was wondering if we can give @kristynazdot a hand by offering to review one of the services at the website...

1) Visit http://MaqToob.com
2) Find a service you have used, or have experience with.
3) Review it.

Getting initial traction on these aggregate websites is one of the toughest things to do.

Perhaps we can lend a helping hand.

MayaMagpie

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 11, 2014
London, UK
Reviewed a few things. I quite like the concept!
Small issue I had, I tried to register via facebook and it wouldn't let me (app not set up by the developer, it said). Not sure if you were aware of that, @kristynazdot ?

D

DeletedUser391

Small issue I had, I tried to register via facebook and it wouldn't let me (app not set up by the developer, it said). Not sure if you were aware of that, @kristynazdot ?
Thank you. I really appreciate every single review/rating any of you submits. Like this it's easier for entrepreneurs to help each other choose the best tools.

As for the registration, there's probably some small bug. I'll pass it to the developer team to sort it asap. Thanks!

D

DeletedUser391

So it seems it's a problem of Facebook. All is good at our side. You will get the error message but after you close it, you will be signed in.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Just noticed that it says "BUSSINES" instead of business in the sidebar ad. Might scare some people away from clicking.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Please welcome a new forum sponsor:

WebsiteDesigners.com

Great for getting something up and running fast, landing pages, websites, logos, whatever you need.

Special Offer:

WebsiteDesigners.com is proud to offer the members of The Fastlane Forum an exclusive 10% discount off our regular pricing. We've been making websites for over 10 years, and our 8 years of online marketing experience allows us to understand your project and deliver a design that will leave you and your visitors amazed. This promotion applies to any design work: websites, logos, business cards, explainer videos, landing pages, etc. Please mention code "TFLF10".

As always, check em out and click away.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Not sure about your 4 rating options. I wanted to leave a bad rating for one of the apps, but there is really no ability to do so.

Useful, Easy, Beautiful, Budget - Say the app was useful for customer service sucked? Not sure what Easy really means. Beautiful doesn't make sense on many of the apps I left reviews for. Budget - did not make sense on the free apps. What about an overall star rating?

Also, RATE button only works if you click on the word, not on the whole box.

I also found the layout a little weird. I think its the same background color which does not frame out each choice. I think the text at the right should have a diff background color from the page background. Else it just looks non proportional.

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
Just noticed that it says "BUSSINES" instead of business in the sidebar ad. Might scare some people away from clicking.
Yep, I just noticed that as well. Was wondering what a "bussines" was...

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Please welcome a new forum sponsor:

WebsiteDesigners.com

Great for getting something up and running fast, landing pages, websites, logos, whatever you need.

Special Offer:

WebsiteDesigners.com is proud to offer the members of The Fastlane Forum an exclusive 10% discount off our regular pricing. We've been making websites for over 10 years, and our 8 years of online marketing experience allows us to understand your project and deliver a design that will leave you and your visitors amazed. This promotion applies to any design work: websites, logos, business cards, explainer videos, landing pages, etc. Please mention code "TFLF10".

As always, check em out and click away.

This domain/site was just listed for sale on Flippa like 2 weeks ago and ended unsold. Is this the same owner or a new one has taken over.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is this the same owner or a new one has taken over.

I don't know. I don't ask for bank statements, ownership records, or anything personal of sponsors. I look to see if people here could benefit from the service and that it's not an MLM.

D

DeletedUser391

OMG, I haven't been here for a long time and absolutely nobody from the team noticed:( Anyway, thanks!

D

DeletedUser391

Not sure about your 4 rating options. I wanted to leave a bad rating for one of the apps, but there is really no ability to do so.

Useful, Easy, Beautiful, Budget - Say the app was useful for customer service sucked? Not sure what Easy really means. Beautiful doesn't make sense on many of the apps I left reviews for. Budget - did not make sense on the free apps. What about an overall star rating?

Also, RATE button only works if you click on the word, not on the whole box.

I also found the layout a little weird. I think its the same background color which does not frame out each choice. I think the text at the right should have a diff background color from the page background. Else it just looks non proportional.

Hi, a short explanation:
useful - that's obvious, I guess (if you had a problem with some other aspect of the service, i.e. customer support, you can mention it in the review below)
beautiful - how well-designed the app is? (it's necessary to appreciate good design as it usually means the app developers really care about the product and its functionality - having said that, we also include many apps with not such a great design, but still very useful, or unique)
easy - how easy to use is it?
budget - for example too expensive would mean point close to zero, free of charge 10 points

We also changed the rating button as many people had difficulties locating it.

In any case, thanks for your feedback. We are still in beta, sometimes we make mistakes:), and every feedback is highly appreciated!

PS Sorry for my late reply. I didn't get notification and was busy moving the team to London, where we were selected to participate in a startup accelerator. Thanks for understanding.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.