The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New fitness book

Sam Beddall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 9, 2014
England, UK
Hi all,

I've been reading stories for a while now about self-publishing and thought I'd add my own.

I've been self-publishing for over a year now, albeit sporadically. All of my books so far are non-fiction, with most of them targeted at the fitness/diet/training/bodybuilding crowd. I've also got a few in Philosophy and Metaphysics - don't ask.

For about 9-10 months now I've made around $500-600 a month with minimal effort on my part. For the last year or so I've been travelling around India, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and California so I've been way too busy snorkelling to do much promotion.

Now, however, I'm back in the UK and have just this second released another fitness book. It's called Location Independent Fitness Experiments: Bodyweight Training for Busy People and it's about getting (and staying) in the shape of your life wherever you happen to be, without the gym or equipment.

Here's the book:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R3JQDY8/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I haven't devised a marketing plan for it, apart from emailing a few bloggers. I'm a bit out of the loop at the minute, trying to get my act together after such a long time being on the move, so I would appreciate any advice or critique of my work.

Of course, if I can do anything for you or help you with anything, just ask or PM me!

Have a great Christmas and bring on 2015,

Sam

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I like your GET RIPPED title focus. It kind of reminds me of the Prey series by John Sandford.

Good luck with the new title Sam. Good time to release it, just before loads of people get a Kindle or iPad for Christmas and then the January get fit resolutions kick in.

Sam Beddall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 9, 2014
England, UK
Hi Sam,
thanks for sharing this!
Could you tell us what you have done so far, process, marketing etc.??
Hi,

no problem.

Apart from timing the release (as RazorCut says, before the Kindle christmas presents/new years fit resolutions kick in) I've not done anything yet. I will start promoting via social media in a few days and may look into some promotion services but I haven't heard great things in general.

Twitter always works for me in this niche. All of my books have reached number 1 in their respective categories with some well-timed promotion. Plus I always retweet other people's books/work/blogs so it's not a one-way street.

I'm hoping this book can kick start some sales of my previous books as well but time will tell on that one. I've placed all of the required links etc. at the back of the book so will track them from now. Want to get some reviews up as soon as possible as well.

Considering a 'free' period towards the new year, but that might shoot me in the foot as people will be ready and willing to buy around then...

Sam

Sam Beddall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 9, 2014
England, UK
Hi all,

just to let you know my book is on a 2-day free promotion as of now. If you want to check it out for the new year you can get it for nothing until tomorrow night.

Good luck in 2015!

Sam

Destined

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 12, 2011
Awesome job, on the book and the cover looks great as well :)

If I was you, i'd try to find the most influential people in your niche. Bloggers, website owners, anyone that has some sort of influence. Give them a copy of your book and simply ask, if they would leave you a comment on amazon (if, they liked your book). You should also, do some guest posting on the most respected blogs, in your niche.

These 2 things can work wonders :D

You can also do tons, on social media, but these 2 alone pack a punch as well.....

Eric Lefebvre

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 26, 2014
North Bay, Ontario
Hi all,

I've been reading stories for a while now about self-publishing and thought I'd add my own.

I've been self-publishing for over a year now, albeit sporadically. All of my books so far are non-fiction, with most of them targeted at the fitness/diet/training/bodybuilding crowd. I've also got a few in Philosophy and Metaphysics - don't ask.

For about 9-10 months now I've made around $500-600 a month with minimal effort on my part. For the last year or so I've been travelling around India, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and California so I've been way too busy snorkelling to do much promotion.

Now, however, I'm back in the UK and have just this second released another fitness book. It's called Location Independent Fitness Experiments: Bodyweight Training for Busy People and it's about getting (and staying) in the shape of your life wherever you happen to be, without the gym or equipment.

Here's the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Location-Independent-Fitness-Experiments-Bodyweight-ebook/dp/B00R3JQDY8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1418906704&sr=8-3&keywords=sam beddall

I haven't devised a marketing plan for it, apart from emailing a few bloggers. I'm a bit out of the loop at the minute, trying to get my act together after such a long time being on the move, so I would appreciate any advice or critique of my work.

Of course, if I can do anything for you or help you with anything, just ask or PM me!

Have a great Christmas and bring on 2015,

Sam[/QUO

Eh Sam, I love the idea of your book. I am currently twenty years of age. Attending college in the sports and strength conditioning program. I specialize in barbell strength conditioning. I would love to team up with you.

Eric Lefebvre

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 26, 2014
North Bay, Ontario
Eh Sam, I love the idea of your book. I am currently twenty years of age. Attending college in the sports and strength conditioning program. I specialize in barbell strength conditioning. I would love to team up with you.[/QUOTE]Eh Sam, I love the idea of your book. I am currently twenty years of age. Attending college in the sports and strength conditioning program. I specialize in barbell strength conditioning. I would love to team up with you.[/QUOTE]

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Great idea for a fitness book!

Tlcalis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 25, 2012
Nice congrats on your little success :)
So your goal is to sell a lot more copies?
If you want some golden ideas then ask me I'm an idea machine I can give you hundreads of gold ideas if you wan shit I can give you 1000's of small actionable ideas if you want :) I even got awesome passive income material that I can send you :)

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
nice work Sam.

I have 3 fitness books in the industry but only doing a few sales a week..do you find the cover influences sales more than anything else?

Sam Beddall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 9, 2014
England, UK
Awesome job, on the book and the cover looks great as well :)

If I was you, i'd try to find the most influential people in your niche. Bloggers, website owners, anyone that has some sort of influence. Give them a copy of your book and simply ask, if they would leave you a comment on amazon (if, they liked your book). You should also, do some guest posting on the most respected blogs, in your niche.

These 2 things can work wonders :D

You can also do tons, on social media, but these 2 alone pack a punch as well.....

Hi Destined,

yeah I need to look into this. I used to blog a lot but then I had some issues with Hostgator and never started it up again.

Thanks for the advice! Have a great new year

Sam Beddall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 9, 2014
England, UK
Nice congrats on your little success :)
So your goal is to sell a lot more copies?
If you want some golden ideas then ask me I'm an idea machine I can give you hundreads of gold ideas if you wan shit I can give you 1000's of small actionable ideas if you want :) I even got awesome passive income material that I can send you :)

Hi mate,

yeah I'm looking to sell more copies this year. Hopefully crank out a few more books in various niches too.

Have a great New Year,

Sam

Sam Beddall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 9, 2014
England, UK
nice work Sam.

I have 3 fitness books in the industry but only doing a few sales a week..do you find the cover influences sales more than anything else?

Hi Sebastya,

yeah I think the cover helps a lot. The main thing though is a strong hook and valuable content. I've found the books that have 'come together' more in terms of detail and value have done much better over the long haul.

Hope this helps. Have a great New Year!

Sam

Sam Beddall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 9, 2014
England, UK
Just a quick update. My book has reached the top 5 in the free charts for general exercise/fitness in the both the UK and the US. Not a huge victory but nice to see as I contemplate how much food I've eaten and alcohol I've consumed over the last few days.

Have a great new year everyone

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.